• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 16, 2017
Is there anything that would be worse than being implanted by a face hugger?

The facehugger is a parasitoid; its only purpose is to make contact with the host's mouth for the implantation process by gripping its legs around the victim's head and wrapping its tail around the host's neck. Upon making contact, the facehugger administers a cynose-based paralytic in order to render it unconscious and immobile.[34][1] During a successful attachment, the facehugger will insert a proboscis down the host's throat while simultaneously implanting an embryo. The host is kept alive, and the creature breathes for the host.[11] Attempts to remove facehuggers generally prove fatal to the host,[3] as the parasitoid will respond by tightening its tail around the host's neck, and its acidic blood prevents it from being cut away. In addition, its grip on the host's head is strong enough to tear the host's face off if it is forcibly removed.[11]
Once the Alien embryo is implanted, the facehugger will remain attached until the implant is secure, which can take anywhere from less than a minute to 16 hours. Once this happens, the parasite detaches, crawls away, and dies.[1] The victim awakens with no awareness of the implantation, believing themselves to have been asleep, and appears to have a normal, healthy bodily function.

Over the course of one to 24 hours—indeterminable in some cases, and sometimes up to a week, in the case of some queens—the embryo develops into a chestburster, at which point, it emerges, violently and fatally ripping open the chest of the host.

There cannot be anything as horrifying as this.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
That thing in a Saw sequel that slowly twists all of your limbs one at a time until they snap, then does the same to your neck. Yuck city. Slow and brutal.

Or from Megan is Missing

Buried alive after being sealed inside a barrel with the decomposing body of your murdered best friend

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Watching your brother get beaten to death with baseball bats in a cornfield knowing full well he's getting it easy.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That poor fellow from Robocop that got bathed on acids and then run over.
Scared me as a kid.

tenor.gif

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure being skinned alive is the zenith.
Either that or Vogon Poetry.

Oct 30, 2017
How about never being able to die?

Then Benny's mouth began to drool, and he flung himself on Gorrister …

In that instant, I felt terribly calm.

Surrounded by madness, surrounded by hunger, surrounded by everything but death, I knew death was our only way out. AM had kept us alive, but there was a way to defeat him. Not total defeat, but at least peace. I would settle for that.

I had to do it quickly. Benny was eating Gorrister's face. Gorrister on his side, thrashing snow, Benny wrapped around him with powerful monkey legs crushing Gorrister's waist, his hands locked around Gorrister's head like a nutcracker, and his mouth ripping at the tender skin of Gorrister's cheek. Gorrister screamed with such jagged-edged violence that stalactites fell; they plunged down softly, erect in the receiving snowdrifts. Spears, hundreds of them, everywhere, protruding from the snow. Benny's head pulled back sharply, as something gave all at once, and a bleeding raw-white dripping of flesh hung from his teeth.

Ellen's face, black against the white snow, dominoes in chalk dust. Nimdok, with no expression but eyes, all eyes. Gorrister, half-conscious. Benny, now an animal. I knew AM would let him play. Gorrister would not die, but Benny would fill his stomach. I turned half to my right and drew a huge ice-spear from the snow.

All in an instant:

I drove the great ice-point ahead of me like a battering ram, braced against my right thigh. It struck Benny on the right side, just under the rib cage, and drove upward through his stomach and broke inside him. He pitched forward and lay still. Gorrister lay on his back. I pulled another spear free and straddled him, still moving, driving the spear straight down through his throat. His eyes closed as the cold penetrated. Ellen must have realized what I had decided, even as fear gripped her. She ran at Nimdok with a short icicle, as he screamed, and into his mouth, and the force of her rush did the job. His head jerked sharply as if it had been nailed to the snow crust behind him.

All in an instant

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
from starvation or tied up eaten alive by small insects seems very slow and painful

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
on a more realistic note, being trapped in a lower deck compartment, alone, on a sinking ship in the middle of the North Atlantic ocean.

Oct 27, 2017
The scene in one of the Wrong Turn movies where the inbred mutants remove a dude's kidney's and other organs and eat them in front of him.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Jason X stuffing that dudes face into the cryo chamber, freezing it, and smashing it to a million pieces on the counter.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Being eaten alive by a swarm of cockroaches, including in your mouth and downwards is up there. Likely not even the worst I've read, but it came to mind as something worse than being chest-bustered.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there's worse, but the way they killed Blackbeard in Black Sails was pretty brutal.

Keelhauling it's called.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
I don't always cite anime, but something that's stuck with me since watching Bleach would be how Mayuri kills one of the espada by slowing down time relative to the enemy. A second passes in real time as Mayuri drives his sword into the espada's heart, but it feels like decades to the enemy as he waits for the sword to finally kill him.

Link: https://youtu.be/GzCQqyR6G48

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Man o man, so many gnarly deaths in ASOIAF/GoT. Viserys had a bad one, and I can't imagine how bad it would suck to have a rat clawing at your stomach trying to avoid a hot surface.

Oh yeah, you could probably do a top 10 just from the books/show, but dying by having your eyes gouged out and your head crushed in, by the man who raped and then murdered your sister in the same exact way... it wasn't just brutal in terms of the violence, but the utter humiliation, and in front of all your sworn enemies to boot.

It's just horrific on every single level in ways that few other deaths, if any, can really compare imo.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Scaphism isn't fictional but it's absolutely horrifying.

It's so incredibly horrific.

Yeah my pick for worse fiction. Essentially hell with the devil tormenting one individual as much as he can.

I don't always cite anime, but something that's stuck with me since watching Bleach would be how Mayuri kills one of the espada by slowing down time relative to the enemy. A second passes in real time as Mayuri drives his sword into the espada's heart, but it feels like decades to the enemy as he waits for the sword to finally kill him.

Link: https://youtu.be/GzCQqyR6G48

This also came to mind. Anything for a prolonged period of time is horrific. Like Kars I'm sure he lost his mind and stopped thinking long before being killed.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Drowning.

Simple death, and most movies do a shitty job at showing how awful it really is (most are like you're dead from having your head in the water for 10 seconds), but the few that do it well... *shudder*

Drowning scene in The Abyss with Bud and Lindsey always sticks with me.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A video that traumatized me for life was the one about a chinese mall and those mechanical stairs?

It was absolutely horrifying.