• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
My rarest is a trophy from Terraria, and the other 4 are from Fortnite: Save the World.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Based purely off of PSN Profiles:

xgjI2Gi.png

I know I know... I really liked Rock Band.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Platinum in Fall Guys for me at 0.1% for total players but 2.5% on PSN Profiles

Solely down to people not being able to get Infallible

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Ranked streak in Motorstorm PR. 3 wins in a row online, so I don't think anyone else will ever get it now.

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
Rarest one is the Fall Guys Platinum, which is at 0.1% according to PSN.

bkL9Mr0.png

(don't think I'll be able to win 5 games in a row ever again)

But by PSN Profiles is a bunch of trophies from a game called Pix the Cat, that I played a lot on the Vita when it was available on PS+:
VAS1FMq.png

Below 1% there's also the Platinum trophies for MGS V, PuyoPuyo Tetris, Rayman Legends and the three Crash games from the N.Sane Trilogy.

There's also this one, from FIFA 13:
D84hds0.png

Which is hilarious to me because it's a very simple thing to do.

sanstitre24kf2.png

Pix The Cat is a good game, I have nearly 30 plats and I'm shocked to see it'll forever be the rarest trophies lmao

Damn! Never was able to get the scores for those last two trophies... :(

Denito

Dec 30, 2020
For me it's probably Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition's platinum trophy and with it the one to clear all missions on all difficulty settings with an S ranking (except the new ones from SE but I did them afterwards anyways since I needed some more goals to achieve during the peak of teleworking last year) which both have a rarity of 0.4% on PSN.
I played standard DMC5 on release and never even tried to go for platinum since it seemed impossible to clear all missions with an S ranking but working from home and having a faster loading version of the game on PS5 gave me the necessary environment give it a real try which worked in the end :)

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
This is a very clever way to illustrate the hard PlayStation skew of ResetEra OP. Good job, lol.

On topic, It's really hard to measure rarity for some discontinued achievements, but if I had to guess, I'd say the "Day One" achievement or one of the really obscure Netflix/Hulu achievements I got back during the Xbox One launch period are my rarest just because adoption of the platform was super low at that point in time.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have been playing Danganronpa THH on Xbox recently and very few people must have made it past the first thirty minutes because completing every chapter was a diamond achievement.

I'm almost at the end of the game so that might end up being the most rare compared to the community lol.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Crysis 3 platinum, but mostly because I guess many people played the game casually.

Then Speed Demon from Motorstorm Pacific Rift. That game was hard.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Played a ton of Windjammers 2 on the release day and had a couple achievements that were obtained by 0.01% and 0.02% of players lol

That percentage has gone up since.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
NhdsGlM.png

And I'm on the way to get the platinum for Gran Turismo Sport which has 0.97%, it should take me a few more races to get the XP for 50th level.

De Amigo

Dec 19, 2017
I have the Platinum in Star Wars Battlefront 2015 which is at 2% rn, not hard but probably alot of grinding, although since I loved the game so much I never really noticed it.

I also have a bunch of under 1% achievements in Fortnite Save The World Mode, not because theyre hard but the ratio factors in everyone whos ever played even the Battle Royale mode so basically half of all the achievements in that game now have under .5% completion rate lol.

Technically my rarest achievement ever was a .01% one on the game "APB Reloaded" but solely because it was a F2P game and you could only get the achievement during like a holiday event years after most people considered the game dead.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna check right now but I'm guessing it's one of these:

Celeste Platinum
Hollow Knight Platinum
Rayman Origins Platinum
The Witness Platinum

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Don't use PSN or Xbox but this is my rarest on Steam.

