• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Devil May Cry is your favorite ?

• Devil May Cry

Votes: 20 9.7%
  • Devil May Cry 2

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Devil May Cry 3

Votes: 67 32.5%
  • Devil May Cry 4

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • Devil May Cry (DmC)

Votes: 21 10.2%
  • Devil May Cry V

Votes: 79 38.3%

• Total voters

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
v61k8cdd9bl21.png

I was just listening at The Idol Of The Time And Space theme from DMC4 and was like, this serie is so good.
So, Era, which Devil May Cry is your favorite ?

Mine is probably Devil May Cry V. It's been such a long time since we got DMC4 and Capcom coming BACK was just spectacular.
I have to say, Devil May Cry 3 is in the top 2, legendary game.
Hideaki Itsuno really is one of the best.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
DmC by far for me. DMC5 had the best gameplay, but I hated the bland world design, game gets way too much of a pass for how uninspired the levels are

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
V, I think.

I love 3 with a passion and have beaten it many times, but 5....What an amazing game.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to vote DmC but it's not an option. But I'll still "vote" for DmC, because it's not even close for me.

To quote what I said in the best games of the decade list, where I placed it as the tenth best game of the 2010s:

Insane gameplay featuring one of the most creative and impressive art styles in gaming. Features my favorite character design of all time with Dante, who is the perfect mix of badass and relatable.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
3. Best weapons, combos, level design, atmosphere, bosses, music hell even story.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
3 has the best story and music

people who just don't care about action game plots because they don't matter annoy me DMC3 has a pretty decent plot for an action game with moments that make you feel sad

s y

Nov 8, 2017
DMC5

-Nero is my favorite to play as and he's at his best here
-Dante is even more ridiculous than his DMC4 incarnation
-no bullshit ass levels and puzzles, the gimmick levels from previous games are less fun than using V on DMD difficulty.

2nd place is DMC4SE because i love LDK mode.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Still the original, even after all this time.

Its successors (barring 2) may have far better combat options, but nothing beats Mallet Island, its bestiary and its atmosphere for me. Even Dante's design from this title resonates with me the most as "that's Dante".

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
DmC. Look, there's no accounting for taste but the fact is that Ninja Theory's game is just cooler in my opinion. The tone, the aesthetic, the style, the fashion, etc. British punk/grunge metal. It all just appeals to me in a way that the other games simply couldn't. It's 100% my jam.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
3 > 1 > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DmC > 2

May 15, 2019
DMC5 because the combat is incredible and it doesn't have all of the bullshit between fights most of the games do.

May 15, 2019
Cool, thanks...Guess i could find a quick rundown of the story on YouTube if I wanted. Really wanna play the special edition.
There's a recap video in DMC5 that briefly goes through the plots of the series. You might not get every nuance and reference but it'll be enough to understand the story and know who the characters are, especially if you played 3 which is arguably the most important in terms of story and lore.

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
3 is objectively the best in scope of its totality. 5 has the most casual friendly system and smooth technical learning curve outside of dmcdmc but it has issues across the board in regards to pacing, plot and system mechanics at a high level

dmc3 has the best pacing and boss fights still on top of having a very in depth system that serves as the foundation for its sequels

it also has the best vergil, both playable and boss forms lol

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
5 but it's honestly amazing how 3 has barely aged at all. I got into the series and played through them all this year and 3 still plays great. It has the best story but 5's combat is like sniffing coke.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've only played 1, 3, and 4, but I'm voting 5 as my favorite. It looks the best.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 edges out DMC3 because of the ease of jumping in. DMC3 only has a few missions I replayed all the time, and you really need style switching because certain enemies are just a bore to fight. I think DMC3 has one of the best feels though so it was a tough call for me. It probably would be
5 = 3 > 4 = 1 > DmC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DMC2

edit: I should say DMC3 has the best story structure and mission plan. It flows well into each other and has the best ending boss. DMC5 feels like it goes all over the place, and the ending fights feel less deserved (and its pretty easy). But DMC3 Also has some terrible bosses like Arkham(WOAT other than the vergil cameo), Doppleganger, Geryon (fight in collesuem is better), Lady. But than all the Vergil fights are the best and so are Agni and Rudra, and Beowulf.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
DMC V is the best one Gameplay wise. They made some incredible QoL improvements like how easy it is now to do Enemy step, or finally giving Dante a Weapon that doesn't require you to change to Swordmaster. There are a ton of things in there that people that play through those Games only once won't even notice but to me it was incredible. There may be now lack of Inertia but even after 100s of hours of DMC 4 i never really became good enough for that.

DMC 3 is the best Game overall still i think. It has some weaknesses, most Bosses aren't even that great besides standouts like Vergil and Agni and Rudra but the Tower is a great Location it has the most memorable Moments as well as Levels in the entire Franchise.

I haven't played DMC 1 long enough to make a judgment on it. I really want to replay that, it's been a long time and when i initally played it which was after 3 i didn't like it as much because it was so different. But nowadays i think i could actually really like the Game so it's on my Backlog essentially.

DmC is overhated. It's not great but now with DMC V existing i think it can stand on it's own for some of the cool ideas it brought to the table that even made it into DMC V like the Slowmotion when you kill the last Enemy in an Arena.

DMC 2 belongs to the Hall of absolute and complete Sin

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
DmC is my favorite out of what I have played. Some of the most fun and insane gameplay in a game. Huge fan of Ninja Theory because of that game, and I hope that team is making something awesome...