• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oct 30, 2017
Well, since all my dream VR titles are actually coming to fruition, like Tempest VR, Half Life Alyx, and Panzer Dragoon VR, I'll go with Outrun VR at this point.

this was my first thought. ideally outrun 3.

the games are already fantastical on-rails trips through gorgeous environments, it's all you need.

Twelvy

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
999, or any escape game should be good in VR. I am only concerned about the pacing of those games. They tend to be long, with many dialogues

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Or Robot Alchemic Drive. Being a tiny person in VR on the ground controlling a giant robot fighting other giant robots.
9xd3v3eev0a21.jpg
Sandlot has shown some talent with new control schemes back on the DS and Wii, if you can get them to rein in their frame drops they'd make one hell of a VR game. I doubt D3Publisher is going to let them make anything that isn't EDF-branded though.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Full on Blade Runner-esque genre-spanning detective story. I want shoot outs, and nitty gritty detective work, and paranoia, and first person reality mindfucks, and horror, in the sense of feeling followed as you walk down an empty street or you chase a killer into an abandoned factory.

Or, WarhammVR.

Yeah, personally I want to see a Ghost in the Shell VR game. I'd say that's up there for my dream VR game.

Have you looked into LOW-FI and N1NE: The Splintered Mind? I backed LOW-FI awhile back on kickstarter and N1NE I actually discovered today but I don't know much about it.

Another cyberpunk game on my radar is LONN, but it's not like what you described.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
A skyrim like adventure rpg with the quality and production value of HL:Alyx
A Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider/Uncharted like game, where you discover hidden temples, solve puzzles etc.
Short games or experiences with historic settings. Like a game in Paris during the revolution, or set during the 100 year war, WW1, the assassination of Cesar, the war of troy etc. Being a roman legionnaire during a battle where you need to keep formation and stuff like that.
A game version of Hitchcocks Rear Window
A good arcardy mech game like Armored Core, with procedural generated battlegrounds, deep customization, arena battles, leader boards, factions, mercenary contracts etc.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Viva Pinata or The Sims.

I think any kind of management game would work well with a God view from above. Skylines or Two Point Hospital might be interesting, as would XCom.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, personally I want to see a Ghost in the Shell VR game. I'd say that's up there for my dream VR game.

Have you looked into LOW-FI and N1NE: The Splintered Mind? I backed LOW-FI awhile back on kickstarter and N1NE I actually discovered today but I don't know much about it.

Another cyberpunk game on my radar is LONN, but it's not like what you described.

Oh nice, these looks interesting. LOW-FI going in hard with the Delorean and the Atari sign is pretty funny. Thanks for the heads up.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Since Panzer Dragoon is my most wanted VR game, with this already on the way here are a few I would like to have, too

Samba de Amigo - seems like a perfect fit, and with the success of Beat Saber seems like a no-brainer to me
Virtua Cop - I really liked Mortal Blitz, kind of like a proof of concept that VC shoud work
House of the Dead
Astro Bot 2 - probably the foreseeable VR game I'm looking forward to the most, the first is in the top 3 of my favorite games ever

I generally want more 3rd person games. And as mentioned in the PSVR2 expectations thread, I want a cinematic mode that lets you play any regular game on a virtual screen in stereoscopic 3D.

cjn83

Banned
Jul 25, 2018
TES 6: Redfall perhaps?

Still a little too early for me though, I'd like both better resolution and better FOV before I'm jumping in. Eyetracking can't come soon enough.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like a Geoff Crammond remaster series - The Sentinel and Stunt Car Racer almost felt like VR back in the 80s and I think they'd suit it amazingly well

the suggestion of samba de amigo is genius

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Jurassic Park: Trespasser VR would be perfect.
Oh man, I'm not sure if I'd be ready for that. I'm surprised people remember the game, let alone want to see more of it! Carrying girders in VR would be weird, I guess the whole USP (full hand motion) would get diluted as the funky physics would seem weird in VR.

My vote, as it always has been, is a star wars x wing/tie fighter game. I'd probably buy a gaming pc and pcvr set just for that.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
SSX in VR
Spider Man in VR
1:1 Dark Souls in VR.

I should add that I want these at high visual fidelity and not as sort of compromised tech demos. They should all be full games.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Resident Evil 8 will likely feature VR next year so...

129555.jpg

If you can combine King's Field aesthetics with some kind of miner game where you have to dig tunnels, discover precious gems, but there's also a mysterious story, maybe a village etc.

Nov 8, 2017
Mario Kart.

No, not the Namco developed arcade version; I've already played that in VR. It's cool and all, but it's not really Mario Kart. I want something like Mario Kart 8 that I can play at home online with friends.

Also a JRPG where I can play a protagonist in first-person and feel like I'm part of a group on an adventure; game itself doesn't even need to be outstanding or original. I'd take a VR port of an old Tales of game in this format.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Mario Kart.

