• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2019
(user has been banned: one week - bullying poor innocent mods)

i was about to say my gimmick is getting a week long ban for a completely harmless post, but i think that's everyone's gimmick here.

mods pls no it's exaggeration pls dont bully no

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
(user has been banned: one week - bullying poor innocent mods)

i was about to say my gimmick is getting a week long ban for a completely harmless post, but i think that's everyone's gimmick here.

mods pls no it's exaggeration pls dont bully no
if my gimmick was making excuses for homophobic language and calling it "harmless" then my new gimmick would be attempting to pull my head from out of my own asshole

Oct 27, 2017
why you gotta kick a dog while its down
906.jpg

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
My gimmick is being always correct on every issue, while being incredibly handsome at the same time.
It can be a curse sometimes.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't mind people who do it in a fun way but when you have posters who continually post stupid bullshit threads or comments or will always go into threads to shit them up with negativity (often after saying they wouldn't come back or follow that subject anymore) it's really annoying.

Those people should just get a permaban because it does nothing but ruin threads.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't want to shit on anyone or put anyone down, I'm sure some people like these are decent people, but I don't like it and I don't support it. They make people like me who are legitimate weirdos and outliers (I can call myself that, why deny what I am, no shame in being yourself) look like trolls and attention getters, which saddens me. It's people like that that make others see anyone who is out of the norm as disingenuous somehow and it's irritating.

But as long as no one is outright being a bully, I think it's okay. Doesn't mean one always has to like it, but that is the point of a discussion forum. It's okay not to agree on everything. Just be respectful.
Gatekeeping for weirdos, really? You are a troll and attention getter, don't deny that. I can't even remember the number of times you've been banned for questionable posts from the other place to here. No one else makes you look like that, it's all based on your actions.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This fĂłrum doesn't have users with gimmicks, only some users that are very passionate on some specific things.

If you want to see fĂłrums with users that have gimmicks you should read wrestling boards, for some reason some people there love having gimmicks

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind people who do it in a fun way but when you have posters who continually post stupid bullshit threads or comments or will always go into threads to shit them up with negativity (often after saying they wouldn't come back or follow that subject anymore) it's really annoying.

Those people should just get a permaban because it does nothing but ruin threads.

Oh man. Yeah this. I can think of a few very specific posters who do this. I always wonder, why are you even here, then?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to shit on anyone or put anyone down, I'm sure some people like these are decent people, but I don't like it and I don't support it. They make people like me who are legitimate weirdos and outliers (I can call myself that, why deny what I am, no shame in being yourself) look like trolls and attention getters, which saddens me. It's people like that that make others see anyone who is out of the norm as disingenuous somehow and it's irritating.

But as long as no one is outright being a bully, I think it's okay. Doesn't mean one always has to like it, but that is the point of a discussion forum. It's okay not to agree on everything. Just be respectful.

Dk1Cew9X0AApRdh.jpg

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
As long as we don't get those Reddit style gimmick accounts I'm fine.

Always_answers_potato
>Potato
Always_answers_potato_with_pineapple
>Pineapple
English_accent_guy
>Oi can u wankers s'op saying po'a'o
Always_answers_potato
>Potato
Always_answers_potato_with_pineapple
>Pineapple

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
does the dog guy count?

Keep Skinny4All out of this!

giphy.gif

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Let me take my seat on this passive-aggressive train.

Gimmick posters with a deft touch - that flex their wit judiciously, occasionally, in the service of sending up some absurdity that somehow still keeps the thread on topic are internet treasures. I have yet to see such a gimmick poster on resetera. Maybe some of you all will grow into it. I don't know.

Gimmick posters that litter too many threads or start their own threads just to tout/celebrate themselves and post a non-sequitur in the voice of their internet personality just make me feel sad. It's not a nice feeling.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I see Demi posts here now. Is he the real GAF Demi of old? Always loved that guy back in the day.

Regarding gimmicks. I think they're fun if they are done sparingly. ERA can get too serious at times. A little levity is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.