• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 23, 2017
Before we begin, I want to give a quick shout-out to all the new VR users who joined due to Half Life Alyx.

Welcome to VR! I hope you enjoy your stay and have a good time with other VR titles.

giphy.gif

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
I'd like to hear your thoughts about the medium, what you hope to see in the future and what your dream game for VR is.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Virtual On in VR. Same controls and all in a big ass arcade cabinet.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
samba de amigo

para para paradise

better google world implementation. then put a game on top i guess

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, since all my dream VR titles are actually coming to fruition, like Tempest VR, Half Life Alyx, and Panzer Dragoon VR, I'll go with Outrun VR at this point.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Elder Scrolls game made from the ground up for VR maybe?

Well, since all my dream VR titles are actually coming to fruition, like Tempest VR, Half Life Alyx, and Panzer Dragoon VR, I'll go with Outrun VR at this point.
Wait, what? When did Panzer Dragoon VR get announced?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for a VR MMO with the polish of current MMO's. I absolutely believe VR will be the innovative push MMO's need, old-school MMO concepts that focused on immersion, socialization, and playing a role in a world full of other adventurers would be right at home in VR.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
On the Quest, definitely more bold titles and high-quality horror games. Echo VR and FNAF Help Wanted are steps in the right direction.

Also, port Minecraft to the Quest for fuck sake.

Dream game: Please for the love of God let the next FNAF game be fully-VR-capable. Help Wanted was a blast, and that was with a lot of the levels being from the old games. I want to see what the team is capable of.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what? When did Panzer Dragoon VR get announced?

PANZER DRAGOON VOYAGE RECORD
ESvLA9IUMAAcmiJ.0.jpeg

Thankfully NOT made by the people who made the poor Panzer Dragoon Remake, but actually the guy who pointed out all the faults with that port originally that got shouted down before release.

Coming march 2021.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think... Ace Combat 7 VR meets OG Steel Batallion and or Mech Warrior ... a mech with fully realized cockpit. I mean. That's what I dream of as the ultimate VR experience.

So a fully realized Mech Simulation with full VR support. It's such a pity mech games are so niche. And even sadder there isn't anything that comes close on console these days. Hell, I would love a new Zone Of The Enders in VR ,or even Armored Core VR experience.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
On the Quest, definitely more bold titles and high-quality horror games. Echo VR and FNAF Help Wanted are steps in the right direction.

Also, port Minecraft to the Quest for fuck sake.

Dream game: Please for the love of God let the next FNAF game be fully-VR-capable. Help Wanted was a blast, and that was with a lot of the levels being from the old games. I want to see what the team is capable of.
It leaked yesterday that it'll support VR!

X-Wing or Tie Fighter Remake.
That VR mission from the first Battlefront is so good :(. Wish it was a full game.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN: A VR Experience.

I would love a first-person horror experience that's more of a puzzle game/escape the room than anything. No real combat since there's no fighting Michael Myers (maybe you can find parts in the world to build traps or escape his grips once he catches you).

The Friday the 13th game had some of that, I believe. You had to escape Camp Crystal Lake or something? I dig that but a 1st person VR experience with the Carpenters doing the score. I don't need MP, A.I characters would suffice.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ESvLA9IUMAAcmiJ.0.jpeg

Thankfully NOT made by the people who made the poor Panzer Dragoon Remake, but actually the guy who pointed out all the faults with that port originally that got shouted down before release.

Coming march 2021.
It's a remake of certain levels from the series in VR? Do I have that right? Are these games story heavy? Wonder if this would be a good entry point to a newcomer like me

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
ESvLA9IUMAAcmiJ.0.jpeg

Coming march 2021.

Oh, I was not aware there was a Panzer Dragoon VR game coming. o.o

Waiting for a VR MMO with the polish of current MMO's. I absolutely believe VR will be the innovative push MMO's need, old-school MMO concepts that focused on immersion, socialization, and playing a role in a world full of other adventurers would be right at home in VR.