No, not the Namco developed arcade version; I've already played that in VR. It's cool and all, but it's not really Mario Kart. I want something like Mario Kart 8 that I can play at home online with friends.

Also a JRPG where I can play a protagonist in first-person and feel like I'm part of a group on an adventure; game itself doesn't even need to be outstanding or original. I'd take a VR port of an old Tales of game in this format.
You should take a look at Mini Motor Racing X, when played in first person mode it's kind of like Mario Kart.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
Star Citizen, where the flying parts play like Elite and the walking parts like Half-Life Alyx.

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jurassic Park: Trespasser VR would be perfect.
ahiseeyoureamanofcultureaswell.jpg

My brother and me loved this gem back in the day even though it was quirky and buggy. The game looked phenomenal and scared the shit out of us, but also it was melting my brothers PC (AMD K6 400) back then. I was quite bummed when I discovered years later that its considered one of the worst games of all time -_-

I just thought a few days ago about how great this game would fit as a VR title just to discover this thread and your response today. Awesome :)

A remake for VR would be absolutely terrific and probably would make me shit my pants more than P.T. I mean come on do a AAA Jurassic Park VR game. Just imagine meeting the T-Rex during a rainy night like in the first movie. Oh boy...

d07_trespasser_c_Gametektive.de.jpg

Imagine this with today's tech, in VR and with VR motion controllers. Match made in heaven if you ask me!

Now I want to replay at least the original Trespasser, but there is no legal way to do so any other than trying to snatch a copy on eBay :-(

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I want a great, scriptable social VR platform, which can serve as basis for people to create content Second-Life-Style. VR Chat is a decent start, but I want something far more polished, possibly decentral and FOSS.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
GT Sport, F1 or Assetto Corsa being fully playable in VR.

I've tried GT Sport's VR mode so far and it's incredibly cool, just a bummer that you can only either do Time Trial or a head-to-head with a laughable easy AI opponent. I get that the PS4's power is lacking for a full VR race, so my hope is on the PS5 to deliver on that front!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Waiting for a VR MMO with the polish of current MMO's. I absolutely believe VR will be the innovative push MMO's need, old-school MMO concepts that focused on immersion, socialization, and playing a role in a world full of other adventurers would be right at home in VR.

Same, but the tech needs to improve a lot first and a company has to be willing to dump an absurd amount of money to fund it. VR still needs more mainstream appeal and attach rates before anyone green lights a full fledged MMO world in VR.

I say give it another 20 years or so.

kungfuian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Atmosphere soaked Metroid 2.5D (sometimes 3d but mostly 2d) 3rd person adventure with a similar perspective used in Astrobot and Moss. Bonus points if it's made by Rare.

Edit- replace Metroid with SOTN style Castlevania and I'd be equally happy.

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for a VR MMO with the polish of current MMO's. I absolutely believe VR will be the innovative push MMO's need, old-school MMO concepts that focused on immersion, socialization, and playing a role in a world full of other adventurers would be right at home in VR.

this. Imagine logging into an mmo just to hang out and chat with your friends at the town pub. Go fishing with real vr fishing mechanics while chatting with friends. Actually getting a workout when fighting. The dream for me but probably 5-10 years away

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
COLONY WARS is all I need for PSVR2 launch.

I wouldn't mind getting something like X-Wing or Freespace either.

Just give me a grandiose Space Opera in VR please.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Endless Ocean (or similar).
I'm surprised by the lack of underwater based games in VR..considering the headsets pretty much resemble a face mask.

Not one PSVR scuba game beyond the very limited Ocean Descent experience.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
I want historical google earth VR....As I think they could be a powerful aid to leaning.
Every Assasins creed if you turn off the fighting would be a good start... and also just a cool bit of DLC that they seem to be overlooking.

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
Something Open-World with a lot of good rewarding exploration, deep interiors and a lot of intersting interaction would be really nice, wouldn't mind post-apocalyptic, sci-fi or zombie setting on top of that.

A few days ago i was playing metro:exodus and went into the
spider infested bunker under the desert
thinking how tense and frightening that part ,among others , would be in VR.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Same, but the tech needs to improve a lot first and a company has to be willing to dump an absurd amount of money to fund it. VR still needs more mainstream appeal and attach rates before anyone green lights a full fledged MMO world in VR.

I say give it another 20 years or so.
Yeah I totally get why it won't be happening soon, I still dream of it finally happening though
this. Imagine logging into an mmo just to hang out and chat with your friends at the town pub. Go fishing with real vr fishing mechanics while chatting with friends. Actually getting a workout when fighting. The dream for me but probably 5-10 years away
Yeah this is what gets me excited, just imagining hanging out with friends but it's a huge fantasy VR MMO world with all kind of social stuff and group combat.