• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11182

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Super Mario 64 along with N64. Which I went on to cancel a few weeks later because Nintendo decided to postpone the EU N64 launch by 6 months or something :(

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Zelda: OoT, I was about 12 years old at the time but had already been a longtime Zelda fan.

Although I was probably one of the few people that wouldve preferred a straight up sequel to A Link to the Past.

babuchy

The Fallen
Nov 3, 2017
I never preordered a game, bought several on day one (like gtav and dragon age origins) but never preordered

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think it might have been Diablo 2 on PC. Could also have been Pokemon Blue but I also remember not being able to get it on launch day and driving through town on my bike searching for an available copy.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
the first game I ever pre-ordered physically in a store, rather than online, was The Force Unleashed... for the PSP

The GameStation staff didn't believe a PSP version even existed until they went to go and look for it, it was embarassing

Never really did an in-store pickup again but I still regularly online pre-order since it's a relatively expensive hassle for me to grab something physically on day-one, once I factor in bus fares and GAME's ridiculous pricing. Day one digitally is even worse given EU PSN prices. I'd rather take the gamble on quality, which only rarely burns me (and I'd have gotten Mass Effect Andromeda regardless just to see for myself)

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete.

Game was delayed, too, and I called my local gamestop every day, every fuckin week, asking the if it was out yet, because I didn't have the internet to let me know.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
My birthday was about a month before Gold and Silver came out in the US so me and and my brother convinced our mother to reserve it for our birthday. It was the first time I ever preordered anything and it was at Toy R Us. We had to take a paper that was on an endcap that represented the game to the register and they stapled a receipt to it and gave it to us. We had to hold on to it for a month and pick up the game.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Pokemon Silver and Gold. Pokemania was in full swing and I doubt I would have found copies on release week had I not put money down.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Bought a lot of games Day 1. But my first preorder was probably GoW3. Not sure.

we had a small gaming shop in town where we asked the seller to keep us a copy (we were good clients back then) but it wasn't a real preorder.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Halo 2 and thank god I did because that midnight launch was so crowded it could have caused a fire code violation.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
My parents pre-ordered the N64 from PC Richards in NYC with Mario 64. It was so tough to get one when it came out. Good times.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Final Fantasy X. One of the best days of my life. Half day from high school due to testing. Saw one of the LOTR movies. Went afterwords to pick up my FFX pre-order

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
Street Fighter II on SNES is the first game I can remember pre-ordering. I remember getting the call from EB games that it was in and ready for pickup and than the excruciating 2 hours I had to wait for my Mom to get home so I could go pick it up.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember the first. But I can tell you my last pre-order: The last Guardian on PS3.

It was my last pre-order. :P

Tarahiro

Oct 28, 2017
Liverpool
Final Fantasy 10. The school I was in at the time was a special school so class didn't start until 1pm so I had mornings free so I got the train into town with a friend in the morning so we could be stood outside the game shop when it opened.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm. I actually have no idea.

Maybe Castlvania Symphony of the Night.

I feel like Gamestop didn't exist until PS1 came out. At least where I lived.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus. It got lost.
Second game was Death Stranding. I'm 3 hours into the game.
I will probably never preorder again but maybe Cyberpunk 2077, we'll see.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't own any consoles growing up. My younger brother got a PS1 for his bday and I preordered FFVIII after having loved my time with FFVII. Still remember sneaking out of bed in the middle of the night to play. Fun times.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic 2 from Toys R Us. I got a cool free t-shirt with Sonic and tails on it that I remember running around my house in pretending to be them. I don't think I pre-ordered another game until the N64.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Star Fox 64. I was so pumped for that game largely due to the Nintendo Power promo VHS tape. Oscar worthy performances there!