• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is best?

• Taylor Swift (2006)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Fearless (2008)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Speak Now (2010)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Red (2012)

Votes: 31 23.5%
  • 1989 (2014)

Votes: 79 59.8%
  • Reputation (2017)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Lover (2019)

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Of the seven albums Taylor Swift has released, what is the best one?

They all have their highlights, but I say Speak Now (2010) is her overall best.

latest

So many feels

I had like 8 songs that I wanted to put in the OP but we're only allowed 4.

What do you think, Era? Is there an album of hers that's better? If so, which one?

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Never remember which songs are from which album but her newer stuff is shite. Looking on wiki Speak Now and Red look the best.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Fearless is probably still the one, Red might be slightly better than Speak Now, but I like how Speak Now was both very good and a sort of statement - 'one full album, not a single co-writer on any tracks', a fuck you to critics doubting her independence as songwriter.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Speak Now was weak on hit singles. I don't like it much at all besides Enchanted.

1989 on the other hand set stellar records because it has some amazing singles. Blank Space was an event.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Everything after Speak Now was trash. No longer a Taylor fan, but Speak Now was fantastic and I wish she didn't move away from that sound

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The ranking should be 1989, then Fearless.

Speak Now is her worst selling album lol. Slowest sales of all because it just had no good singles.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thats the one they play on classic music stations right? she's a bit too old for my taste. I prefer new young acts like Billie Eilish

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's 1989. Anyone who disagrees I will personally pay music theory courses for and during that time they must turn into their Swizzle Badge if Allegiance.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
The ranking should be 1989, then Fearless.

Speak Now is her worst selling album lol. Slowest sales of all because it just had no good singles.

Still sold like 6 million. It's what lead her to do begin doing these radio-friendly lead singles that don't really fit in with the rest of the album. I like all her albums but the last two-three albums have had bad lead singles that just don't represent the album.

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Still sold like 6 million. It's what lead her to do begin doing these radio-friendly lead singles that don't really fit in with the rest of the album. I like all her albums but the last two-three albums have had bad lead singles that just don't represent the album.
Not even bad lead singles, just misrepresentative. 1989 is a fantastic album, and I like Shake It Off just fine, but the rest of that album is nothing like that.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
1989 was fantastic. Easily the most competent production in her career. A worthy evolution of her tastes.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Speak Now / Red > 1989 / Fearless > Lover > Taylor Swift >>>>>The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reputation

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, it's 1989. It's one of the greatest pop records ever.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Speak Now / Red > 1989 / Fearless > Lover > Taylor Swift >>>>>The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reputation

Look, I cringed as much as anyone else when the lead single from Reputation was released, but the album is not really like that. Some of the singles, like Delicate, are great. It's probably her worst album, but it's still solid, which I think people just forget when thinking about how the album was launched.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
1989 isn't "one of the best pop records ever" but it actually has singles from her that are pretty ok. Shake it Off is still one of the worst mainstream radio hits of the last decade.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1989 is probably her best so I gave that my vote. Reputation is my favorite though and now seeing it has no votes at my time of voting is hurting me.