• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Because let's be honest, nothing will ever top DBZ's Super Saiyan transformation. Anyways my vote goes to Berserker Armor Guts:
315667E8290AB50952A6EC124534D7ABFA6E38C2

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Because your thread doesn't acknowledge Gear Two as the best, you'll just keep getting posts like "but Gear Two is the best" instead of what you're actually curious about.

Anyway, SSJ2.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Probably will be underappreciated on this forum but I got to appreciate Symphogear Season 1's X Drive. Spoilers if you want to watch the show since this is a part of the season finale.
www.youtube.com

上松範康が選ぶ <ベスト・オブ・シンフォギア>

TVアニメ「戦姫絶唱シンフォギアGX」放送直前企画<ベスト・オブ・シンフォギア>原作・音楽プロデューサー/上松範康が選ぶ、シンフォギアシリーズのベストシーンを公開!!(「戦姫絶唱シンフォギア」12話より)

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Every batshit insane transformation happening in Immortal Hulk right now tops anything that ever happened in DBZ.

Oct 26, 2017
The design isn't anything amazing, but when Ichigo first went Bankai......That shit was hype as fuck.

Naruto Sage Mode too.

Both are simple, yet I love them.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I like 100% and ???% Mob, you know shit is going to go down when it gets to that point.

f7f6ab6b108095cc7181819f43673166.gif

Last edited:

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Gon! the violence that followed was shocking considering Gon's nature prior to the transformation.

Gear 2nd was great!

Berserk armor was awesome too! oh damn I can't decide lol

Any of those can work.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Gold Experience Requiem in Vento Aureo. Part 5 is a story about predestiny and being unable to fight fate. The main antagonist's Stand allows himself to avoid any fate because of his Stand, King Crimson. He can see the future and step outside of fate to avoid any harm. GER is a transformation acquired specifically to prevent Diavolo from (sometimes literally) sidestepping fate.

Conversely, Giorno's Stand Gold Experience grants life to anything it touches. Wounds can rejuvenate, trees sprout from the ground, and a parking lot of cars turn into frogs and hop away. When Buccellati is mortally wounded, his soul leaves his body, but Gold Experience's restorative powers allow Bruno's soul to remain inside his corpse. Fate hasn't been defied, as Bruno is literally a dead man walking, but his ultimate fate has been postponed.

Gold Experience Requiem, then. The arrow is a recurring plot device in JJBA starting with Part 4 for its ability to grant Stands, but it really comes into focus with Part 5, especially after Polnareff's Stand takes the arrow into itself and becomes Silver Chariot Requiem. "Requiem Stands" are supercharged by the arrow to obtain an ability that the user needs most in that moment. In Polnareff's case, he wanted to protect the arrow, which manifested as a Stand with the ability to prevent anyone from approaching with the intent of taking the arrow.

Diavolo seemingly acquires the arrow and prepares to use it, but Giorno winds up being the one to hold and stab himself with it, transforming Gold Experience into Gold Experience Requiem, a Stand capable of reinforcing the fate of everyone. It's clumsily explained as "returning to zero", but the long and short of it is that GER prevents causality. Any action fated to occur can be completely negated, including death itself. Being "killed" by GER means the moment before you would actually die, you simply continuously experience the moments before death endlessly, never being allowed to expire.

Also, it looks totally badass.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

This without question. I prefer it over super saiyan but I'll acknowledge context and at the time, with limited US exposure to this type of thing it was freaking epic.

But Gon in HxH..the lead in, the brutality, the art style, the wtf factor which NO one could have guessed. Sooooo good

Even the clip does it justice its still better with context.

Last edited:

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I love sage mode, naruto or jiraiya.

8 gates is also baller as fuck, my boy rock lee aka the illest.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I am partial to Lina Inverses Transformation into the lord of Nightmares in The slayers Next
3c2483d9bd82402e96e3edb15a7c235bf556300b_00.gif

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I can only think of Gear Second or Gon in HxH. Goku was ruined by the English Dub.

SSJ2
8XEx.gif

or

Ultra Instinct
fAi5mSI.gif

Either way, it's all DBZ at the top.

Shit always amounts to a hair change +so stronk now, instead of any interesting new abilities. The first one was the most interesting at the time, and it was all downhill from there. Way, Way downhill.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon evolutions. But yeah, DBZ has been on top when it comes to transformations and I don't think anything else comes close. Just reading the title made me automatically think super saiyan.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Gon is my first answer. Though it might actually be Mob going ???% in Mob Psycho thinking about it.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
Like, if you watch anime beside Dragon Ball, you know that Goku transform is some weak shit.