• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Sekiro and Bloodborne. If i had to pick one it's Sekiro

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to sound like some Seikro pro cause it's literally the only game I'm better than average at but parry in that feels kinda scrubby

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I was gonna say Sekiro but it's Bloodborne. In Sekiro its just too common and doesn't require a lot of skill to be as satisfying as Bloodborne.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Does BOTW's shield parry qualify? Because I love launching a laser right back at a Guardian.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Sekiro ofc. And it makes sense considering it's a major part of the combat, they had to nail it. Stringing perfect parries is just so satisfying.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Does anyone have a good Royal Guard gif?

There are others but the framerate on most are shit, this is the first I could find with good quality.

6gCGKPA.gif

What people won't get from this gif is that each perfect parry is the sound of an explosion.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Bloodborne no 1 for me, felt very rewarding.

Sekiro was very good too, its just that you were doing it far more often, so didn't feel as special to me.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Sekiro and some fighting games.

I hope the next FROM game keeps the same parry style as Sekiro, or at least a system thas is as precise, both the Souls games and Bloodborne have an imprecise and awkard style of parry that makes it feel simply wrong.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Doing parrys in Metal Gear Rising always felt really satisfying.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
I can only hear the 3rd Strike parry sound in my head reading the topic title so I guess it's that!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you just push the stick toward the enemy and press the attack button at the same time?

A lot of the enemies aren't exactly easy to counter, and some counter right back, and some even have moves you can't counter and have to escape from.

It's just the right difficulty.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Sekiro is the parry game so, the whole game is centered around the ability to parry well.

Bloodborne's parry is very satisfying to land as well and is incredibly loud sounding.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Bayonetta
Sekiro
Metal Gear Rising
Devil May Cry (a special nod to 5 because that sounds effect is NOICE)
Third Strike
The Wonderful 101

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
Sekiro for me. Once you start to get the hang of it, game just transforms into something else.
MGR Revengence was pretty cool, but you could just spam the command so it wasn't that satisfying.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Sekiro for me. Once you start to get the hang of it, game just transforms into something else.
MGR Revengence was pretty cool, but you could just spam the command so it wasn't that satisfying.
The regular parry is just a block, but you can also do a perfect parry where Raiden takes a different stance and counterattacks.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bloodborne's parry is definitely fun to pull off, but having just a single animation for the riposte loses it a few points in my eyes. The Souls games take the edge here, with the straight sword riposte being particularly satisfying.

Chamber blocking in Mount and Blade is god-tier.

Ooh, this is a good one.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Assassins Creed 2

Edit: Scratch that, parrying a Guardians shot in Breath of the Wild is satisfying every time.

Not really a parry, but the Turok (360/PS3) knife kills are still the best melee kills. Maybe followed by DOOM (2016).

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
DMC royal guard. The gauge opens the door to a number of fun setups, including the potential for immediate satisfaction.

I'm still looking for a game which offers *manual* secondary button parrying on attack though :/

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Agree OP, definitely say God of War. Loved the particle effects and how there was a little slowmo, felt really good. I'd say second place is sekiro for sure though.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I may not like Sekiro that much but come on guys, it's Sekiro. Very few things in games are as satisfying as pulling off consecutive parries that end with you killing the enemy in a slick as fuck animation.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I'll never understand anyone propping From's jank ass animations like some revelation from the heavens. A parry isn't a block where you get shoved 10 feet away from the enemy. Sekiro's the best they've ever done and it's still not even close to MGR, DMC3 or DMC5.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Avatar Shaming
I'll never understand anyone propping From's jank ass animations like some revelation from the heavens. A parry isn't a block where you get shoved 10 feet away from the enemy. Sekiro's the best they've ever done and it's still not even close to MGR, DMC3 or DMC5.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
You know, call out to when i played prince of persia on the NES. In the later levels many duels would be parry, attack, parry attack. Blew me away back then.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Monster Hunter World Longsword's Foresight Slash count as parry right ?

FewAncientAmericanpainthorse-size_restricted.gif

And Lance's Counter Thrust
SharpInsidiousBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

And Charge Blade's Guard Point-->SAED