• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is the most delicious sandwich

• Hot dog

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Hamburger

Votes: 127 32.2%
  • PB & J

Votes: 16 4.1%
  • PB & Honey

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Pizza Sandwich

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • What even are these poll options? (other, please specify)

Votes: 206 52.2%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it has pickles

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
4l1E4TB.jpg

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I usually make it as a baguette but works equally as well in a sandwich - bacon, stilton, avocado and fried onion. Is like my heaven, never fails.

Marin-Lune

Oct 27, 2017
Could this poll be any more American lol

My choices:

- balık ekmek

images

- any ham and cheese sandwich/bocadillo

images

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
This question is impossible to answer, but any list is incomplete without:
-Catfish Po Boy
-Ruben
-Avocado Turkey Club
-Cubano

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Could this poll be any more American lol

My choices:

- balık ekmek

images

- any ham and cheese sandwich/bocadillo

images
It would be a lot more American if it included sandwiches that are popular in America. This is a joke thread for the most part. The only really popular items on this list aren't even sandwiches.

Oct 27, 2017
There are lots of good sandwiches - cubanos, bisteccas, pastrami, fried chicken, etc. Given the poll options I'm surprised no one's trotted out something like ice cream sandwiches.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to Philly in a few weeks

Any recommendations for delis with good ass sammiches? already got a cheesesteak route planned but also would like to try other stuff if I can fit it in

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
When I was a kid, I went on a geography field trip. My geography teacher told me that the best drug in the world is a cheese and pickle roll whilst watching the sunrise.

Not sure about the drug part, but a crusty roll, with mature English Cheddar and Branston pickle is a damn good sandwich.

Add in some ham as well, and that's my No. 1 sandwich too.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
also yea can we talk about that poll

2 peanut butter based options, pizza, and a hot dog, my friend...?

not great

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever's not a smörgåstårta.

I hope this calamity only exists in Sweden for I wish others not to suffer this heinous damp bland mystery goop sandwich porridge.
I don't know what possessed someone to first slab a bunch of random slop and stuff inbetween and on top of slices of bread in this fashion.
I can only imagine they were serving their mortal enemy, in the hopes that they would succumb from the terrible creation that was laid bare in front of them.

What's normally good about a sandwich is that you order or make it exactly how you like it.
This is a communal sandwich cake, where someone else ruins the fuck out of the supposed sandwich by squelching random ingredients and substances onto it, making it an inedible mash of moist mushy mystery and often sea insects. It spits on the very concept of a sandwich. I hate it truly.

Possibly the worst thing is how everyone seems to expect everyone to like this abomination against the senses and all that is decent.
And then you have to sit there and act like you're not having these feelings of disgust occupying your mind, body and soul, and just hope that you won't gag.

I don't like it and I don't understand it. Please stop. Kill these things. Kill smörgåstårtor.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
A couple of my favorites that can easily be made at home.

Pimento Cheese sandwich: Good by itself or with meat (ham or chicken), fresh or grilled.
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__recipes__images__2012__04__20120416-127677-Sandwiched-Pimento-Cheese-Grilled-PRIMARY-e9fc54b1f0d04f9ab5cc531f8372f9b9.jpg

Deviled Ham Sandwich: Nice simple sandwich that's good with anything you throw at it.
recipe-deviledhamsandwich-1.jpg

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
The pastrami on rye at Katz's in Brooklyn is the best sandwich I've ever had. Po boys and italian hoagies round out the top three, and would prefer either of those over most pastrami sandwiches.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I worked at a local deli for 5 years and I would eat a turkey berry sandwhich like 3 out of the 5 days worked during the week. I miss that, they closed shop 8 years ago now.

timrtabor123

Feb 11, 2019
Non-specific Top 5:
1) Reuben/Pastrami
2) Italian Sub
3) Burger/Patty Melt/Chopped Cheese
4) Bah Mi
5) Cubano

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Whatever's not a smörgåstårta.

I hope this calamity only exists in Sweden for I wish others not to suffer this heinous damp bland mystery goop sandwich porridge.
I don't know what possessed someone to first slab a bunch of random slop and stuff inbetween and on top of slices of bread in this fashion.
I can only imagine they were serving their mortal enemy, in the hopes that they would succumb from the terrible creation that was laid bare in front of them.

What's normally good about a sandwich is that you order or make it exactly how you like it.
This is a communal sandwich cake, where someone else ruins the fuck out of the supposed sandwich by squelching random ingredients and substances onto it, making it an inedible mash of moist mushy mystery and often sea insects. It spits on the very concept of a sandwich. I hate it truly.

Possibly the worst thing is how everyone seems to expect everyone to like this abomination against the senses and all that is decent.
And then you have to sit there and act like you're not having these feelings of disgust occupying your mind, body and soul, and just hope that you won't gag.

I don't like it and I don't understand it. Please stop. Kill these things. Kill smörgåstårtor.

What the heck is a "smörgåstårta"?
*Googles*
Mother of God...

1920px-00_Sm%C3%B6rg%C3%A5st%C3%A5rta.jpg

1280px-Voileip%C3%A4kakku.jpg

Wikipedia said:
Smörgåstårta (Swedish: smörgåstårta, "sandwich cake" or "sandwich torte") is a dish of Swedish origin popular in Sweden, Estonia (called "võileivatort"), Finland (called "voileipäkakku") and Iceland (called "brauðterta" [ˈprœiːðˌtʰɛr̥ta]). It is a savoury cake that is similar to a sandwich, but with large amounts of filling and garnish, similar to a layered cream cake.

A smörgåstårta is normally made up of several layers of white or light rye bread with creamy fillings in between. The fillings and toppings vary, but egg and mayonnaise are often the base; additional filling may vary greatly but often include one or more of the following: liver pâté, olives, shrimp, ham, various cold cuts, caviar, tomato, cucumber, grapes, lemon slices, cheese, and smoked salmon.

Smörgåstårta is served cold and cut like a dessert cake. The types of sandwich cakes vary from meat, fish, combinations of cheeses and meats, to vegan. The top garnish often reflects the ingredients used as a filling. In Finland, voileipäkakku [fi] is a standard dish at family gatherings such as birthday parties, weddings, or funerals.

Looks and sounds like something that would be served with a jello salad in the 50's.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Chicken sandwich. I don't care if it's breaded or grilled, both are good.

Or a Reuben, or a Cubano, or a...I don't know, a Monte Cristo? There are so many better options than burgers, imo.

If I interpret "pizza sandwich" to mean simply a slice of pizza folded over on itself, then that's good too.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Definitely a burger. The kind of burger that's piled high with toppings, whose flavors and textures work harmoniously together to create something ridiculously decadent.

That, or a French dip. Just some good bread, leftover prime rib sliced nice and thin, some caramelized onions, and some nice savory beef jus.