Yeah, so far I think OrbusVR is the only one right now.

Have you heard of Zenith? It was a kickstarted VR MMORPG currently in development. I highly recommend joining their discord for information and other neat stuff.
www.kickstarter.com

Zenith: The Cyberpunk MMO For VR and Desktop

Start your life as a legendary hero in a dynamic, player driven MMO inspired by your favorite JRPGs and Anime. (For VR and PC)

Another VR MMORPG that comes to mind is Ilsyia but I don't know much about it.
store.steampowered.com

Ilysia on Steam

Experience the adventure of a lifetime in the first true MMORPG built for VR! Embark on an expansive open world and explore hidden ruins and dungeons, seek out lost treasure, climb and fight massive titans, quest alone or alongside friends and hone your skills in numerous professions!

Last edited:

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
An Elder Scrolls style game made from the ground up for VR, with the visuals of Granblue Versus and soundtrack of SNES/PS1 era JRPGs.

NightHamAlum

Apr 20, 2020
Washington, D.C.
X-Wing or Tie Fighter Remake.

First thought in mind more or less. Some sort of flight combat Star Wars game in VR, wether it be a remake or an original game.

This would also be amazing. Using the Battlefront assets it would be amazing.

I actually just re-installed Battlefront 2015 purely to replay that X-Wing VR Mission. Even with some advanced movement restricted, it felt AMAZING. I need more of it.

I really, really, really hope Project Maverick is what this is. X-Wing/Tie Fighter Remake or an original flight combat SW game.

The potential is huge here.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Forza Horizon.

I'm in for cockpit sim games. Just need the price to drop for it to all be worth it

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a remake of certain levels from the series in VR? Do I have that right? Are these games story heavy? Wonder if this would be a good entry point to a newcomer like me

The Panzer Dragoon games are indeed a continuing story -- the third game is an RPG after all, but the story is told over multiple games and is slow until the RPG. The main driving story in the games is a reoccurring cycle, individual games are separated by hundreds of years. Long, long ago, society ended in a devastating war which ruined the planet. All old technology was lost, and humanity reduced to nomadic tribes that are on the verge of extinction. Parts of the remaining humans have formed a small empire, which has been digging up ancient artifacts looking for lost technology to rule the world.

It's in this setting that a pair of dragons keep re-emerging over the centuries following the same pattern. A blue dragon chooses a "rider" to bond with, with the goal of stopping a black dragon from reaching an enormous tower. The nature of the black and blue dragons, the purpose of the tower, or why the dragon compels you to stop the black dragon from reaching the tower, are the central mystery to the games that get explored over time. Panzer Dragoon comes first, Panzer Dragoon Zwei is technically a prequel, and Panzer Dragoon Saga is the finale to the story.

You don't need to pay attention to the story in the SHMUP games at all, though. They're told through cutscenes between levels.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Panzer Dragoon games are indeed a continuing story -- the third game is an RPG after all, but the story is told over multiple games and is slow until the RPG. The main driving story in the games is a reoccurring cycle, individual games are separated by hundreds of years. Long, long ago, society ended in a devastating war which ruined the planet. All old technology was lost, and humanity reduced to nomadic tribes that are on the verge of extinction. Parts of the remaining humans have formed a small empire, which has been digging up ancient artifacts looking for lost technology to rule the world.

It's in this setting that a pair of dragons keep re-emerging over the centuries following the same pattern. A blue dragon chooses a "rider" to bond with, with the goal of stopping a black dragon from reaching an enormous tower. The nature of the black and blue dragons, the purpose of the tower, or why the dragon compels you to stop the black dragon from reaching the tower, are the central mystery to the games that get explored over time. Panzer Dragoon comes first, Panzer Dragoon Zwei is technically a prequel, and Panzer Dragoon Saga is the finale to the story.

