• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Hey Era, just a little thread about Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order. I played the game on PS4 Pro, and I was surprised.I still got the platinum trophy few days ago (pretty easy). I feel like I couldn't enjoy the game as I should be, because :

(there's more media on Twitter, but you get the idea)

I still like the game, but it's a shame. Some are funny but it breaks any immersion. I heard it's the PS4 version of the game but don't know much. Hope the next one will be polished.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm currently playing this on a PS4 pro and yes, not only the game runs like ass, it's filled with glitches and bugs.

Still think it's a very good game, but it definitely takes away from the experience. Can't remember the last time I played a game this broken..

I had to reload a boss fight with Second Sister the other day multiple times because she just wouldn't attack me.

Oct 30, 2017
It can be buggy at times on X1X as well. Especially enemy AI. My biggest gripe is with the unsteady framerate. How Respawn continue to ignore the issues with this game is beyond me. Feels like they fulfilled an obligation for EA and went back to coddling Apex Legends.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I started this last weekend on X1X and even though I knew it ran badly I was still surprised. My internet was down for most of the the day but when it was back I grabbed the day 1 patch and found it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
If this is happening, travel somewhere and come back, that will help clear the issue. This happens due to sometimes the collision detection breaking. Haven't figured out why it happens, though. It happened for me twice on PC as well when I was playing it.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It's super buggy. I had a trophy that I couldn't get for a month because the bounty hunters never spawned in my game at all beyond the one that's scripted to appear. I really wish they took an extra 3+ months to polish the game up.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If this is happening, travel somewhere and come back, that will help clear the issue. This happens due to sometimes the collision detection breaking. Haven't figured out why it happens, though. It happened for me twice on PC as well when I was playing it.
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
So many technical problems hold that game back from greatness. Love what they were going for the but the execution was lacking.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Great game that has some bugs. I personally never fell through the world when getting a platinum, although I did get stuck once in the air jumping in a corner and the game froze a few times, but it corrected itself without fully crashing. Other bugs are much smaller.

It does not greatly detract from the overall experience IMO. I'm playing Witcher 3 right now and last night a pack of wolves came into the frame during a dialogue tree and pounced on me as soon as the cutscene ended without any opportunity for me to respond/prepare, and my horse was levitating and getting stuck trying to go up stairs when I called for him when I wasn't even on the steps, etc. Point being that is often considered the GOTG by many and I still see lots of bugs.

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
I just started the game on Pro so this is a little disappointing (I did already have the game crash after coming off of sleep mode the first time) I am debating playing on a lower difficulty just to cruise through the game after dying to the frog at the start like 5x though lol

Muaddib

Oct 25, 2017
I like this game, but it's soooo unpolished. It feels like it's put together with tape or something, and is about to break.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I found that the game (on ps4pro) runs worse the longer you play (in a particular game session). So that info can help you but it's definitely annoying and shows the game is poorly optimized.

Dr.Ifto

Oct 27, 2017
I had only one issue with the game where I walked into an elevator that hadnt loaded yet so i fell through the floor. Had to go back 30 minutes to my previous save. Really need auto-save on item pickup

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
It was rushed out to maximize black friday sales for EA's quarterly earnings because it's a star wars game that will sell with casuals and hardcore players will excuse bugs from Respawn and a game trying to do Dark Souls stuff.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I finished it without falling through the world, but I had my share of other egregious bugs that were utterly immersion breaking. The sliding mechanic was the least fun thing imaginable, especially when combined with leaping for ropes, as it felt largely uncontrollable. I also found the game very visually uneven, at times looking like a solid late-gen effort, and at other times looking like a remastered version of something from the past. It has all the hallmarks of a rushed game that would have benefitted hugely from another quarter of polish.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
This game could probably have been good if they finished it before selling it. But they didn't, so it wasn't.

The critical consensus is that it is very good. And the game was pretty well finished with a meaty story, its just a bit buggy.

Its understandable, considering its Respawn's first 3rd person game and EA probably desperately needed to get it out this holiday for sales and prior to the all the releases in the first half of this year and the new consoles in the second half of this year.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wife gifted it to me for my Bday, and after reading the comparisons to Souls, maybe I should have tempered my expectations a bit.

Level design is nowhere as good (and the response time much more sluggish), and man... The glitches and bugs... It's crazy.

Besides the screen freezes, my fav so far was the dumb as hell collision detection, which made me go back up an icy ramp after a jump to make me fall in the gap.
Also several occurrences of the AI glitch either not seeing you when you are right there, or being aware of you when they should not see you.

Just.. wow.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The game is, like, two inches away from being really good, but it needed another 6 months to a year of development imo.

I really expect better from Respawn. They know how to make polished games, so I'm guessing EA wanted this out in time for TROS regardless of what stae it was in. Because there's no way anyone on the development team looked at the game in the buggy-ass state it was in the day before release and and said "Yep, everything looks great!".

