• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your favorite Christmas Movie

• The Santa Clause

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Jingle All the Way

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Elf

Votes: 24 5.3%
  • Die Hard

Votes: 111 24.3%
  • Home Alone

Votes: 99 21.7%
  • A Christmas Story

Votes: 51 11.2%
  • Other

Votes: 127 27.8%

• Total voters
Mar 3, 2018
a0YOhU3zq0RkOYrVlPXCeE1oFkR.jpg

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely The Muppet Christmas Carol. Christmas hasn't properly started until I've watched it.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Other:
Little Lord Fauntleroy, the 1980 version with Alec Guinness and Patrick Steward (in a small role).
It is sort of a Christmas Tradition over here.

kleinelordxljbg.jpg

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Home Alone was always my favorite but the magic doesn't work anymore. Yet, it's still my favorite

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Christmas Vacation is a glaring omission. Anybody here have love for Four Christmases? I feel like it's probably the most slept on Christmas movie.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Gremlins
Batman returns
Christmas vacation
A Christmas story
Home alone
Home alone 2
Grinch w/Carrey
Die hard
Scrooged

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
As always, it's the 1951 take on A Christmas Carol, "Scrooge", staring Alastair Sim. Criminally never got a decent bluray release, hoping someone decides to give it a 4K release some day.

otBxZLW.png

Do like Die Hard, Home Alone 2, Muppets Christmas Carol, Batman Returns and the 70s Finney musical of christmas carol too

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I have one that stands out among these:

Bad Santa
Christmas Vacation
Die Hard
Elf
Gremlins
Home Alone
Krampus

I plan to find out if if A Boy Called Christmas, A Christmas Gift From Bob, A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas, Better Watch Out, Happiest Season, Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey and Klaus make the list.

Update:
Better Watch Out is horrible. I hate it.
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas has ups and downs, is ok-ish.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017
The Muppet Christmas Carol the GOAT followed closely by Die Hard, Scrooged, Jingle All the Way and Christmas Vacation.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Muppets Christmas Carol.
But I also watch Die Hard and Hogfather every year.
Really like the Klaus movie as well.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
"Its A Wonderful Life" - hated, HATED this old cheesy movie thats on every single year as a kid.
just sat there and watched the thing in my midteens and absolutely loved it, its an alltime favorite movie now
Seeing it in a 1920s theater a few days before Christmas sold out with 2500 people and my entire family was one of my favorite theatrical experiences.
I also detested It's A Wonderful Life as a kid, but it's my favourite Christmas film as an adult. I think it's a story that requires a certain amount of world-weariness to appreciate.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
The three favorites that my wife and I watch every year are Blackadder's Christmas Carol, Muppet Christmas Carol, and White Christmas.

All others are chosen based on whatever we're in the mood for, haven't seen in a long time, or have never seen. Glad I checked this thread because I forgot about Klaus, which was really good and one I'd like to rewatch.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
It's Muppet Christmas Carol. My wife and I have a tradition where every day in December we watch a different Christmas movie with no repeats. 5 years and over a hundred movies in and it's still at the top.

I will say Klaus gave it a really good run for its money.