• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
tenor.gif

JP by far

SeanBoocock

Senior Engineer @ Epic Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Voted for Munich but his oeuvre is incredible and he is probably the most important living director in terms of his impact on modern cinema.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is an easy win for Jurassic Park. Schindler's List will take an early lead, but probably be surpassed.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jurassic Park is great fun, but come on. Better than Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, or Close Encounters of the Third Kind? Y'all are crazy.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I voted for Jurassic Park even though it's not my favorite of his catalog. That movie would have been a failure in so many other creators' hands and it's easily one of the best adventure films ever. Astonishing work especially for the time.

Spielberg hasn't really fallen off much from a directorial POV. There are some incredible sequences in RPO and Tintin. He's still a master director. Society has just moved on.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
I really wanted to vote Jurassic Park since it's one of my most watched movies of all time, but ended up picking Jaws.
He has half a dozen movies where it's a damn toss up. Just depends on my mood. His filmography is the GOAT. No other director can switch from adventure to drama to scifi and other genre mixes like he can.

Then when you factor in movies/ TV series that he produced, it's just unreal.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Where's The Land Before Time?

I chose Catch Me If You Can. Nearly a perfect movie and loved by everyone.

Jul 18, 2018
I voted for Jurassic Park even though it's not my favorite of his catalog. That movie would have been a failure in so many other creators' hands and it's easily one of the best adventure films ever. Astonishing work especially for the time.

Spielberg hasn't really fallen off much from a directorial POV. There are some incredible sequences in RPO and Tintin. He's still a master director. Society has just moved on.
What do you mean Society has moved on? Are you saying they don't make much bank box office wise or are you saying his recognition has dwindled?

Next yr his take on West Side Story comes out....can't wait

Oct 26, 2017
i wouldn't know what to pick though interestingly enough, that list reminded me how much of his serious live action movies I stayed away from or outright did not like, as great as they may be as films. I think his best films are either Jaws or JP

His least favorite film of his, Hook, is my personal favorite after JP :(

Where's The Land Before Time?

A Don Bluth film

grang

Nov 13, 2017
You can't pick Catch Me If You Can over stuff like Jaws, Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List...but damn if I don't want to. Maybe because I caught it on TV most recently, I'm sure if I'd seen any of those more recently I'd say the same thing. One of the most charming movies of all time.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
really really surprised Schindlers List is at #1.

To me it is JAWS and then ET and Raiders. Saving Private Ryan and a slew of others are right behind those IMO.

maddieJ

Oct 27, 2017
South Portland, ME
Jaws is my all time favorite movie. One of, if not the only movie I loved as a kid, that I still love. Jurassic Park is right up my alley too and probably my second favorite of his. I think I watched it too much though as a kid, as I don't find it nearly as rewatchable as Jaws now a days.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not my favorite movie out of his filmography, but Schindler's List is a huge achievement. I'm sure he's very proud with what he made.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time that doesn't have "Star Wars" in the title.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Jaws is my favorite film, so that.

Love Munich and Empire of the Sun as well.