• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Most couples, including myself and my wife, have a "song." Just curious what everyone else's songs are?

For me and my wife, it's

It wasn't a song we listened together on our first date or anything, but just a song she proposed to me one day, and while I'm aware it's not the original, it was just a beautiful song and it ended up being "ours."

We did have some alternative suggestions though:

What about you, Era?

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Lana Del Rey's Videogames. Fucks her up.

But Celine's song from Before Sunset fucks her up wayyyyy more. She can't bear to even hear it. Or watch the movie :(

It's my favorite movie.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
We had a folky cover version of this played at our wedding by this awesome duo with a ukulele, once we said our "I Do"s :)

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
God, I hate to say it.....My husband happens to be the biggest, gayest country boy ever.

So....

grang

Nov 13, 2017

but she recently requested this be our wedding dance so it may become this

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno

My fiancee and I are both big Queen fans and we are the love of our lives. I'd do anything for this woman, she's the most incredible person I've ever met and I love her so, so much.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Is it cheating if we have a song written about us? I bought a song from Say Anything for our anniversary one year. It's all about me and her and shit, it's pretty rad actually.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
My girlfriend and I have vastly different tastes, but she loves this particular Saint Pepsi song, which she always refers to as the "Japanese café music" song:

Funnily enough, she called it that before I ever even showed her the video.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Our musical tastes are like complete opposite from each other and we're only (very) slowly getting to know each other's music. Like, I listened to an entire Bastille album yesterday so go me. I think the song we most closely associate with our relationship is from a concert we went to at the very beginning of it:

wolfshirt

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
ok i HAVE to know this story

Lmfao, honestly it's so dumb.

My GF and I have been dating for 4+ years and she would mention often that we never had 'a song'.

Inexplicably, through sheer coincidence or cosmic intervention, almost every time we would talk about what our song could be, How Bizarre would be playing nearby or the next song on the radio. This would happen so frequently that one night, before a date, she turns to me, defeated, and asks: "That OMC song can't be OUR song can it?". "Nah, no way. That would be so lame. We would be so lame." I reassured her.

We get our coats, lock the door and climb into an Uber playing, of course: OMC - How Bizarre. We had a good laugh, kissed over it and it's been our song ever since.