• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm in the mood to play some Chess, but there are so many options that I can't decide.

Thanks.

OddSock

Oct 27, 2017
South Africa
This is a very hard question to answer, depending on what you want out of the chess game. If you're just looking for a nice looking game to play a bit of chess, then something like Chess Ultra is the best bet. https://store.steampowered.com/app/518060/Chess_Ultra/

If you're looking to improve your chess game, then it depends entirely on which Chess engine you want to use, and that can get...technical.

Also agree with above, that Lichess is very good if you want a simple, free game you can play anywhere.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I usually just use chess.com since it can be played in browser. I think there's a dedicated mobile app as well but it's been a while since I tried it.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I haven't tried it, but it's my understanding that Pure Chess (available on consoles, PC, and mobile) has a ton of in-game guides and puzzles to help one improve their chess skills. I really should open the copy I bought for PS4 instead of letting it accumulate dust.