• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I mean it depends on from what kind of perspective you mean.

Completely missing fan and market expectations? One answer:

91%2B1hGUC0NL._SL1500_.jpg

I bought it for dirt cheap just for the amiibos, shame it was such a shallow lifeless game.

My gf is a huge AC fan and she hated the hell out of it.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
The thing with NES games is that, as awful some of them are, they are all so ancient by today's standards that the gap between a good and bad NES game is much smaller than the gap between most good and bad modern games. The Game Boy is on a similar boat, if you ask me.
IMO there actually is a pretty big gap between Urban Champion and other games. In addition to not being much to the gameplay, it pretty much has no content or replay value compared to even a lot of other early Nintendo NES games so it doesn't do much to justify a price tag.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Air Ride is better than most mainline Kirby games send tweet.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Objectively, their absolute worst release is that weird Doshin the Giant expansion for the 64DD where you pee love hearts on people and mostly just watch weird-ass animations.

Personally speaking though, I'd put forward either Urban Champion for being too boring to exist, or Paper Mario: Sticker Star for being a mess of self-compromising design decisions.

archreaper93

Oct 27, 2017
You're looking exactly at that list, with Wii Music and Metroid: Other M and Mario Kart Wii and Link's Crossbow Training and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Smash Brothers Brawl and all the other creatively bankrupt titles that plagued a console that hinges on a gimmick and thrived in convalescence homes.

Lmao what?

Xenoblade, Radiant Dawn, Sin & Punishment, Punch Out, DKCR bad?

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
on current gen, Mario Party .... so many bad reviews from customers prevent me to not buy it
I truly believe that Mario Party has zero redeeming qualities outside of a rental period for use during middle school sleepovers.

I have no hate for the game, or even the people that enjoy it, and there was a time when I truly anticipated playing it with my friends. I will always support and cherish those memories, and will do everything I can to ensure that everyone in the world is able to have similar moments in the lives: just chill semi-competitive fun with friends who are up way too late.

Mario Party felt new, exciting, a little bit alien, and very special in those moments.

Now, as a seasoned veteran? No thrill at all, regardless of the multiplayer situation. I have friends that still love it. And I love them. But I dread visiting a buddy's house for a low-key get together and having to log my obligate two hours of Mario Party before I can actually start enjoying myself. The surge in popularity of actual board games has killed Mario Party's applicability in adult friend groups looking for an escape.

There's just so many better social games and interactions I can have with my friends in my adult life than Mario Party.

Oct 29, 2017
on current gen, Mario Party .... so many bad reviews from customers prevent me to not buy it

It's Mario Party. I'm sure it falls behind compared to some previous games but it's still Mario Party.

Get it on sale. There are fewer tables that I wanted but it's usually really difficult to fuck up a party game. Unless you play it hardcore and your friends are deep into Mario party you should have plenty of fun. Mini games are awesome.

Tito

Oct 28, 2017
Sticker Star is a fantastic idea executed poorly, but it's not a bad game at all.

The idea of turning toads into minions is a great addition, very funny.

It has by fast the best use of the paper aesthetic in the way the world work.

Collecting real object and use them to solve puzzles and interact with the paper world is the best idea ever.

The rest of the game though... They should have ditched the battle system entirely and made a puzzle adventure game, that would have been great, something like old point and click PC games.

The worst Nintendo game is Urban Champion and I don't understand why they continue to publish it.

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
I'd appreciate a more subjective title.

My personal worst one was Star Fox Zero. No, it wasn't THAT bad, but I don't like that it exists. And I don't like the reason why it exists. You don't have to innovate all the damn time, Nintendo.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
So, looking at this list, and filtering for specifically the ones developed in house, there are a few contenders. The sports games on the NES and Gameboy are largely unplayable, but I think the worst I know is WarioWare Snapped!, a game centered around using the DSi's camera. It doesn't work! Nothing about it works.

Yeah it's Snapped! IMO. The game just doesn't work. No way things like Chibi Robo Zip Lash or Wario Master of Disguise compare to a game that simply does not function.

Apr 26, 2020
I think 1-2 Switch Mario Tennis Ultra Smash are really up there as the worst Nintendo games. Well 1-2 Switch mainly because it was a full prices game and not a pack in game with the Switch

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I think 1-2 Switch Mario Tennis Ultra Smash are really up there as the worst Nintendo games. Well 1-2 Switch mainly because it was a full prices game and not a pack in game with the Switch
Ultra Smash is basically a tech demo for Aces, which was a much, much, much better game. It's so bare bones, even for a modern Mario sports game and is just not a good game. It also never really got a price drop

That era for the Wii U was not Nintendo's proudest moment. Amiibo Party was so bad it basically killed a cash cow for Nintendo