• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The obvious answer is, of course, The Masked Singer.

ahh-masked-singer.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Even before the Rudy Giuliani debacle, this show is the worst show in the history of television.

"SHE MENTIONED LIVING IN A HOUSE...MAYBE IT'S MICHELLE OBAMA?!?!?!?!?!?"

What do you think?

1415239776291237888.gif

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't think much of the reality tv shows mainly these days. And Im not against them as a whole because I enjoyed many seasons of The Amazing Race. So I'm not a total snob.

But man the whole Housewives stuff (if that's still on) and the Singer/Talent shows with the judges etc etc... Man. Just bottom tier TV IMO. I loathe 90% of it. That stuff deserves all the hyper focused and never ending critics that actual decent shows like Lost/GOT and other shows actually end up getting.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that blows my mind about the masked singer is how a show with a budget consistently produces such dogshit looking costumes.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't understand the rationale of bringing a show like masked singer over to the west, Korea has an insane domestic entertainment industry where there is a never ending supply of b/c list celebs who are happy to sign up (and who people are happy to watch).

Meanwhile the US run has had Rudy Giuliani of all people on it

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
You guys remember that Jerry Seinfeld show The Marriage Ref?

I don't watch trash tv because I get enough of that on social media as a whole and really who has the time, but I have seen clips of that Marriage Ref show on youtube and my god.

I'm sure modern trash tv is deeply sordid but the sheer discomfort of watching that show is really something. Other ones are clearly obnoxious and over-the-top at the best of times but Marriage Ref tries to be vaguely sincere and there's just this great, pervasive sense that every last person involved would rather be boiled in lava. Even 90s Springer is like, man, that show is rough.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Kardashians still on?
Real housewives of ______
Most daytime TV (Springer, Paternity test…I mean Maury, "Judge" shows, etc.)

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
The fact that Cheaters has been on TV since forever and still tries to excuse its no-budget "we point a camera at an ambushed couple in a public setting while a relationship implodes live on TV" under the guise of "encouraging temperance and virtue" easily makes it one of the trashiest of all trash that has ever infested trash television.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
One that has real effects on people's lives: anything on Fox News

Just shitty all around: anything WWE.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I watched a few minutes of the swedish version and it is just as bad.

It's like some gameshow you would see in a satire movie about a dystopian future.

It's so bad the cringe causes me physical pain.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Not "TV" exactly...

But "The Ultimatum" on Netflix was a fucking DUMPSTER fire. lol

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Oh wow you were not kidding about the Giuliani thing, they actually had him on the show.

"Hey who are we going to have on our dumb family friendly music show?"

"How about Rudy Giuliani, you know, the fascist that helped undermine democracy and tried to stage a coup"

"Great idea!!!"

Tv was a mistake, it's all trash.