• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is the best game of the generation?

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Bloodborne

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

• God of War

• Red Dead Redemption 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Other: Resident Evil 2. Less than a week out and it's already matched or exceeded REmake 1 for me, and that's my second favorite game ever made.

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, it's Japanese so it's exempt. We gotta look at the next big Western game to come out.

... Appears it's Anthem. I think Era's already got a head start on that one.
BotW wasn't ;)

Hmm...I don't know. People here seem more apathetic to it than anything else or at least I am :P

Here comes the Resident Evil 2 backlash
Nah, not controversial enough. It needs to be another absurdly critically acclaimed game that supposedly got a pass for all of its problems. Maybe Death Stranding?

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
BotW wasn't ;)

Hmm...I don't know. People here seem more apathetic to it than anything else or at least I am :P

Nah, not controversial enough. It needs to be another absurdly critically acclaimed game that supposedly got a pass for all of its problems. Maybe Death Stranding?
Thats Kojima tho.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Shepherd

Oct 25, 2017
It's BotW, and the fact that so many agree, in a gen full of gems, just shows how incredible it is.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
BotW wasn't ;)

But BOTW got backlash!

Kingdom Hearts 3?

True, true. I guess if it's a Japanese game it just has to be really divisive.

Kingdom Hearts 3 might end up fitting that bill actually.

Oct 26, 2017
That true, but thats just general internet obsession with scores and validation lol
And boy do people online get riled up over that when everyone else couldn't care less

True, true. I guess if it's a Japanese game it just has to be really divisive.

Kingdom Hearts 3 might end up fitting that bill actually.
I can see some, mainly for its plot but that's sort of the backlash they all got :P

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
So far the poll results are BOTW>BB>W3>GoW>RDD2

Based on the Metacritic scores though,it's order is RDD2(97)<BOTW(97)<GoW(94)<W3(93)<BB(92)

So in practice the highest critically rated game is the last on the poll while the lowest in MC is 2nd best

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Honeymoon with Zelda ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tumblr_om3u4yzNTD1vxd8rao1_500.gif

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
The Witness is my game of this generation and maybe even my all time favourite (with Journey). It's an experience i'll never forget. I wish i could forget and play again fresh though.