• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
If you have a favorite Pinball Table of all time please share!

I'll post mine soon as I can find the right picture.

(Kinda obvious but Pictures are more than welcome in here) (:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Not exactly a deep cut or anything, but it's Twilight Zone.

WAZtCjc.jpg

Less ubiquitous choice: Monster Bash

zhdCsHy.gif

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Twilight Zone. Though I probably haven't played it in 20 years. Have a soft spot for Creature From The Black Lagoon as well because I learned to play pinball on that pretty much.

Have a Jurassic Park table at home which is ok.

Red or Alive

Oct 28, 2017
Medieval Madness! Attack From Mars felt like a spiritual sequel but I've no idea if the same designers were involved.

They're also the closest a physical table has felt like a digital table so you've got the best of both worlds.

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
Now this is a topic I can get behind! I've recently rekindled my love for pinball but the selection in my area is pretty dismal. Closest place with a good selection is over an hour away. I'd def vote for LOTR pinball as my favorite. The complexity and depth of the rules makes it a game that'll take months to beat (if ever with my lack o skills). I love John Rhys Davis's casting for call outs and the novelty of seeing a pinball "float" inside the ring blows me away everytime. Depending on the settings when you get to destroy the ring mode you'll have to use another pinball to knock it out of the ring. That'll by my first pinball I ever buy when I have the space and money to do so. Hopefully Stern will make a vault edition since the price is getting pretty crazy for it.
IMG_0453.jpg

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Prolly T2, but I don't have alot of pinball exposure.
Local theater and arcade had them.

But Black Knight 2000 had a great song.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about it, I'd have to give an honourable mention to Funhouse and Adams family, they were also great.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind legitimate pinball cabinets but my favorite machine is one that isn't a "real" pinball game. It's a machine that was at my family's favorite pizza place back home that I played all the time growing up. A pinball gets launched down the middle of a baseball diamond and you are just pressing a button to hit it with a "baseball bat" lever. The pitch can come out really slow, really fast, and have some spin on it. At the back of the machine are spaces that you need to try to hit it that register as an out or a base run. Then if you are doing well, a ramp raises up and can allow you to hit the ball over those previous spaces and into the standing where it is a home run.

Pretty simple stuff and I imagine there's been more than one of these machines with different names. The reason why it was my favorite though was depending on how well you did, you received baseball cards from a dispenser underneath it, like getting tickets from an arcade game. As I got older and started taking my card-collecting more seriously I knew that they weren't cards that were worth anything; they were older cards from the 70's and 80's but not anything that would have been valuable. Still. I really liked collecting baseball cards back then, so I was all about that machine.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played many but we have a Medieval Madness table at work and it's pretty amazing.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I've played a few, never really been any good at them but the ones that always stick in my head are Taxi, Earthquake and a Star Wars one, think it was Sega that did it. I've seen another Star Wars one and it wasn't as good imo.

The machine I'd love to own one day though would be Theatre of Magic.

For shits and giggles, the first pinball game I ever played I believe was called 8 Ball Deluxe. Was very early 80s I played it.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Gah, there are so many I have to play before I can judge! I love my Ripley's Believe It or Not, but The Munsters is looking like a mighty fine machine.

Really want to play Total Nuclear Annihilation because that looks like it has the potential to be a favourite but I haven't played it at all yet :(

Kind of the same with Dialed In!, but haven't played enough of that to judge :(

Pinball thread!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These are my top 3, the first two are kind of obvious but the third one won't be on anyone else's list
Black Knight 2000: That music is so good, plus I think it does the upper table/lower table gimmick better than any other table that's tried it.
5567990603_f2b2b39814_b.jpg

Theater of Magic: This is the pinball table I learned to seriously play pinball on, in terms of really going for bonuses, jackpots, etc. It has a really good set of objectives and overall play action.

IMG_3500-e1526044472961.jpg

Bally's Cosmos: This is the table my grandpa had, my parents have it in the basement and have been trying to make it work again slowly over the last few years. The way they show the pinball going around the moon on a stick is so charming

bly_cosmos1.jpg

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Probably Addams Family or TZ. AF was the first time I took pinball serious when it came out. And was the first table I got to Wizard mode.

TZ is just loads of fun.

Oh and I adore Demolition Man. So many secret bonuses you can find in that one.

Oh and Theater of Magic. Yeah too many awesome tables.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
F-14 Tomcat probably because my dad bought one at a Turlock (Ca) swap meet back in the 90's along with Darius Gaiden.

The ones I went right to at arcades was Terminator 2, Star Trek: TNG and Adam's Family.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Is...is that a guy in a wife beater up top? This looks fantastic.

My favorite is Funhouse, followed closely by Addams Family. I was bidding on a Black Knight 2000 at an arcade auction probably 15 years ago. I stopped when the bus crept up too high. It's probably for the better since I hear pinballs are murder to try to keep working. I do have a couple arcade machines though.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Creature's a fun one. Bit outside the box with the theming, which I really dig.

RhyMRGs.jpg

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's Gorgar -- I love those traditional William's sound effects and the gameplay that isn't too 'fancy' (I enjoy even late 90's boards but after that sometimes shit just gets silly). I love the 'warm' late 70's look to everything. Also I can play Gorgar pretty well.

Eh enjoy a non-rotated pic I took years ago that I can't be assed to rotate from an old iPhone.
img_8189h0kj1.jpg
I might grab pictures I took of a Gorgar table in a minute from my other PC.

Last edited:

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Is...is that a guy in a wife beater up top? This looks fantastic.

My favorite is Funhouse, followed closely by Addams Family. I was bidding on a Black Knight 2000 at an arcade auction probably 15 years ago. I stopped when the bus crept up too high. It's probably for the better since I hear pinballs are murder to try to keep working. I do have a couple arcade machines though.

Sadly, its not up for sale anymore for The Pinball Arcade, but the theme behind The Champion Pub is that you're a bare-knuckle boxer. So the dude in the center is usually a punching bag and you are doing various training stuff, like hitting the punching bag, or there's a jump rope in the top left, speedbag in the top right, etc. And then you initiate boxing matches and the punching bag spins around to show the dude in the wife beater and you and your opponent both have health meters and you're trying to hit the ball into his stomach or use the curved green ramps on either side to hit him in the head. Just a lot of cool gimmicks in that table.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
wh2opf-500x600.jpg

Absolutely love the Whitewater machine. So much fun to do trick shots with the bigfoot up at the top there and try to shoot the rapids with the secondary right flipper.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Oh Red and Teds Roadshow is an excellent followup to Funhouse. Funnnnn table.