• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Playstation All Stars.

The PS5 events shows a huge focus on First Party titles, Sony wants to prove their commitment to First Party titles with a strong lineup of both launch games and also some games down the pipeline.

Towards the end they mention their strong support of First Party titles and games, and wants to show their celebration. Thats how they reveal the second one. Do a CG trailer, and meet a lot of the criticism simply by showing someone like Crash.

Have an after stream where you show gameplay and show that its remade, a lot better than the first one that faces the complaints of its predecessor.

my dream game announcement :(

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I can drill it down to just one:

Wipeout - this has always been one of my favourite racing series and I would love to see it make a comeback. The Wipeout Omega Collection was excellent and has only whetted my appetite for more!

Dark Cloud - I had a lot of issues with this series but I would still like Sony & Level 5 to have another crack at it. Especially now Zelda has largely moved on from the overworld/dungeon concept I would like to see Dark Cloud fill that niche.

Alundra - the original is probably my favourite 2D adventure ever, and I was sad that it never got a sequel. Would love to see it come back as a remaster or in HD form, and have someone continue the series. The only trouble is that I don't know who owns the IP.

Colony Wars - c'mon Sony, this makes so much sense for VR that it's outrageous it hasn't happened yet!

Resistance - Sony needs a prominent FPS series and in my opinion this game hit its peak with Resistance 3 but sadly the series ended there. They could certainly find ways to continue the story, and it always had really interesting weapons and fun combat.

Tobli

Oct 30, 2017
I just want a big budget jrpg from Sony.

Dark cloud
Shadow hearts
Legend of legaia
Legend of dragoon

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Well yes that would be great, with better textures, better controls and such.

Yeah. I'd want to see a remaster with a PS5 lick of paint. IS have been tweeting resistance tweets recently. Not sure if this a hint of just tweeting about past games. Most of the replies are people begging for a trilogy remaster. If it's not already being made, I hope they get the hint.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
IS have been tweeting resistance tweets recently. Not sure if this a hint of just tweeting about past games. Most of the replies are people begging for a trilogy remaster. If it's not already being made, I hope they get the hint.

Either that or the PS3 backwards compatibility on PS5 is really happening. 😮

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Souls didn't start with Demon's Souls. It started with Kings Field.

I know this of course... but still the camera perspective and gameplay design started with Demon's Souls. Also, it's a Sony IP appropriate for this thread.

However, I've argued a few times on Era that King's Field should come back as a VR compatible title. That would be interesting. Shame that FromSoftware seems to have stopped further VR efforts after Déraciné.

Kitty Paws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 21, 2019
Folklore - From what I heard this wasn't very successful so we probably won't ever be getting another one but I really enjoyed it and I would love to see the series given another chance.
Twisted Metal - Dang this didn't come to mind until I saw it mentioned in some replies, had tons of fun with it back in the day, great concept.
Legend of Legaia - For old times' sake but I feel the chances of a revival at this time are as low as Folklore's.

Sky

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
UK
Sly Cooper! Perfect franchise to revive following Crash, R&C and Spyro resurgence.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I wasn't the biggest fan at the time, but I think it'd be cool to see SOCOM come back. If we're counting third party then of course Onimusha and Dino Crisis.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jet Moto, TM. Both done so dirty by Sony at the end of the PS1's lifespan. Every shitty TM reboot, even the 'ok' ones like Black, have just utterly missed the entire lighthearted colorful explosive approach that worked so well in 1 and especially 2.

Jet Moto could still be amazing.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Would love a new Jak and Daxter in the vein of the original except with bigger environments and batshit insane graphics.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
If we're talking PS first party games, Ape Escape. And perhaps also WipEout.

If not, Shinobido.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Futuristic SOCOM running on an engine that can do flawless 60fps. Something like this could be huge and can attract streamers to make tons of money for the game. Sony needs a serious multiplayer game.

Arc The Lad.

Alundra.

Wild Arms.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Ape Escape is my top choice but a Jak reboot would be up there. A reimagining MIGHT work but not to the degree that Ratchet PS4 took it where they sucked the life out of everything that made the original so charming.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Sony have so many IPs, they could have a really varied line up of different genres, from racers to shooters and platformers to action games. But most of all I'd love to see MotorStorm come back, Sony could hire Codemasters to develop a sequel for them.

Not sure who could make a Jak and Daxter game, but I'll take one of those too.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
100% Ape Escape. It's one of the best platformer franchises and I can't believe Sony killed it like they did.

Ape Escape 2 was published by Ubisoft in NA. A game made by Sony Japan Studio. What the fuck?

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Legend of Legaia needs to make a comeback

cauaum8m