• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
For me, it's doing at least 5-10 minutes of plank exercises everyday. I got motivated listening to a Beastcast where Bakalar said a PT told him doing planks everyday "will put you ahead of 90% of the population." That pretty much made me start doing it an man, my lower back feels great now. I used to complain about back pain all the time and now...it's gone. So tell me yoru life tips that will make my life more awesome.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tenor.gif

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
If you have the means look into getting a dog. Great company, forces you to get daily exercise, not to expensive, and you can teach em some fun tricks (except my dog. She just knows a few and does them all in order when she sees I️ grabbed her a treat)

also if the news really takes a toll on your mood, I️ recommend not reading it. Chances are most of it is out of your control

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Drink a glass of water as soon as you get up. It gives so many benefits for the literal 5-10 seconds it takes to do.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Don't be afraid to ask for/take help, even if you think you don't need it and feel you are capable of going through things on your own.
You don't have to go through it alone, and when someone's offering help then they are doing so because they care for you, so refusing it can mean you may miss out on something that could be good for you while also making the person you refused feel worried/rejected.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't look for some sort of special meaning in your life. You don't need a meaning to live, so just live to your fullest.

OP
OP
Virtua Saturn

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
If you have the means look into getting a dog. Great company, forces you to get daily exercise, not to expensive, and you can teach em some fun tricks (except my dog. She just knows a few and does them all in order when she sees I️ grabbed her a treat)

also if the news really takes a toll on your mood, I️ recommend not reading it. Chances are most of it is out of your control

I did the dog tip twice and it's a win win. I about to delete Twitter. It's so easy to open on my phone and almost always leaves me in a bad mood.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I did the dog tip twice and it's a win win. I about to delete Twitter. It's so easy to open on my phone and almost always leaves me in a bad mood.
Oh for sure. I️ think it's important to take stock how you waste your time online. If it isn't a net positive or at least neutral cut it out. I️ haven't had traditional social media in years and it's been great for my well being

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Absolutely and without question: get enough sleep every night (for the vast majority of the population, that's 7-8 hours).

EVERYTHING else is improved by that foundational step.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Get a bad that is good for your back. It will immeasurably improve your life since you won't be in pain every day.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Live close to where you work. You can gain as much as 60-90 spare minutes of free time/sleep time if you're within 10 minutes of your job.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do what makes you happy, not what society tells you will make you happy.

You don't need to be married.
You don't need to have a mortage and a fancy house.
You don't need kids.

Only do those things if it's what you ACTUALLY want for yourself.

Oct 26, 2017
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
If you are ever presented with the opportunity to learn something new -- regardless of whether or not it is relevant -- you should take the time to learn it, as you never know when it may come in handy some day.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never forget when I was twelve years old in Little League. My baseball team had just suffered an absolutely crushing 6-1 loss in the final game of our tournament. I was curled up behind the dugout, trying to hide so nobody would see me crying. My dad came around the corner and knelt next to me and gave me some of the most important advice I'd ever received. He lifted my head up and said, "Son, it's okay. Just remember one thing -- never take advice from Jeff Bakalar."

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Consistent small steps, little by little, will get you to whatever you want to accomplish.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Be good to people, but more importantly, learn how to be good to people in the ways they need, because people need help in a million ways you cannot see and will never understand.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
(paraphrasing)
If you don't like the situation, change it.
If you can't change the situation, change your attitude about it.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Absolutely nothing. Everyone's life is different.

Even the post above mine, that tip won't improve the life of someone that can't walk.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Live by this rule:

"Do as you say you will do."

You don't have to do everything. You shouldn't say you should do everybody. But if you say you're going to do something, do it. If you're not going to do something, don't say that you will. A lot of people say they're going to do something as an excuse not to do it, or to get themselves off the hook of doing something, and it kills your credibility with other people. If you think about people who lack credibility with you, like friends who get on your nerves sometimes, employees at work who lack credibility, companies you deal with ... A trend among a lot of them is that they don't do what they said they were going to do. "Hey, I'll text you this weekend to hang out," and then they don't, and it hurts your feelings. It's not so much that they didn't text you, it's that they said they were going to do something and they didn't. Or, people you work with "Can you get me those files? Oh, yeah, I'm finishing them up and will send them over this afternoon." And then the person doesn't send them to you that afternoon but maybe ... 2 days later, or maybe you have to ping them again. IT's not so much that they didn't send them that day, it's that they said they were going to, and didn't. Or the friend whose always late. "We're meeting at the park at 11:30 does that work for you?" "Yep, see you there!" And then 11:30 rolls around and they're not there, so you text them at 11:35... nothing... then 11:40 comes up and it's "Hey sorry leaving now..." And then 11:50 hits and you know it's only a short drive from their house so if they were "Leaving now..." that seems weird that it'd take that long... And then finally they arrive at 12:05. Sure, being late is annoying, but it wouldn't be as bad if they didn't tell you they were going to meet at 11:30,a nd then didn't tell you they were leaving now, that's what's annoying... And whne they get there they usually have some excuse "Oh sorry I'm late, blah blah blah blah." but it's a pattern with them, they have no credibility, so even though they're effusively apologizing, you know their apologies don't mean shit because they have no credibility.

It's my #1 thing I tell people I Work with who report to me. I don't really care if a report doesn't do something, but if they tell me they're going to do something, and THEN they don't do it, then I'm like... wtf man, you said you were going to do this. IF you're not going to do it, don't tell me that you're going to. It's just all about credibility. If you're going to be 10 minutes late for something, don't say you're going to be 5 minutes late, just say "Sorry I'm going to be late to the meeting." then people won't wait 5 minutes for you and have 5mins turn into 10 mins. A lot of people add specifics to something they don't intend to do because they think it builds credibility... "Hey, sorry, I can't get this work to you by today but I will get it to you at 9am tomorrow morning..." thinking that by adding "9am" to it, they've just built credibility. It doesn't. Sure, it assuages some worries in the moment, but a lot ofpeople add details like that specifically just to AVOID doing the thing they just said they'd do. They tell the lie, and then that takes the heat off "Phwew, they're not mad at me anymore......." If you just drop tohe promise of 9am, when you don't deliver at 9am then people won't be as annoyed with you and you'll maintain your credibility. THis is a hard thing to do, everybody fails at it sometimes, but by god if you do what you say you will do, you'll earn a ton of credibility and good will with other people.