Age of Empires IV
pBEdAJn.png

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
According to PSN Profiles, it's Catch This! from Transformers Devasation, and the next 2 rarest are from that as well. Hell, 5 of my top 10 are from that game lol.
I think that's proof that delisting games and not having them available digitally is a bad thing, because they weren't particularly hard trophies from the game, just stuff like doing a section without taking damage, getting 100 headshots, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Infallible from Fall Guys on PS and Halo Infinite LASO on Xbox. But all my Xbox percentages are skewed because they're on game pass.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
ND53K7n.jpeg

Those are all the PS3 versions (except Wonderful 101 of course) so I don't see these changing unless I get an even rarer trophy

Ephemeris

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it would be Killzone 2 or MGS4 related. But nope.

My rarest is the DJ Hero Plat - 0.39%

And how is my Arkham Origins Plat rarer than Killzone 2's

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Kind of ignoring the letter of the thread title but I have the 100% completion badge in ARMS. You don't need to do all of the insane tasks though, as it has an achievement system where you only need to do so many "silver" achievements in order to get all the silver badges. Some of those are insanely difficult like a 50 win streak in ranked.

As you needed to attend a large number of the time limited events to get their gold badges, and you needed a large amount of matches on each character (I literally built a simple robot in order to do one hit matches), I'd imagine not a lot of people have it.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
1000/1000 achievements on Ridge Racer 6 (Xbox 360).

I am not sure how you can compare this stuff, but it was well documented to be one of the toughest game to 100% in the early years of the Xbox 360, along with both Dead or Alive 4 and Chromehounds.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Spelunky's Speedlunky trophy is 0.7% on PSN and 0.87% on PSNProfiles so that overall.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Sort of - go to trueachievements and then click on your own name and then "achievements" to get the list of all cheevos you've ever completed. Then click on "ratio" and it will show the full list with the highest ratio achievements first.

The metric is based on TA users but the relativity between games is usually pretty good,.

If you want to know the exact %age of people the completed it in the xbox ecosystem then you have to click into that particular achievement and it will show on the rigth the TA ratio as well as the %age completion on xbox.

That page would actually be perfect for a global percentage filter, but the way it is now, it doesn't seem to work very well. At least for me.

A a lot of rarer achievements are rated lower and vice versa, probably because you mentioned that it's TA user based. Was worth a try, though. Thanks. :)

When it comes to games a lot of people have played it's between Red Dead Redemption 2, The Evil Within's AKUMU mode, Max Payne 3 New York Minute Hardcore & MGS2 VR missions just going by Xbox Live stats. I'll check Playstation later as I do not know if they have a web profile thing or not but most of my game time in general is on my Xbox. PS is reserved for exclusive stuff or console exclusive stuff.

jKHYMid.png

yB2CiZA.png

HYJj3bH.png

pwbiKYE.png

Last edited:

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1SbLBqj.jpg

As far as platinums, my Top 10 rarest:
Injustice (PS3) - 0.28%
DOA5 - 0.50%
MK vs DC Universe - 0.52%
Mortal Kombat 9 - 0.59%
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS4) - 0.61%
Street Fighter IV - 0.62%
WWE 2K17 - 0.71%
UFC - 0.73%
Skullgirls 2nd Encore - 0.85%
MLB 13 The Show - 0.89%

Yeah....I like fighting games apparently lol

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
mine rarest would be some adepts from Dead by Daylight

Cenobyte and Nemesis are pretty rare: 0,15 %

Miles Iz Ded

Oct 28, 2017
It's these (in Shadow of Mordor GOTY), by far the toughest 2 cheevos I've ever done. Done in a mad panic when they announced they were shutting down the scoreboard servers. Then they patched the game so you didn't need to get on the scoreboard lol

bIPca8s.png

DPnmDJd.png

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Prey - Platinum - 0.7%
Horizon Chase Turbo - Platinum - 0.7%
DOOM (1993) - Platinum - 0.3%
Just Cause 3 - Platinum - 0.2%
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Platinum - 0.2%

I'm certain there's more but using the PS App is an exercise in frustration.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
My rarest would be:

KillZone 2

Loved every moment of that game both offline and especially online.

I hope there's a remake in the works.