• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is the population of Indonesia?

• 2-10 million

• 10-20 million

• 20-50 million

• 50-100 million

• 100-250 million

• 250+ million

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It has the highest number of muslims of any country in the world.
People think it's a small country but it's not, be it in population or land.

It's 10 times the size of UK in terms of area.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
I thought 230m...

Thank you for sharing Indo-Mie with us. Sorry to Bali for Australians, they can't be fun to deal with.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I went for 250M+, but not that long ago their population was like 240M. It's crazy that they just added over 30M like that over the past decade.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hey my country lol. I always feel for a lot of foreigners Bali still = Indonesia, when in reality you'll probably find it hard to point out the island on Indonesia's map if you don't know where it is already.

Anyway things you shouldn't miss is Indonesian food. Seriously, try to find authentic Indonesian food and you won't regret it :>

With 17,000 islands, how long does the vote results take after national elections?
iirc 3-4 weeks before they declared the winner last election

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Before clicking the thread I estimated 100 million, after seeing the options I knew it would be 250+ million but I stuck to my original estimate. I'm really bad at estimating country populations; I don't even have a clue how many my own country has.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Voted: 100-250 million

Still wrong.

Hilarious to think that Canada (where I am from) has less than 40 million. Like... lol

Indonesian popping in. My favourite Indonesian things are the food, nature, and diverse culture I suppose. Since we're on the topic of Indonesia being surprisingly large, our true total size is also pretty big.

1mvNaxz.png

Indonesia and the US

0ocnDJS.png

Indonesia and Europe

Interesting, that helps contextualize the area a lot. Neat.

Also a good reminder of how "small" various European nations are 😬

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
About 120 million iirc. But it seems like it's quite a bit bigger damn. You generally hear people cite the number when talking about the biggest muslim populations in the world.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Wow, I guessed it was around 80-100 mil for some reason. Absolutely massive and important country that I'm admittedly ignorant of

OP
OP
Chuck

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesian popping in. My favourite Indonesian things are the food, nature, and diverse culture I suppose. Since we're on the topic of Indonesia being surprisingly large, our true total size is also pretty big.

0ocnDJS.png

Indonesia and Europe
This pic of Indonesia over Europe is amazing. Mercator really did a number on those closest to the equator.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I was there in 2018 and still knew it was in the 200mil region but didn't know if it was over 250 or not. I think it's common knowledge that it is the biggest population of muslim majority country, isn't it?

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I thought around 210 million. I knew it was over 200 million and one of the most populated countries. It's definitely one of the more interesting countries. 17,000 islands? That's nuts.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I instinctively said 250m before opening the thread because I think I read that it was the most populated Muslim-majority country in the world with about that many people. That was a few years ago though and I'm sure the pop has grown since then, so I voted 250+.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Voted: 100-250 million

Still wrong.

Hilarious to think that Canada (where I am from) has less than 40 million. Like... lol

Interesting, that helps contextualize the area a lot. Neat.

Also a good reminder of how "small" various European nations are 😬

If you compare just the land mass, Indonesia is actually slightly smaller than Mexico. Canada is huge though haha

I guessed correctly, knew this is one of those 9 digit population countries people forget about (like Pakistan)
Holy shit Pakistan has population of 220 million. This is probably even less known lol.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
As an Australian I knew. Indonesia, East Timor, PNG and NZ are our nearest neighbours. We really should try trading more with them too since China don't like our lobsters anymore lol.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Been there a few times for work before, so I was aware of this.
I legitimately think this is a cool idea for a thread by the way. An opportunity to learn a cool random thing for people who didn't know.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I knew Indonesia was around there, but Japan being that low surprises me.
Bangladesh has a greater population than Japan then.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Yay I got it right!

One of my study friends back in college was from Jakarta. That's when I found out just how massive Indonesia is.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia is huge and beautiful. Each island had something to offer and there's so much more to the country than just Bali.

This is a really good educational series on the history of Indonesia and its many kingdoms.

OP
OP
Chuck

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia is huge and beautiful. Each island had something to offer and there's so much more to the country than just Bali.

This is a really good educational series on the history of Indonesia and its many kingdoms.

This was great, thanks for sharing.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
After entering the thread I figured it would be the highest poll option based on how the question was posed, but before clicking on the thread I guessed it would be around 150 million, so in the spirit of the thread I chose the option that fell into as my response while also figuring it would be wrong

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Gonna guess 600,000,000. Wish me luck.

Edit: i meant 600 million not 600k plz believe me