• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I actually really liked Battinson's suit in the movie. Wonder if they'll slightly modify it with the sequel or just replace it with a new one altogether.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
8515037-batman_beyond_neo_year_vol_1_1_textless.jpg

The 'mouth' wouldn't work in live action, though. I suppose it could either be a retractable mouth cover or go full Dagoth Ur and have a creepy statuesque mask.

Batmanbeyondhelmet_580x.png

Deleted user 119316

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 22, 2022
Sorry, I can't do it. The costume has always been bottom tier for me for a very specific reason, NO DAMN CAPE! Batman must have a cape. Not Wingdings. Not roll up into the back, hidden parasail. An actual, ever-present, cape. Any suit without a cape is not one I can endorse.

I can respect caping for the cape. I really can.

But are you really saying that this Batman is worse than any of the Batboys? Surely we can share that viewpoint in common, that this young Batman is better than all the Robins?

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't fuck with Batman '89 if only because the bat symbol looks weird, doubly so because it's the classic shape in all the marketing material, so I don't know WTF happened there. Though to be fair it took me like 20 years to notice. But what had been seen cannot be unseen.

Batman Returns fixed it, thank God.

Think it was licensing problems.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Lol yes, was editing that in.

lmao, sometimes that happens

I dunno, I'd be up for it at least on "this looks interesting" grounds. I don't think we've ever had a grey-blue suit in the live action movies, right? Except for that overdesigned silver stuff in Batman & Robin, but that's not really a "grey-blue" combination like the 70s Batman suit.

I do prefer the grey-black combination, tbh.

breadtruck

Oct 27, 2017
I love Affleck Batman, but the Knightfall batsuit has been my favorite since I was a kid in the 90's lol

Edit- tried to post image, but turning out to be a real pain, so you'll have to Google it

Last edited:

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
The Batman Begins suit was nearly perfect to me; all it needed was a more functional cowl/neck collar, similar to the one in TDK. But, aesthetically, I thought it was a neat cross between a tactical military suit and a traditional comic inspired batsuit (the bat symbol was much better than the one Nolan used in the sequels):

batman-begins-4k-art-ak-800x1280.jpg

I especially loved the design when Batman had the cape draped over him:

dbu1hz9-b0d5ebd9-b29b-40b3-a93d-ec61cce5403f.jpg

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Seen, the Batman 89 suit sucks for these various reasons;

1. It was basically all black, which was boring and not the Batman color-scheme of the time.

2. It added weird, unnecessary feet to the iconic bat-symbol.

3. The actor couldnt move in the goddamn thing.
This is the true answer, although Batman 66 Adam West is a close runner up.
18hMWe.jpg

The Batman Begins suit was nearly perfect to me; all it needed was a more functional cowl/neck collar, similar to the one in TDK. But, aesthetically, I thought it was a neat cross between a tactical military suit and a traditional comic inspired batsuit (the bat symbol was much better than the one Nolan used in the sequels):

batman-begins-4k-art-ak-800x1280.jpg

I especially loved the design when Batman had the cape draped over him:

dbu1hz9-b0d5ebd9-b29b-40b3-a93d-ec61cce5403f.jpg
Now I'm a huge advocate of Batman Begins, and honestly kind of hated how it immediately got so overshadowed by Dark Knight, but from a design standpoint I could never get over the dumb little cape clips Batman has on his shoulders in Begins

Reminded me of how my cousins and I would run around with towels clipped to our shirts using clothespins pretending to be superheroes when we were five.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they could have done the 89 suit with the Batman returns symbol. But I'm a sucker for the 89 suit regardless. That cowl is amazing.

I like Parttinsons suit but hate the nose. It makes the rest of the suit look amateurish.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I really like The Batman's suit. Favorite comics suit is the classic blue and yellow.

Slayven but what's the most obscure batsuit?

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Always liked the Arkham Origins suit. Affleck's was really good too, I always use it when I play Arkham Knight, looks great in that game.

Pattinson's was also pretty good, definitely room for a bit more refinement on it for future movies though.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Pattinson's Batman suit probably isn't my ideal batsuit design on paper, but I think it's far and away the best looking on-screen. All the others look a bit Halloween costumey but the Pattinson Batsuit actually looks halfway functional, and is lit and framed really well.

The Keaton suit still feels the most "this is Batman" level of iconic, but obviously it moves like shit and would look silly in something like The Batman or Dark Knight.

batman-sur-enn-arrr.jpg
24.jpeg

Not actually my favorite, but I was disgusted that I didn't see it posted.
Top 10 comic book moment tbh.

