• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Mine are the following:

- Midir with pestilent mist
- Taurus Demons using only diving lunge
- Sword Saint Ishiin using hitting and running away tactics
- Demon of Hatred using that glitch that makes him fall off a cliff
- Killing that Tree in FFIX with phoenix down
- Evrae Altana with phoenix down

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Destiny Raid boss in Vault of Glass falling off a cliff.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
In Outer Worlds, the last boss glitched and got stuck in a crate, so I just bashed it with a hammer.

In Assassin's Creed 3, one of the general just froze.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty

I had to cheese the Defiled Chalice Dungeon Amygdala in Bloodborne, by using the Bowblade and running in circles around the arena for around 15 minutes. To this day, it is the only From Soft boss I haven't beat "legit".

Last edited:

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe not a boss, but I threw a smoke bomb and went pas the final encounter in Watch Dogs 2

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Not actually killing the boss.

Had a Legendary run of Halo 2 end by an Elite just straight up running into Tartarus and meleeing him to death. Not with a Sword either, a Plasma Rifle melee tap.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
_Yojimbo on Dark Aeons in FFX, but I don't regret using that. Back then Internet was expensive so I couldn't look for a guide to unlocking all ultimate weapons nor had the patience to max stats.

_In Dungeons of Dredmore I create a wall a wall to shield myself from final boss, and a special ability(a cry i think) against which Dredomre is helpless(magebuild+viking)
__Traps in Baldur'sGate 2
_Drowning Onikage in Tenchu
Using missiles on Sniper wolf in Metal Gear.

But is it lame? If things work they work^^

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Glitching behind the rock to kill Master Gee in Borderlands 2 -_-

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
In Resident Evil and its remake, I have killed Plant 42 as Jill by walking into the boss room. Under certain circumstances, you'll get a cutscene where Jill is grabbed by a tentacle and Barry shows up with a flamethrower, and he just... kills it for you.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
In Bloodstained, the stained glass boss didn't attack me when I jumped to the upper platform (It'll usually try to knock you off). I had a diagonal spell and I was afraid of moving lest its broken script got fixed, so I just kept shooting at it while waiting some time for my mana to recharge. Took like 5x longer than that fight would usually take but it was my first time lol.

Oct 27, 2017
The Riven cheese in the Last Wish raid in Destiny 2. It's one of the top 2-3 encounters in Destiny raids overall when done as intended/legit. There must be a technical hurdle to why it was never patched and I wish it was as folks are cheating themselves out of a great experience if they never do it legit.

Nov 1, 2017
So there's this guy, he looks kinda like me, but shadowy You know? And everything I do, he does.

Out of options, I just took a knee. Turns out, he doesn't do too good when I stab him in the knees until he dies.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Using the infinite weapon guns on Resident Evil games is always hilariously short.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Gaiden NES

final boss I sat in the corner "out of the screen" and 100% cheesed it to death

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
For the first fight with the Marauder in Doom Eternal, I locked on to him with the Rocket Launcher's triple shot and fired blindly when he was at the very edge of my range of sight.

He pretty much vanished and I got kinda confused for a second, before realizing that the homing rockets caught him mid-attack and instantly killed him while I wasn't even looking.

Nov 4, 2017

I had to cheese the Defiled Chalice Dungeon Amygdala in Bloodborne, by using the Bowblade and running in circles around the arena for around 15 minutes. To this day, it is the only afrom Soft boss I haven't beat "legit".

I did a similar strategy but with Ludwig's in long form. Took ages, but I think running circles around cursed Amygdala is legit. It takes a lot of patience and timing.

I cheesed Capra and Saif for fun on a Dark Souls playthrough. Oh and that FFVII boss you can kill my casting Life on it.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this was ever patched but I cheesed O'Rin in Sekiro by repeatedly leading her to the edge of the battlefield until she turned around and started walking away.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember his name, but the first boss in Bloodborne I basically danced around this group of grave stones and he would try to hit me across them and miss, but I'd smack him around. Literally just kept moving around in a circle lol.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I cheesed the Demon of Hatred as well using Tyrannicon's cheesy strat. #noragratz

I also defeated the Twin Dragon boss at the winding tower in Bloodstained by basically spamming attacks on one of the dragon's butt. I was able to do this because I clipped through the level and had to walk "upwards" to the boss after one of their desperation attacks.

Also for Bloodstained, I farmed the crafting materials for the most powerful weapon in the game. It basically breaks the game since it does so much damage and has a spherical attack pattern which makes it easy to hit basically anything.

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
I dragged a turret down an elevator and pointed it at the boss.

I had an entire hack/stealth build and I had chosen to the get operation and my augments were all disabled.

Spotless Mind

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Fog gate exploit of Maneater in Demon's Souls. I wouldn't do this now, but my first run of Demon's Souls i sucked so much that i became desperate.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
First time through Dark Souls, the Taurus Demon in the Undead Burg backflipped off the bridge. I thought I had triggered some kind of special kill, but no, just a glitch/unintended behavior.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Oh there are too many.

Doom (original): Save-scumming (though that applies to whole game, not just bosses) on Ultra-Violence-difficulty
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - Heal glitch on final boss
Final Fantasy VI - Vanish/Doom on multiple bosses
Final Fantasy VII - HP Absorb-Knights of the Round and Counter-Mime on Ruby/Emerald WEAPON
Final Fantasy X - Yojimbo's Zanmato on many bosses
Demon's Souls - Poison Cloud on Flamelurker/Poison Arrows on False King/Arrows through fog gate on Maneater
Dark Souls - Hiding behind statues to break big Ornstein's AI and shooting projectiles from far away on my SL1 run / Shooting Manus with bow through fog gate / Killing Capra Demon by throwing Firebombs from other side above the fog gate
Sekiro - Skipping real Corrupted Monk's first two phases with instant deathblows / Making Demon of Hatred fall off the cliff / Get ghost woman miniboss stuck behind the rock (before first Corrupted Monk)
Mega Man - Select-glitch to destroy most bosses

And many others.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever fought FFVII's Gi Nattak legitimately....ever. Phoenix down instant KO for days. And I've never fought Dark Soul's Ceaseless Discharge fairly since I first learned about making him fall.

Shade Vortex

Oct 28, 2017
USA, WA.
Probably chucking remote bombs at the giant Hinox from on top of a cliff after getting it stuck trying to climb up to me. Worth it, since I hate having all my equipment taken away from me.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Poisoned the Grand Cathedral hunter in Bloodborne. Not a real boss but might as well could be as this guy has insane damage and speed if you fight him legit.