• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
The floor of a coach. Many years ago I took a college coach trip from the UK to Prague, it took something daft like 30 hours. I gave up trying to sleep squashed into the seat so I stretched out on the floor.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Pearl Jam concert. Hadn't slept in like 30 hours, passed out at the show.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
My senior year in university, I lived with a couple guys but had the office as my room. It had no doors, so I just strung up a curtain. One night one roommate was watching a movie in the living room, and the tv was really loud. I ended up just going to the downstairs parking garage, put down the back seat, and slept in the trunk.

Oct 26, 2017
I've slept behind an arcade cabinet on a super thin sleeping roll while others were playing Guitar Freaks all night. Those gaming weekend trips during university were kind of crazy.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I was on deployment on Navy ships, so there are many weird places I've slept. I've slept on a pile of jackets on the floor, tucked away behind equipment racks, up in air ducts, all sorts of odd places.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Journey concert in San Francisco. I got a free ticket from a DJ friend, wasn't really familiar with Journey, and hadn't slept in two days. Some dude kept waking me up "DUDE IT'S JOURNEY WTF!!?"

I think it was either right before the filipino replacement singer. Probably the late 90s or very early oughts.

I've considered trying to sleep on the floor of airplane bathrooms on redeye international flights. I've also considered climbing up into the quite spacious overhead bins or the floor of a three row seat. I have not acted on these urges but the consideration is STRONG. My daughter has slept on the latter a few times with little cots made from coats and bags. I've been jealous.

Bathtub is such a common house party/overbooked hotel bed I'm not gonna list it.

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
Pizza place (restaurant? take-away/take-out). It was late, I was drunk, tired and the pizza took a while to cook.

I bought it, walked a mile home, took it to my room and never even finished it. It was a greasy mess that nearly soaked through the cardboard when I woke up the next day.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
When I was 4 we were picknicking on a meadow and I fell asleep on a sheep. It was comfy and the sheep didnt mind.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
Take your pick:

When I was REALLY young, I'm talking like 2 or 3, I fell asleep getting out of a chair. One foot on the floor, one foot on one of the legs of a chair, and my head on the seat.

When I was in high school, I slept sideways in a wooden rocking chair. I had my legs over one of the arms of the chair, and my head resting on the other arm. A really bad story around that one, but the sleeping position at least fits the topic question.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
My company's CEO's couch, spending the night at work. His couch was the most comfortable thing i could find.

He never knew.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
During a Sonic Youth concert.

I was 16 and had no idea who they were at the time. My friend had an extra ticket for their Thousand Leaves tour, so I went.

Ended up being a big fan later on.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
The back of a Subaru Outback in the driveway of my client's house. I had just gotten home when I realized that I still had the keys to the company van, so despite it being minutes away from midnight, I had to hop back into my car, drive the 60 miles back to the house and return them. Not wanting to clock an extra hundred or so miles on my car, I said, "Fuck it," and camped out for the night.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
The passenger seat of a 5-ton work truck. Regular cab, so no ability to recline the seat. Working out of town and the accommodations management put together didn't work out. That was a really shitty work trip.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL one more. We once flew to the Cook Islands north of New Zealand, little tropical motus and a couple of little mountains, but jungly, beachy, but remote as heck. The biggest one is Rarotonga, which is pretty developed with hotels and resorts relative to the others, and we had a long layover there on the way to another Island, Aitutaki (one store, no resorts etc). It was six hours, arriving about 1am. We planned it all out and decided to just stay in the airport till morning.

It's very popular with Kiwis and Aussies, which probably short circuited my thinking process.

As we landed, the airport staff turned out the lights, closing the airport, effectively, but told us it was fine

So yeah, that airport was one thatched roof, but the walls open to the jungle and the most terrifying and numerous stray dogs* I've ever seen anywhere, and I've been everywhere. Luckily the dogs mostly stayed away because they were bothered by the never ending procession of ever more horrifying flying, slithering and crawling jungle bugs, rats and bats.

*As aggressive and scary sounding as the dogs were ALL NIGHT as the scampered or ran around in the shadows, in daylight they're almost hilariously disappointing - all seemingly related - imagine a scabby but fat labrador with tiny short legs. All outlandishly friendly too, but too greasy and mangy for petting. They eat sea cucumbers and trash. The locals are oblvious to them. There's poop everywhere. And the island we were going to, Aitiutaki, actually has a ban on all dogs, so there are zero. Might be protecting wildlife/birds.

I am super glad I went, but it's dead last on "places to return to." And the sandflies and mosquitoes on Aitutaki were the worst I have ever encountered, but allegedly that's seasonal and dependent on spraying schedules too.

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
On park bench in Asakusa close to the river. Why? Because I had one night I didn't have a room in a dorm and didn't want to spend money on a hotell since then I couldn't afford a PSP (it was released in Japan a few months before here in Sweden) and at the morning I spent my morning on the Ginza line. At every end station the conductor had to wake me up. I didn't want to sleep in the subway but I missed my stop everytime.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I snuck out to go to a friend's house and halfway there I got really tired and slept on the sidewalk.

Someone stole my watch lol.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I once slept in a barn in a small area between a wall and a desk.

It was a carnival and my parents had a booth down there. I was helping them out, but I got very tired and it was the only spot I was out of sight from everyone and wouldn't be seen.

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017
Ten feet from train tracks. By accident, as we got into the campsite (one of those ones where multiple spots are all set up, it wasn't some random spot in the woods or anything) when it was dark and didn't see them. It was a bit of a surprise to the people who were with me to say the least. I slept straight through when the train went by.

I still have no idea why someone thought it would be a good idea to have a campsite right next to train tracks.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Haneda Airport in Tokyo when I left my ticket for a flight there at home in California. Couldn't do anything until the next morning.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
The bow of a boat. Most uncomfortable night of my life. Was cold too and I had this shitty little blanket. By the time I was finally exhausted enough to fall asleep - fucking sunrise.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Outside of a train station.

I was waiting to catch a flight, but I had no money, so I went to buy a train ticket, but it was closed for like the next 4 hours, and it was also in fucking Rome so that was fun.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
One of those outdoor indoor hallways in an apartment building in Atlanta. Was staying with a buddy and had just gotten back from hanging out with some era members. He gave me a key to his apartment, but that key only opened the top lock... not the bottom one. So I got locked out of his apartment and after 30 minutes of calling, texting, and banging, I wrapped my hands around my bag (which had my wiiu and games in it) and fell asleep in the alcove by his door.

Burpelson

Oct 25, 2017
On top of the pallet racking in work. Climbed up there for a kip once on a late shift when our trucks were delayed.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
During a Sonic Youth concert.

I was 16 and had no idea who they were at the time. My friend had an extra ticket for their Thousand Leaves tour, so I went.

Ended up being a big fan later on.
Hey, I saw them on that tour. Cincinnati. I didn't fall asleep though.

I did, however, pass out at a De La Soul show in Columbus because I drank too much on the way to said show. I was only out for like 30 minutes so not so bad but yeah, missed most of the set.