• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
For me it has been (well, I just finished it yesterday):

apps.26430.70257484970681862.43fe1483-3f1b-4ce0-af17-d7c6408af1b4.91e3dac1-68c9-4a9a-9d66-5de1ee79e10d

on Xbox Series S. And why? You may ask... Well, I had the phsyical copy on my 360 backlog, so I decided this would be a good chance to give it a go thanks to Game Pass.

Game didn´t disappoint! A solid 4/5 for me.

What about you? With which game had the honor to be played first on your new shiny system?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Darksiders 3 from Game Pass (contemplating to get it on the Black Friday sale including the DLC now). Now I'm about to finish my first purchase for the new system: Watch Dogs Legion :)

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
If were not counting Astro's Playroom.

I guess mine is Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2. Got a 100% on both TPS1 and TPS2, figured being installed on the PS5 SSD would mitigate some of the downtime with some of the loading times between loading new levels and whatnot.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Astro's Playroom

Having played Astro Bot: Rescue Mission on the PSVR recently and falling in love with it, I was always going to make Playroom my first priority when booting up my PS5.

Not only is it a fantastic demonstration of the DualSense and a loveletter to all of PlayStation history (which is effectively my own gaming history too) it was just a really fun time that shows that Astro Bot deserves another fully fledged adventure on the system soon.

Please, give us Astro Bot 2 with a PSVR2, Sony. That's all I ask.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Astro's Playroom

Not too many options though. Besides that and Bugsnax, it's a PS4 BC machine for me until I can get money again. Worth it though, just to never have to run a game on my PS4 Pro again. Plus I'm really digging God of War.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Got the Platinums for Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, and Miles Morales in that order. Next is Sackboy.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Astros playroom. Genius game and an easy platinum. Couldnt ask for a better start for the PS5.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
None yet. Red Dead Redemption 2 is apparently a long game. Also, waiting for the full DQXI to release (finished the demo)

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Astro's Playroom - such a lovely beginning to what I hope are many years of fun.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
crash bandicoot 4. i was in the middle of playing it when the ps5 came in. then i played astro's playroom. now i'm onto sackboy: a big adventure.

kind of a lot of 3d platformers in the last couple of months.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Miles Morales, wasn't a huge fan to be honest. Going to finish off Gears 5 now then back to Demon's Soul.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
While Demon's Souls is the game I care most about and will be the one I put the most time into, Bugsnax was actually the first game I finished. I got a month of PS Plus to try it out, so I wanted to make sure and finish it first. Great game!

woah... I just had deja vu

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I "finished" Astro Bot (though I didn't 100% it) and now I'm working my way through Spider-Man Remastered, which has way, way too many collectibles.

LonelyGay

May 18, 2019
Platinumed Astro, and then went and platinumed Miles Morales. Working on Demon's Souls as my first Souls game, and I'm getting my ass HANDED to me.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
astro.jpg

Such a good showpiece for the console (and controller)'s capabilities.
Such a charming game.

Platinumed it in less than 24 hours. Wonderful experience.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Another run of BL3. Playing 60fps and everything looking amazing gave me a chance to try the game again. A totally different experience when it was all smooth.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Astro Bot -> Miles Morales -> Godfall (still playing) along with Pathless/Sackboy/Dirt 5/DS/AC Valhalla.

AC Valhalla was more of a taste than anything. That's going to be my mid-late December game after I've finished some of these other games and trophy hunts.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Astro's Playroom, which, unlike Astrobot Rescue Mission, I actually really enjoyed.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Bugsnax and I was not prepared. More depressing than Demon's Souls lol, but great story and characters.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
Gears 5! Saved it for the Series X since I had a One S and wanted to be able to play it with the patch, and I'm happy I did, the game was stunning, I really dug the gunplay, and (seemingly unpopular opinion here) I enjoyed the story and characters quite a bit!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Astro, then bugsnax, then platinumed both. Next most likely is Miles Morales or Sackboy depending on my mood. Likely to try and platinum both unless sackboy has annoying multiplayer required trophies

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
DOOM Eternal. Played most of the game on my phone but the last 30% or so i wanted to experience on the big screen. And glad i did because the last boss fight is insane.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
On PS5 Astro if that counts, otherwise Miles Morales.

On XSX Jedi Fallen Order.

nickfrancis86

Nov 10, 2017
Astrobot, for the plat in just a matter of hours. It really is a lot of fun. My only criticism is that it's short! Same as the PSVR game.