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I finished it without falling through the world, but I had my share of other egregious bugs that were utterly immersion breaking. The sliding mechanic was the least fun thing imaginable, especially when combined with leaping for ropes, as it felt largely uncontrollable. I also found the game very visually uneven, at times looking like a solid late-gen effort, and at other times looking like a remastered version of something from the past. It has all the hallmarks of a rushed game that would have benefitted hugely from another quarter of polish.

Agree with you on the visually uneven, but for the most part it looks very good. I thought they overdid the sliding parts, but only really one jump on Kashyyyk felt unfair (to those bounce things) - and one falling section was unfair and broke up a good set piece.

Ropes though, I mean once you get force pull, ropes are easy and I didn't find them that hard for starters.

Oct 27, 2017
California
It just feels a bit rushed. Needed a bit more time to bug fix and polish, but I'm sure they had that hard holiday deadline.

I'd love to see a sequel that really addresses a lot of feedback - can't remember the last single-player EA game I played that wasn't riddled with micro-transactions. Pretty refreshing from that standpoint.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm currently playing this on a PS4 pro and yes, not only the game runs like ass, it's filled with glitches and bugs.

Still think it's a very good game, but it definitely takes away from the experience. Can't remember the last time I played a game this broken..

I had to reload a boss fight with Second Sister the other day multiple times because she just wouldn't attack me.

I had a bug with spiderman ps4 where one of the boss had infinite health. I catched up after 20 minutes...

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Whats surprising about this game isn't necessarily that it was released buggy but that it's still in such a poor state. You'd think EA could pony up a few bux to have it fixed.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played this game yet, but are they patching it, or it is what it is?

They've been pretty good about sending out patches since launch. Its really overstated here - as always. Expect some buggyness, but nothing close to unplayable unless you are just hypersensitive, but if you are don't play Witcher 3 or Control or lots of other games that suffer from bugginess and performance issues either.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I always thought Titanfall games looked subpar and there's something Play-doh/blurry about their modeling on this one too. Main character model is terrible.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Played it last month and had to give up halfway through. I can't play an action game where the frame rate is constantly in the single digits and my character falls through the world. It's a buggy piece of crap. Actually it's been several months since I played a game on that console that wasn't buggy in some way. I'm about to play Read Dead 2 tonight, I'm praying it's as polished as it looks. I can't remember what it feels like to play a game that just fucking works out of the box.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, it was a huge let down for me.
My biggest gripe was no fast travel.
I understand during the story, but there's no reason at all to not put it in once the story is complete to allow you to go back and mop up the collectables and trophies.

Agree on the fast travel. I think it was fine in the story, but perhaps you could have gotten a force power later on to move between mediation points. Although you must have had bigger gripes because that's really only annoying in clean-up when going for the platinum.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the laughs, OP. The 2nd and 3rd tweets really made me smile. The last one, well that put the Division 2 on Pro in a new light, maybe it wasn't so terrible afterall.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Respawn shipped an unfinished game for black Friday sales.

But what really blows my mind is the fact that even 2 months post release it's still this buggy. I keep hoping they're going to show up with a mega patch that fixes a lot of stuff, but nope.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
... You can double jump in this game? That looks ridiculous lol. (I've obviously not looked at this game at all)

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Didn't really have any critical bugs that I can recall. There were some loading issues and occasional framerate dips, but nothing that I would consider egregious.
Played it last month and had to give up halfway through. I can't play an action game where the frame rate is constantly in the single digits and my character falls through the world. It's a buggy piece of crap. Actually it's been several months since I played a game on that console that wasn't buggy in some way. I'm about to play Read Dead 2 tonight, I'm praying it's as polished as it looks. I can't remember what it feels like to play a game that just fucking works out of the box.
Based on clips I've seen, it's as broken as any other game...but again, I didn't encounter any serious issues, so I'm not sure why I seem to avoid problems so often.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
I always thought Titanfall games looked subpar and there's something Play-doh/blurry about their modeling on this one too. Main character model is terrible.

But they run fantastically and do not suffer from the bizzarre bugs and glitches JFO does. Titanfall 2's campaign was a near flawless experience. JFO feels like it could collapse any moment due to general unpolishness and visual/gameplay glitches.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any patches planned for the game?

There have been 3 or so patches fixing various things. Keep in mind though that I put in 30+ hours and never experienced any of the bugs in the videos above although some people on the game thread reported seeing it once or twice during their game time.

Its not unplayable and its not crap and is on a lot of people's Top 10 and Top 5 lists for the year.

Oct 25, 2017
Agree on the fast travel. I think it was fine in the story, but perhaps you could have gotten a force power later on to move between mediation points. Although you must have had bigger gripes because that's really only annoying in clean-up when going for the platinum.
I had major issues with the story and how it ended on top of the atrocious technical issues it kept spewing out.