• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Luke and Yoda in TLJ. So good. Luke was so good in TLJ, and the scene between Luke and Yoda was amazing. Best little moment might be Luke and R2D2 in TLJ. When TLJ is good, it's really good.

Mark was great. Totally agree on that little moment, right back to the OT Luke.

Really liked the Luke and Leia scene, also the cut scene was so damn good too, shame.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Luke's sendoff in TLJ's sunrise as a visual mirror to his start in ANH's binary sunset is fucking perfect

tumblr_inline_n9h9skNOGb1s375ge.gif

original.gif

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
I'd say the Obi Wan vs Maul in Rebels is my favorite, but also love most of the other posts here.

And I kinda hate to admit it, but I think "maclunky" is absolutely hilarious.

Doomg0d

Mar 26, 2019
original.gif

I really liked the brief scene of Luke and Leia meeting one last time. Really wished there was more of that.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Lotta good stuff in here, wanted to chime in with the way the Force is described/visualized in TLJ:

Can't find a more succint clip but it starts at 1:53 if the timestamp doesn't work.

Last edited:

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
wsdFIlt.gif

And I will not be the last Jedi.
Yup. I could not believe we got this confrontation in TLJ. It felt like third movie shit. Driver channeling peak rage and anguish; Luke on the cusp of total enlightenment, never striking or touching his nephew, hovering cross-legged on the temple summit like a fucking Buddha.

Every movie after TLJ can be trash and it would all still be worth it for Luke's final moments.

Oct 27, 2017
Baby Yoda is giving Yoda Yoda a run for his money.

But the scene with him and Luke in TLJ is my favorite. "We are what they grow beyond" is my favorite quote of the whole saga. Followed closely by Luke v Kylo on Crait, which is an absolutely incredible send off for Luke.

Oct 27, 2017
Vader at the end of Rogue One is the only modern Star Wars thing I've watched more than once. The rest is forgettable to boring.

Except the Mandalorian, which is dope as fuck. Best new character? Baby Yoda obvs.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Baby Yoda by a long shot.

Honorable mentions to :
- Rey's Theme
- TFA's trailer, when I thought Finn was the main character
- Vader in Rogue One

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Luke was my childhood hero growing up and seeing his return in TFA gave me chills. It's just a simple scene and he doesn't even talk but it means a lot to me. Not to mention John William's music for that scene was just perfect.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
That Vader scene would actually be cool if it was his first appearance in the movie.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Ahsoka vs Vader and Luke's last stand are definitely my top two. Rey grabbing the saber's probably in third.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much any scene with Maul in it especially once you get to the Clone Wars. For someone who tried so desperately to stay relevant and could never actually accomplish anything of change in the story, he's by far one of the series best villains.

Also can we appreciate how epic Grevious's first non-canon appearance was? Now that's how you introduce a villain.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
There are a ton of sequences I love in the ST, but I think my favorite might be the Yoda/Luke scene in TLJ. It was such a huge surprise for me and I thought the actual way that things played out made a ton of sense for Luke's character and also Yoda's post all the prequels, the OT, and the TV series we'd seen up till that point.

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
1. Luke vs. Kylo Ren on Crait, and the reveal he is only a Force projection
2. Rey & Kylo fight Snoke's guards in the throne room/Admiral Holdo lightspeed-rams the First Order
3. Han Solo confronts Ben and is killed

Honourable mention to the Rogue One Vader hallway massacre.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kyle vs Luke on Crait in TLJ
Rey using the force to get the lightsaber in TFA.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Man these movies look so damn good. No other blockbusters recently come close.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Absolute top moments.

Rey force pulling the lightsaber. The MUSIC. Chills and tears every time I see it.

Kylo killing Snoke. The shot when he pulls the lightsaber towards the camera and Rey grabs it and stands up, then they have their moment of understanding and begin the fight with the guards. Ooft!

Climax of TLJ. Luke's speechsaying the Resistance will fight on and he will not be the last Jedi and we cut to Rey "lifting rocks". Such a beautiful and earned moment. Whatever you say about TLJ that climax is beautiful and I think it really was a worthy way for Luke to go. Although of course, no one is ever truly gone. TLJ's best moments totally redeem it from the few bad ones.

Honorary mentions: I guess all the humour from TFA. BB-8, "anything else?", the Millenium Falcon reintroduction as garbage (and that whole chase scene which follows).

Hey they've really not been that bad.

Dec 12, 2017
Rey on Jakku
Ach-To scenes tlj
Luke/Yoda reunion
Luke/Leia renunion
Luke/Kylo showdown

All of this is peak Star Wars and better than anything in the prequels.