• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best adaptation of Spider-Man in media?

• Tom Holland Spider-Man

• Toby Maguire Spider-Man

• Andrew Garfield Spider-Man

• Spectacular Spider-Man (TV series)

• Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018 film)

• Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994 TV series)

• Spider-Man (2018 Video Game) PS4

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
MTReZB3.gif

Tobey wins the meme war though.

The way Peter here is out of shape, bordering suicidal, but at the same time at the top of his game skill wise spidey is so freaking great. Goes from being a klutz to instantly dodging and escaping doc ock like it's his millionth time around the block. This was the only time we got to see mature peter in film and it was amazing. I hope peter Parker comes back in enter the spider verse 2, though I feel Spiderman 2099 might be taking his place

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Tom Holland Spider-Man is the worst, not because of Holland but because of all the Avengers stuff and try hard scenes. Garfield Spider-Man also suffers from that. At least Maguire's Spider-Man was honest.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to choose between Spectacular and Spider-Verse because of the very different mediums and stories. Spectacular is better but it had a lot of time to tell different stories and such.

I picked Spider-Verse because it's more concentrated, I guess.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tom Holland is the best Spidey, but the movie wasn't very good.

Spiderverse is the best movie.

And Tobey 2.

Edit: Didn't even see that PS4 was an option. Would have picked that! Not the best story, but by far the best interactive adaptation ever. Amazing game.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Spidey & Spider-Verse pretty easily for me. I had a feeling Spider-Verse would be dominating the votes, so my actual vote went to the game.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Tom Holland is cringe as fuck. Tries way too hard with the nervous awkward teen shtick, even harder than Garfield (which I didn't think would be possible). They both also try wayyyyyyy too hard with their Spidey "quips" (Garfield more-so on that one).

Tobey remains king, he was a natural at being a nervous, awkward dork. He didn't even have to try. Same with humor, he was much more subtle.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Spiderverse for movies
Spiderman for video games
Spectacular for TV

All 3 are pretty much GOAT for their respective medium.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Sam Raimi Spiderman, there is no question about that one.

Dont watch cartoons, so can't say anything about Spiderverse.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Tom Holland Spider-Man is the worst, not because of Holland but because of all the Avengers stuff and try hard scenes. Garfield Spider-Man also suffers from that. At least Maguire's Spider-Man was honest.

solo spider-man movie in MCU without any other avengers cameo:

"Why ain't the avengers appearing to help out Spider-man? aren't they in New York too!?"

Solo spider-man movine in MCU with other avengers cameo:

"get that avengers garbage out of my pure standalone spider-man movie!!!"

hmm

85c.gif

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's a tough choice. I love Spectacular Spider-Man and Spider-Verse is one of the most fun animated movies I have ever seen.

I ended up choosing Insomniac Spider-Man because I feel like they told one of the best original stories out there for the character.
The emotional beats at the end really landed perfectly and cemented itself as one of the best Spidey stories ever.
I feel like they took the character and really made it their own for the game, which is a true accomplishment for such a celebrated character.

For live action, it really is Holland and it's not even close.
Toby did a great job as well, but I just personally like the younger Holland take on the character.
He also just wins out for being able to interact with other Marvel heroes.
To me Spidey is and has always been THE team-up character, and I love to see his interactions with MCU Cap and Iron Man.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I use to love you man
It's the "Mr. Stark" bullshit, the voice is annoying and it's a reminder of how wrong it is that he character is connected to another in all the wrong ways at the detriment of his own arc and support cast.

Like them, even Far From Home prominently features Ironman.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
you know holland is crushing it when people call him out for being annoying quippy and trying too hard

Last edited: