• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gfdias

Dec 28, 2017
Sonic Adventure Mystic Ruins comes to mind, the sounds, colours and music...

latest

Ninge

ID@Xbox Developer Partner Manager
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
How is this thread not just wall-to-wall Stardew Valley pics?

Deleted member 69573

User requested account closure
Banned
May 17, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
For interior, there's this cute little cabin located right outside Stormwind. I can't find pictures at the moment, but I liked that one.

Also, I've always loved RO towns.

PAYON:
maxresdefault.jpg

GONRYUN:
maxresdefault.jpg

1200px-RO_Izlude.jpg

Ooo yes! Most of the RO towns definitely qualify.

All the towns (and most of the fields for that matter) in Fantasy Life. I don't think I ever got a horse because I used to just enjoy running around in the world, soaking in the chill ambience.

hni_0050.jpg

flife_pt4_02_thumb.jpg

NhwEX.jpg

I agree with Leblanc from P5, but I prefer just outside. Seeing the changing seasons in a really cosy Japanese side street is really nice.

f333ea82-87ca-4ec7-af1c-d0a0ffbe4b53-etzmjcpxsaakau5.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Sandover Village in Jak 1
Drake's house in Uncharted 4
Great Inagua in AC4 Black Flag
Sanctuary in Borderlands 2
Horseshoe Overlook in RDR2

Off the top of my head

OP
OP
Kresnik

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Another one - I'd love to go to school at Thors & have a dorm in Trista from Trails of Cold Steel

Trails_of_Cold_Steel_PC_Screenshot_%2827%29.png

Ymir is also lovely.

Very good shout. Trista was lovely, especially since you see it at all different times of day.

I'll cheat by going with a VR game.

moss.5-1.jpg

I don't know if it's the absolute cosiest, but it's one that comes to mind.

Not cheating, and that looks lovely!

Really surprised no one said this yet.

main-qimg-c3463a2c98be6e1fb0b7ea87c5ca98e2

I think it might be because I desperately wanted to live in a world with net navi's as a kid.

resizedimage640426-battle-network-2-lan-room.png

So where are these places and what games are they from, for someone who doesn't recognise them?

Also thanks for the contributions everyone, really enjoying reading about all of these places!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So where are these places and what games are they from, for someone who doesn't recognise them?

Also thanks for the contributions everyone, really enjoying reading about all of these places!

The first and third are the Hazuki residence from Shenmue (this is the first time I've seen an aerial view of it, looks even cosier than I thought) while the second is Isle Delfino from Mario Sunshine and the fourth is Lan's house from Mega Man Battle Network.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
So many great suggestions in here. For me it's usually the starting towns/environments in JRPGs that are always so comforting, and the music plays a huge role in that too. I would also say there's an element of nostalgia as well
One of my all time favorites, I can just hear "peaceful days" from this image alone.

Basically all of Shenmue

maxresdefault.jpg
Yes! I've posted this many times before but it suits this thread well:

OP
OP
Kresnik

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
The first and third are the Hazuki residence from Shenmue (this is the first time I've seen an aerial view of it, looks even cosier than I thought) while the second is Isle Delfino from Mario Sunshine and the fourth is Lan's house from Mega Man Battle Network.

Thank you! I kinda guessed at the last one based on the little picture in the top left but wasn't certain, the others I was completely stumped on. Appreciate the response!

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
One of the coziest places I've visited in a game is the Smoldering Corpse Bar from Planescape: Torment.

latest

Now, it doesn't look like the most inviting place, and the bar mascot is a man cursed to burn for all eternity, displayed for the amusement of the patrons. BUT! Don't let that fool you! It's an incredibly cozy place for you to relax and learn about the city of Sigil and the many Planes of Existence.

91271436e60cf2b5e8cda0ef7668f142.jpg

Maybe recruit a party member or two while you're there and also have a conversation with the physical embodiment of the letter O. So pour a glass of your favorite drink, get ready for some revelations about the structure of the multiverse, and let the soothing atmosphere wash over you.

*Note this song must be modded in for maximum coziness

Fantastic post. I need to visit again soon.

And damn, the original song is already cozy, but man the alternate one just makes me want to bring out the whiskey and lay back.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I think it might be because I desperately wanted to live in a world with net navi's as a kid.

resizedimage640426-battle-network-2-lan-room.png

I can't believe someone stole my answer and I'm so happy about it! :D

I could name alot of other places from Legend of Mana, Final Fantasy IX, XIV, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and Back to Nature, Lineage II, Trails of Cold Steel, Aion etc etc but I think I'll add something that nobody else might mention, your home in Megaman Starforce:

b4I1EUu.png

PNGC023.jpg

Together with the music:

OGlol

Jun 4, 2018
Very good shout. Trista was lovely, especially since you see it at all different times of day.

Not cheating, and that looks lovely!

Sorry! Isle Deflino from Super Mario Sunshine!

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of different things come to mind for me when I think of this.

Like, for instance, Lumina, from Legend of Mana:
12-007qajwe.png

Something about the way the town is lit by lamplight and the general atmosphere just always felt super-cozy to me.

Then, there's Fortree City in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald:

maxresdefaultyzjmz.jpg

Not sure what exactly makes that feel cozy to me, but it just is for whatever reason.

Another good one that's more recent is the inside of the Snow Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey:
smo3230zjaq.png

Something about the use of colors and lighting just gives it a very warm and inviting feeling despite the snow, and just looks wonderful.

And of course, lots of other snow-themed levels have a similar feeling. Like for instance Frosty Village from Diddy Kong Racing:
maxresdefaultehkf0.jpg

Something about those houses in the background just always seemed like they'd be super-duper-cozy, though you never get to look inside so no way of knowing for sure, but they definitely have that feel.

Similarly, there's also like Christmas Town and in particular Santa's House in Kingdom Hearts II:
maxresdefaultqgjyd.jpg

maxresdefaultukjr9.jpg

They definitely have that same cozy feeling for me.

The same can also be said for the room where Yata is in in the Snowpeak Ruins in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:
hqdefaultzakyn.jpg

Despite the room being in very clear disrepair, as the rest of the manor, it still gives off a very comfy and inviting feeling for sure.

And for something completely different to close this off, the level Horn Top Hop from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze also comes to mind:
maxresdefaultdijc4.jpg

All the warm autumn colors everywhere are super-cozy for sure.