• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
https://60th.sega.com/segashiro/

avgvT1O.jpg

OP
OP
bell wood's jet cola
Oct 30, 2017
Based on the URL I think it's to do with Segata Sanshiro. I think the text might say 6 more days, so I guess keep an eye on the link.

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I had heard that they were planning a bunch of stuff for 2020. But a lot of those plans must have been thrown out the window because of COVID-19.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
VF6 for Sega's 60th anniversary was something I thought that they would do this year. It makes a ton of sense.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I had heard that they were planning a bunch of stuff for 2020. But a lot of those plans must have been thrown out the window because of COVID-19.
Pivoting to the burgeoning soap industry:

shop.sega.com

Altered Beast Genesis Cartridge Soap

Enter a time when pixels were visible and bits ruled the world. Summoned by soap to rescue your body from dirt's evil grasp, you have the supernatural power to transform a deceptive cartridge into cleansing bubbles in your bathtub. Pick this soap up to infiltrate the filth, once and for all.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
A dumb Google Translate version of the page description:

Sega 60th anniversary ambassador silhouette pre-release! 3/25 Information lifted.

The 6 is a countdown timer, and with a URL of "segashiro" this is drastically more likely to be some sort of Segata Sanshiro revival for a new marketing push than anything else.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
VF6 on a new arcade board developed with the help of military contractors that make PS5 and XSX look like a Voodoo 2 in 2020.

Let a man dream.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
You can't have Arc System implement rollback netcode AND a new Virtual Fighters in the same year.

Thats like having two birthday wishes, it's illegal.

OP
OP
bell wood's jet cola
Oct 30, 2017
Someone changed the thread title, but it does seem to be getting the thread more views. I think my title was, "Whats Sega doing for their 60th anniversary?" Never a bad thing to let Sega know people want VF, though. This Tweet seems fairly popular:

the androgyne

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm if that's not VF6 then it's one hell of a nasty tease.
I'm going with that being a young Akira and we're looking at a prequel of sorts. Half the VF cast would be dead by now, so they had to go back!

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Dear Sega, I'll pay $5,000 for the Virtua Fighter IP for use in perpetuity to develop video games on consoles, computers, arcade machines and mobile devices. You can have free rights to use the IP for gaming and Pachinko machines. I feel that amount is adequate compensation for the value of the franchise in its current state. PM me.