• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is the worst Batman film?

• Batman Begins

Votes: 57 10.0%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 487 85.3%

• Total voters

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's Batman Returns. Weird ass film and you could tell Burton stopped giving a fuck about the comics.

Like, think about all the weird stuff in that film. It's crazy

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
That one with Billy Zane in a purple onesie
4f03a3b07c159_236921b.jpg

That and Catherine Zeta-Jones talking about boots are the only things I remember of that movie.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Terrible and flawed poll, but given the choices, it is obvious. DKR is dog crap compared to two of the top 5 superhero movies ever made...

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Batman Begins was excruciatingly boring, but at least it picked up...eventually. Rises was just an awful movie all over. Hell, I greatly prefer Batman & Robin to it since at least Clooney was a better Batman than Bale ended up being at the end.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I'd actually rather re-watch Batman & Robin than Rises. There's at least some cheese and schlock appeal for B&R. I have no interest whatsoever in revisiting Rises.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at those poll options. None of the Nolan films are anywhere near the worst. Not while stuff like Batman Forever, Batman & Robin and Batman vs. Superman exists.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
When I saw the title of the thread I thought we'd be talking about the film's other than the TDK ones. If that was the case, it's a knife fight between Batman v Superman and Batman & Robin, but since we are talking about only the Nolan ones, The Dark Knight Rises without question.

Ranking Batman on film:

1. Batman Begins
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman Returns
4. Batman '89
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Batman Forever
7. Justice League
8. Batman & Robin
9. Batman v Superman

Mask of the Phantasm is still the best film with a theater release of them all tho. It's animation and not a worldwide release, so I'd argue it doesn't count.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I didn't care for any of these movies as Batman films. First one was a great Bruce Wayne/Scarecrow movie; second was the GOAT Joker film. But I never felt like Batman as a character had the necessary intelligence and complexity in any of them. And I thought the Bat-Voice was the worst choice they could possibly make until I heard Bane speak in Rises.

Did Nolan/Hardy ever discuss the Bane voice in interviews? Because it's so ridiculous, I genuinely don't understand why it was used. The third movie has plenty of problems, but I can't take it seriously because of that voice.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
The answer is Batman v Superman, what a complete waste of time of a movie. Batman & Robin was also a terrible movie, but the terribleness is quite entertaining as cheese. Of the Nolan films, TDKR by far, a total let down after the setup of the TDK and some terrible performances outside of the 2 leads.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
The answer is Batman v Superman, what a complete waste of time of a movie. Batman & Robin was also a terrible movie, but the terribleness is quite entertaining as cheese. Of the Nolan films, TDKR by far, a total let down after the setup of the TDK and some terrible performances outside of the 2 leads.

Agree on Batman v. Superman

But if i had to choose between the nolan trilogy films it would def be rises. for some reason, nolan cannot direct fight scenes. in rises, the showdown between bane vs batman and police force vs bane army is just so bad: punches not connecting and all that. also, really, batman breaks his back but being pulleyed up with a rope and forced to stand straight fixes it? im really starting to think rises was just nolans way of getting WB to finance his other films.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Batman and Robin is the worst. Anyone who says "it's so bad it's good" hasn't watched in a long ass time; it's fun to laugh at for about 45 mins, maybe an hour, but around the time we get to Dick and Barbara's weirdo underground racing cult, it's just fucking boring.

I think Batman v Superman is probably second worst, but I wouldn't put Batman Returns that far behind it either. There's some good stuff in it but I think it's way way overhyped. People in 1992 had it right the first time!

Last edited:

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Period? Batman v. Superman. While I consider Affleck currently the best live action Batman, he was surrounded by just awful.

Nolan? Rises. Pure nonsense coming after the STILL #1 Comic book movie.

Before that? Batman Forever. Batman and Robin was at least going for a 60's motif, Clooney was good, and for me the camp just worked. Sure, objectively it is a bad garish film, but at least it was attempting something. Forever was caught in between going for the 60's and Burton's style, they didn't even bother to set up Two Face (While also shafting Billy Dee Williams), Kidman was awful, and Kilmer was a block of wood. Jim Carrey was a force, but the film was just boredom.

synapsidal

Oct 25, 2017
This is my current preference after watching the 4K remasters today
BVS > TDK > BB > 89 >>> B&R > TDKR > BR > BF

5 years ago I would have said:
TDK > BB > TDKR > BR > 89 > B&R > BF

Mar 25, 2019
With the news that there's a new Batman trilogy coming, I thought it would be a fun trip down memory lane to discuss the worst Batman film created...

My personal pick is The Dark Knight Rises... with bad choreography, a poor final twist, and generally lackluster performances all around, the movie lands like a dud compared to the predecessor.

giphy.gif
Maybe you're a little young to remember, but Batman and Robin makes The Dark Knight Rises seem like Citizen Kane.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
My rankings:
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Returns
Batman Forever
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman & Robin

As far as I'm concerned, Burton's movies aren't Batman. They get so many of the characters so wrong it's almost insulting.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
It's not The Dark Knight Rises, the 90's had a lot of bad Batman movies. But yeah, TDKR is definitely the weakest of the Nolan trilogy.

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
Since we are stuck with the Nolan Trilogy, that would definitely be The Dark Knight Rises. I didn't hate it...but I didn't really like it either. Was just ok. Was very disappointed in that one.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman
3. Batman Begins
4. Batman Returns
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Gap in quality because fuck you
7. Batman Forever
8. Batman V Superman
9. Batman & Robin

Nipple Batman is factually the worst, followed by Batman V Superman and Batman Forever.

Last edited:

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This can be easily answered.

From the Nolan trilogy: The Dark Knight Rises
Overall from the live-action films: Batman & Robin

There you go.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Well congratulations OP, you made a post shitting on TDKR. Now what's the next step of your master plan?