Feb 7, 2022
It's between the '89 and Battinson suits for me. The Batman suit surprised me because I initially hated the reveal, but seeing it in action really showed how well it works. I really love the blue edits of Pattinson's suit too.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
18XRXe.jpg

This one is so good, it feels very comic book, and doesn't follow the "tactical armour" modern take. It also doesn't look rubbery when many of the others do.

The Pattinson one is cool, the dark eye make up was a brilliant touch.
As much as I hate the movie, this suit is absolutely incredible. For me, the "no tactical armor style", as you wonderfully worded it, is far superior to metal plated body armor batman. If this one would have finally taken the step to MCU-Style white eyes, it would be literally perfect imo, but the cheap looking eyeholes keep being a downer on every single movie Batsuit.

edit boom
m7Epvr5.png

Last edited:

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
For live action, the Affleck suit just nails it. It was the only thing Snyder's Batman did right. I'm also really fond of the Pattinson suit.
For animation, Batman Beyond is head and shoulders above anything else. The DCAMU suits are pretty good too.
For comics, The Long Halloween/Dark Victory is my favorite Bruce Wayne suit, but I fucking love Future State's Batsuit for Tim Fox is incredible. The emblem in particular looks fantastic.

1*4LuG9plhv7LgbzDxnuaXQg.png
latest

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
For live action, the Affleck suit just nails it. It was the only thing Snyder's Batman did right. I'm also really fond of the Pattinson suit.
For animation, Batman Beyond is head and shoulders above anything else. The DCAMU suits are pretty good too.
For comics, The Long Halloween/Dark Victory is my favorite Bruce Wayne suit, but I fucking love Future State's Batsuit for Tim Fox is incredible. The emblem in particular looks fantastic.
Pattison's would be my #2 as well, despite the modern armor type suit. Very well designed.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
The correct answer to best *anything to do with Batman* is always TAS. This is no different.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm a huge advocate of Batman Begins, and honestly kind of hated how it immediately got so overshadowed by Dark Knight, but from a design standpoint I could never get over the dumb little cape clips Batman has on his shoulders in Begins

Reminded me of how my cousins and I would run around with towels clipped to our shirts using clothespins pretending to be superheroes when we were five.
I can at least see what they were going for with the clips, although I can't recall any other Batsuit using them, other than Schumacher. In terms of practicality, it would allow Batman to easily remove his cape in a situation where it got caught on something and avoid this type of awkward situation:

www.youtube.com

Lois Lane discovers Batman's identity

From Superman: The Animated Series episode World's finest part 3" Note: All content belongs to Warner Bros. Animation and its creators, I do not own any righ...

I think Nolan was probably experimenting on how realistic he wanted the suit to appear in his first movie, and there was maybe some input from the costume designers to have the clips so the cape could more easily fall along Bale's shoulders for those handful of scenes where he has it draped over the suit.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Context? Looks like Magneto
So back in the 50s, an alien version of Batman with a purple, red and yellow batsuit needed help on his planet, Zur-En-Arrh, so he recruited Earth's Batman. It was left ambiguous in the story as to whether or not it was a dream or if it really happened.

Then Grant Morrison took that idea and made it into an alternate personality of Bruce Wayne's triggered by the phrase Zur-En-Arrh, which is explained to be Bruce's misunderstanding of his father's last words. This personality is extremely violent.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Adam West's

And I mean that unironically.
Abso-goddamn-lutely.

It was visually dynamic and colorfully diverse.

It was a faithful representation of the suit it was based on.

The actor could actually move around and perform in it.

All modern live action batsuits are basically a failing exercise in the rule-of-cool. They got it right in 66
1AgJjD.gif

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
The Bat symbol on Adam West's suit just needed to be a little bit higher up
Oh yeah, the Bat-Symbol falling into West's doughy mid-section is definitely a problem, but I'll take that any day over Batman 89, who literally just stands there and watches a couple get mugged and assaulted because his outfit restricts him from having an actual goddamn action scene...

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
for movies I like Pattison's the best cause he looks like a detective, good mix of practicality and fashion

also I like how you can see the grapple hooks on his wrists, it's like a prototype for his in prime suit

for comics, knightfall bruce bats my fav suit

batman-knightfall-02.jpg

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Abso-goddamn-lutely.

It was visually dynamic and colorfully diverse.

It was a faithful representation of the suit it was based on.

The actor could actually move around and perform in it.

All modern live action batsuits are basically a failing exercise in the rule-of-cool. They got it right in 66
1AgJjD.gif
I remember reading a story that Adam West literally cried when he was told he wasn't going to be Batman in Tim Button's movie.

The man cared about the role. As silly as the show could be, he did understand Batman and played him with passion.