You don't need to pay attention to the story in the SHMUP games at all, though. They're told through cutscenes between levels.
I see. I'm hype for this now though. Looks like it'll be using the same shooting mechanic as that shmup in The Lab so this should be a blast đź‘€

edit: nvm i read an article wrong. You actually ride the dragons? Holy shit

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see. I'm hype for this now though. Looks like it'll be using the same shooting mechanic as that shmup in The Lab so this should be a blast đź‘€

you have two attacks in Panzer Dragoon. You play as the rider, who has a gun, which can target ala Star Fox. But you can also lock on by painting over enemies, which causes you to lock onto them, which makes the dragon attack multiple enemies at once.

They haven't said if Panzer Dragoon VR will be first person or third person, but most assume first person because of how the original games worked. The big draw of Panzer Dragoon is the ability to look in 360 degrees, so they're perfect shmups for VR.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
A thief game more in the vein of the early bits of the London Heist demo, not the actiony bits that became Blood and Truth (though those were good too)

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
you have two attacks in Panzer Dragoon. You play as the rider, who has a gun, which can target ala Star Fox. But you can also lock on by painting over enemies, which causes you to lock onto them, which makes the dragon attack multiple enemies at once.

They haven't said if Panzer Dragoon VR will be first person or third person, but most assume first person because of how the original games worked. The big draw of Panzer Dragoon is the ability to look in 360 degrees, so they're perfect shmups for VR.
Yeah I read an article about it incorrectly which made me think it would be like the lab. Holy shit if you actually ride the dragon in first person

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so far I think only OrbusVR is the only one right now.

Have you heard of Zenith? It was a kickstarted VR MMORPG currently in development. I highly recommend joining their discord for information and other neat stuff.
www.kickstarter.com

Zenith: The Cyberpunk MMO For VR and Desktop

Start your life as a legendary hero in a dynamic, player driven MMO inspired by your favorite JRPGs and Anime. (For VR and PC)

Another VR MMORPG that comes to mind is Ilsyia but I don't know much about it.
store.steampowered.com

Ilysia on Steam

Experience the adventure of a lifetime in the first true MMORPG built for VR! Embark on an expansive open world and explore hidden ruins and dungeons, seek out lost treasure, climb and fight massive titans, quest alone or alongside friends and hone your skills in numerous professions!
Yeah I've played Orbus and I'm keeping my eye on Zenith. Don't know much about Ilysia but the videos don't seem to give me any idea if it's something I might like or not.

HommePomme

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, Half Life and they really knocked it out of the park.

Other than that Metroid or Jurassic Park, or Resident Evil with more Half Life style interaction

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
A thief game more in the vein of the early bits of the London Heist demo, not the actiony bits that became Blood and Truth (though those were good too)

You know, I've never played Thief but it seems there are a lot of fans of that game.

There is a game I've played that many considered to be Thief, it's called Unknightly but it is a rather short game. Still, it was one of my favorite stealth VR games to play.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck, we have Vox Machinae. It's pretty cool, but it's not god damn Mechwarrior!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This thread is killing me. I need these dreams to come true.
I loved Vox Machinae but I had a REALLY hard time with the controls. The lack of feedback from physical controllers really messed with me and I was drifting and moving all over the place whenever I tried moving, because without looking down at my controls every 5 seconds, I would completely lose track of where neutral was.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
After playing Ace Combat 7 VR Mission, my dream game for VR is definitely space fighting simulator.
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron;
- Mass Effect Space Combat;
- Freespace.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Something Open-World with a lot of good rewarding exploration, deep interiors and a lot of intersting interaction would be really nice, wouldn't mind post-apocalyptic, sci-fi or zombie setting on top of that.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Full on Blade Runner-esque genre-spanning detective story. I want shoot outs, and nitty gritty detective work, and paranoia, and first person reality mindfucks, and horror, in the sense of feeling followed as you walk down an empty street or you chase a killer into an abandoned factory.

Or, WarhammVR.