• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
It's clearly the genius of mixing the Super Mario Bros ground theme with the title screen music of Donkey Kong.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would've agreed with these two, however...

NIER has this in the bag for me.

It's exquisite. Keiichi Okabe & co. created a language that with its lyrics seems to surpass every barrier conventional language lays against communication, and the end result is music that is unlike any other, perfuming the entire game's atmosphere in forgotten tragedy and poignant melancholy. It's hard to describe just how much NIER's music gets to me.

aLoneWalker

Attempted to create multiple alt accounts
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
FFVI - Dancing Mad / Decisive Battle
FFVII - One Winged Angel / Bombing Mission / Listen to the cries of the Planet
FFVIII - Liberi Fatali / The Landing / Force your way / Waltz for the moon (feels) / Eyes on me / The Legendary Beast / Never Look Back
FFX - Otherworld / To Zanarkand
FFXV - Omnis Lacrima / Apocalypsis Aquarius

KHBBS - Rage Awakened The Origin / Hunter of the Dark
KH1 - Sora's sacrifice / Hikari / Fragments of Sorrow / Wake Up
KH2 - The 13th struggle / The 13th dilemma / Roxas Theme / Fight to the Death / Darkness of the Unknown / Rowdy Rumble
KHDDD - L'oscurità dell'ignoto / Impeto oscuro
KH3 - Nothing LOL

Bloodborne - Father Gascoigne / Gehrman, the First Hunter / Lady Maria of the Astral clock tower / Laurence, the first Vicar / Ludwig, the holy blade
Dark Souls 3 - Yhorm The Giant / Abyss Walkers / Slave Knight Gael / Darkeater Midir / Champion Gravetender / Father Ariandel and Sister Friede / Lothric & Lorian / Gundyr / Pontiff Sulyvahn / Vordt of the Boreal Valley / Main Menu theme

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017

The part from when the main theme hits at 07:00 all the way to the end is my favorite VG music ever.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Who knows, but Halo 2 and NieR: Automata consistently come to mind when I think of truly great game soundtracks.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I'm gonna take a second to appreciate just how much fucking *phenomenal* music video game creators have produced over the years because at least 50% of this thread are legit contenders, ranging from incredibly limited 8 bit tunes through to full red book audio of the modern age.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Are we talking about the best technicial composition here?
Or songs with the most critical acclaim (eg: Baba Yetu)?

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Chrome Gadget from Sonic 3 & Knuckles - You've got dat bass line. You've got two synths playing the coolest jazzy notes and chords on top of that which modulate in such a pleasing way. It's so well written it gets an emotional response from me every time I listen to it. It's all just so perfect.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Gonna cheat a little by posting an arrangement of a song. This is Xion's theme from Kingdom Hearts, and it's beautiful, sorrowful, and moving all at the same time.