• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is the worst Batman film?

• Batman Begins

Votes: 57 10.0%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 487 85.3%

• Total voters

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
And now you're tricking me into trying again! How am I this easy!

fml

TDKR gives Bruce a happy ending with a partner who truly gets him.

Allows him to do what the comics never could, escape the sick system that poisons his morality.

TDK blows up Rachel to motivate Dent to suddenly go nuts and abandon his morality and become a coin flipping psycho with about as much proper build as Anakin murdering children

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Allows him to do what the comics never could, escape the sick system that poisons his morality.

TDK blows up Rachel to motivate Dent to suddenly go nuts and abandon his morality and become a coin flipping psycho with about as much proper build as Anakin murdering children
I'll watch it with this in mind. I was planning on re-watching the trilogy anyway after reading this thread. I can understand your reasoning, maybe it'll push me over the edge...

(fml)

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch it with this in mind. I was planning on re-watching the trilogy anyway after reading this thread. I can understand your reasoning, maybe it'll push me over the edge...

(fml)

For the record I rank Batman Begins far above the rest

That they abandoned the fantastic Batman musical theme they established in BB is tragic.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
It's Batman and Robin

The movie's entertaining "so bad it's good" factor is massively overstated. It's just bad in a corny but tedious way.

May 26, 2018
Gotta be Batman and Robin, unless there's some totally awful animated film I haven't seen (or a black and white batman that's looney tunes-style racist)

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Batman v Superman isn't a bad movie, and it's even underrated in my opinion. :-"
But Batman & Robin... I wanted to watch it again some years ago, but it was impossible and stopped it after 30,40 minutes. Sometimes you can watch a bad movie and enjoy it, but Batman & Robin isn't like that.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
smh at all the B&R haters in this thread

y'all motherfuckers hate fun

to be fair, those kids had it coming

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batman and Robin.

I remember being the only one who laughed loued at the theater at "holy metal rocks, Batman." It is a shame I have lived with for far too long.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly didn't like any of the Nolan movies. There were great scenes and memorable performances here and there, but as a whole, I thought they didn't work. Heath Ledger definitely was brilliant though.

I'm excited for Battinson because it seems like they're going for something different and Pattinson is an inspired choice. Hoult would have been promising as well.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i wish i could show this thread to the people who were at the old place when TDKR came out. i watched it and made a post along the lines of "TDKR will be remembered as easily the weakest of the trilogy" and got like 100 posters quoting me telling me that i'm insane.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched Batman Forever again last night after the 4k hdr release and it's legitimately better than TDKR.

I mean it's fucking terrible, but it's so ridiculous that it kind of makes it fun. TDKR isn't fun, it's just shit.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
TDKR is basically the film people claim Spider-Man 3 is.

It's completely bloated, overly long has forced characters that make no sense (Not Robin) the worst version of Catwoman a low point montage that is silly and dull (Borken Batz is much less fun then Emo Spidey)

It ends solidly but the path it takes to get there neuters the payoff.

Forever is the worst Burtonverse Batman

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It would be interesting to see how many people consider the new Justice League/BvS "Batman" films to be better or worse than the Joel Schumacher Batman films in the 90s.

The Nolan films were all quite good, the first two were excellent.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
It would be interesting to see how many people consider the new Justice League/BvS "Batman" films to be better or worse than the Joel Schumacher Batman films in the 90s.

The Nolan films were all quite good, the first two were excellent.
Say what you will about the Schumacher movies, but they knew what they were aiming for, and filled those movies with camp and cheese. That's why I can never truly hate them.

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
The problem is that as long and unwieldy as Rises is, I love Tom Hardy as Bane.
I think that sums up my feelings on the Nolan Batman movies. For every silly, overly self-serious nonsensical scene, you've got Scarecrow, Joker and Bane chewing up the scenery.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Killing Joke.

Batman x Batgirl was a huge mistake.
Of the live actions ones BvS. Of all Batman movies the answer is "The Killing Joke" animated movie.
If the animated movies count, then it's definitely The Killing Joke. No contest