• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Best
Waffle
copycat-chick-fil-a-waffle-fries.jpeg

Worst
Shoestring
1-shoestring-potatoes-61b-P8170061.jpg

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best - Steak, still tastes like potato
Worst - Shoestring, tastes like fucking shoestring

Summit

Banned
Mar 1, 2021
Best: tie between waffle and curly

Worst: wedge

Honorable mention: traditional and crinkle

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Every single fry is delicious. Even burger king fries that have been left out on the counter over night. I'll devour that shit in the morning. Just needs extra ketchup.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Crinkle Cut are my favorite with waffle/curly as honorable mentions.

However, I can never do sweet potato fries no matter what shape it is. I can stomach shapes like steak or cottage fries, but any sweet potato? Never in this lifetime.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it's not that shoestring fries are bad, it's that for some reason restaurants have the gall to assume that you're willing to spend more for them. I see those on the menu I know I'm about to spend $60 on one beer and a hamburger.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Most fries are great to awesome.

Except for steak cut and crinkle. Whether they're made at home or from a restaurant they have a huge chance of being soggy and gross.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Honestly they can all be good depending on how they're cooked, ie potato-y steak fries are bad, but if they're crispy/overcooked they're great.

Except shoestring, they're always bad.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Wedges and steak fries are basically mashed potatoes with a crust, which means they're awful. Shoestring are still fries and are great the few seconds they are hot.

Curly fries are godly and waffle fries are only good when they are covered in cheese, bacon, and green onions.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Waffle and curly fries are the best, but ya'll need to try them when battered in beer batter. Oh. My. God.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Any fry type can be good when prepared by the right person though.

Waffle and curly are great but easy to screw up though

shoestring is pretty meh unless in large portions and masterfully handled though

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand why so many restaurants choose to serve fries but don't offer a curly or waffle option. Is it more expensive to make those styles or are businesses just happy serving second-rate fries? I've never heard anyone complain when they get curly or waffle fries, and yet, they're the vast minority of all fries served. A real, needless tragedy.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Man there is something about super crispy shoestring fries covered in some sort of spice and maybe a little lime. Super delicious. Fuck I want some right now. And steak fries are a great vessel for vinegar!!

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Best: Curly

Worst: Shoestring (who in god's name made this???)

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of all fries but shoestring are the absolute worst. Curse whoever invented those.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Curly are lowkey the worst because you usually only get a few that are actually twirled, and the rest are bullshit half pieces.

FloatOn

Jan 24, 2018
I'm good with just about anything other than those weak shoestring fries.

The bigger question: what's the best and worst fry sauce?

Sandcrawler

Oct 27, 2017
These overly crispy ones served in so many diners here in NJ are pretty bad:

2D9680074-131114-french-fries-jsw-225p.fit-2000w.jpg

Just covered in way too much crunchy crap. They taste obviously frozen. I love my diners but these fries can go to hell.

Waffle fries are pretty great especially when fresh.