• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
It's cabbage.

Growing up I hated it because my exposure was corned beef and cabbage and slaw (I'm not against slaw but sweet slaw with heavy mayo is disgusting).

Since that childhood trauma I've had cabbage as the key ingredient in so many amazing dishes it's crazy to think I used to hate it. There's a Polish place nearby that serves excellent stuffed cabbage. Reubens are 25% cabbage. Stir fried cabbage is great with mushrooms. Slaw is great when made properly. I made okonomiyaki the other day and it was incredible. Kimchi is okay as well.

You don't have to agree. Being wrong is a part of the human experience.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Potato and onion for sure, but I think they should be exempt from this. Potato doesn't really have any of the health benefits most vegetables have, and onion is used in like... all of the food as a "seasoning", but rarely in itself.

OP
OP
Dali

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Potato and onion for sure, but I think they should be exempt from this. Potato doesn't really have any of the health benefits most vegetables have, and onion is used in like... all of the food as a "seasoning", but rarely in itself.
I agree but if people think eating variations on onions everyday is something they'd find palatable then I'm not one to judge.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'd say onions, yeah. Even if it's mostly as a "taste enhancer," it's a taste enhancer for just about anything. And honestly, I'll generally eat a half-ring or two when I'm chopping one, and they're always the choicest part of a salad, so they stand up fine on their own.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Potatoes.

Salad. Gratin. Mashed. Hash browns. Home Fries. Chips.
It's a main dish, it's a side, it's a salad.

Sure, onion is versatile in the way that it can be part of practically every savoury meal.
But ain't nobody eating an onion by itself.

Meanwhile, this is an actual meal in and of itself.
instant-pot-baked-potatoes-8-1200.jpg

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Spinach. Eat it raw, fry it with garlic and shallots, cream it, you can do anything with it and it'll still taste great.

anamika

May 18, 2018
Carrots. We can make a vegetable dish or dessert of out it. We can eat it uncooked. And it's full of healthy nutrients.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Best I don't know, but versatile? Corn. That shit is in everything. They make fuel out it it.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
While I am one of those people who considers potatoes less of a vegetable and more of a starch..............yeah, it's potatoes.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Wut? Potatoes are plenty "healthy" whatever that means especially if consumed with the skin.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Idk how you can say onions when there is little variation to it. It might go with a lot, but the prep is similar.

Potatoes on the other hand have a ton of variation. Mash, hashbrown, homefries, french fry, scallop, baked, perogie, chips, vodka, etc.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Like others have said, Potatoes are easy to grow and simple to cook. The only downside is that they aren't good raw.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, tomatoes are way more important to me than potatoes or onions. Can't live without ketchup, pizza, or pasta sauce. Those are essential to me haha. I haven't had potatoes in forever (they are terrible for you) and onions are cool for seasoning but I don't really need them honestly.