• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite 16 bit Disney game?

• Castle of Ilusion

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • Lion King

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Magical Quest

Votes: 39 11.4%
  • Quackshot

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Aladdin (Virgin Interactive)

Votes: 70 20.5%
  • Aladdin (Capcom)

Votes: 70 20.5%
  • Other (Mickey Mania, World of Ilusion, Great Circus Mystery, etc)

Votes: 50 14.6%

• Total voters

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
There were many 16 bit Disney games and most of them were pretty good, considering they hired competent developers for the most part like Capcom, Sega, Travelers Tales or Virgin Interactive. I want to know your favorite out of of them.

Edit: For the "other" options there is also Goof Troop, Pocahontas, Pinocho, Maui Mallard and Toy Story among the most well known

Last edited:

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Goof Troop is probably the best "videogame" because it is so creative and, in a way, complex, yet the "Magical Quest" trilogy by Capcom is in my heart, because it's basically the Makaimura team making a Disney game and it shows. It is not Disney art, is Capcom art reimagining Disney art at it's peak. My favorite Capcom era.

magical-quest-starring-mickey-mouse-07.png

magical-quest-starring-mickey-mouse-12.png

Also Mickey to Tokyo Disneyland no Daibouken wasn't released outside Japan and it's pretty nice, with cool mechanics.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
  1. Castle of Illusion
  2. Quackshot
  3. Goof Troop
Aladdin (both versions) are amongst the most overrated licensed platformers of their respective eras. Lion King is torture.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aladdin was beautiful, but Castle of Illusion still reigns supreme... Team Shinobi, baby!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Aladdin on the Mega Drive easily. Loved that game and finished it countless times. It was also one of the best looking games of that era.

Castle of Illusion was also great.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Disney Disney? Probably Quackshot or Goof Troop.

Disney owned IP? Either AVP arcade or X-Men COTA.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Just looking at the poll, I was debating whether to give it to Quackshot or SNES Aladdin, but wait, yeah -- Goof Troop! Severe oversight in not having that one on the poll, OP. Goof Troop is the only one of these that's so great I still go back and play it every year or two; one of the best co-op games on the SNES, bar none.

Jan 3, 2019
1. Goof Troop
2. Magical Quest 3
3. Magical Quest 2
4. Magical Quest
5. Aladdin SNES

Incidentally all made by Capcom. The first 3 are much better with co-op.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
SNES Aladdin by Capcom is hella underrated and better than the Genesis version (even though the Genesis version is more beautiful, visually).
Yeah so many people are fooled by the look and animation of the genesis game. It plays badly, has weird collision detection and platforms indistinguishable from the background. I recently replayed both versions and snes plays so much better even though it's a bit on the easy side

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
it's between the first magical quest and the snes aladdin for me. can't decide, would pay full price for another capcom disney retro collection.

OP
OP
Oscarzx n

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Just looking at the poll, I was debating whether to give it to Quackshot or SNES Aladdin, but wait, yeah -- Goof Troop! Severe oversight in not having that one on the poll, OP. Goof Troop is the only one of these that's so great I still go back and play it every year or two; one of the best co-op games on the SNES, bar none.
Too many games, few poll options

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Castle of Illusion. Its sequel was so disappointing. It added co-op but the atmosphere, level design, overall feel didn't compare.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Quackshot, closely followed by Castle of Illusion. World of Illusion is neat but I don't find it quite as fun to play as the other two.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom's Aladdin.

A fun breezy platformer that is in every was superior to the mediocre Megadrive game.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
A couple more obscure ones. Don't necessarily measure up to the classics listed but I think they warrant a mention.

Maui Mallard

scqT1nU.gif

Pocahontas

tumblr_mvfq7vqrHY1ql58m5o1_r7_500.gif

Jungle Book

AKcUJ4.gif

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pocahontas is a neat game, a little like Another World. If it had any real challenge, I would rank it higher.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't play a lot of Disney games, but of the ones I played I think my 2 favorite are the 2 Aladdin games. They are both awesome for completely different reasons. I can't think of anything like that happening since.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
It's a pretty interesting split. Quackshot not doing so well though and I wonder if that's because of the puzzles.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The ones I enjoyed the most were Magical Quest on SNES (such a generic name) and Quackshot on Megadrive.

I remember Castle of Illusion being either a pack-in or the first Sega game my brother and I had. It feels simplistic now but we loved it at the time.