• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

LonelyFailingAphid-size_restricted.gif

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Go KK Rider and KK Crusin are my favourites

It's been stated, but K.K. Cruisin' is the GOAT

Holy shit, these are great. Now I have two favourite things to listen to.

Someone needs to do a Bubblegum cover with the lyrics everybody posts, but the Isabelle version, not the KK one.
When the bubblegum
pops
I want you to smile
And remember every good time
We had when skies were grey
Bubblegum dear
Why are you crying?
I'll never let them take
My Bubblegum away.
And when the skies are all blue
All I can think of is yoooou
The world lights at your smile
And shines at the sound of your laugh
And Bubblegum dear
I just want to see you again.

Last edited:

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There are so many great ones posted. Makes me excited to hear the new songs in horizons.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Nobody posted K.K. Bossa?!

Totaka even plays it at the end of the New Leaf Direct dresses in a giant K.K. Slider costume!

Vesves

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Have to concur with most people that KK Cruisin is a real jam, but I have a soft spot for KK Lullaby even though it makes me very sad for some reason.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm partial to Go K.K. Rider.

One thing that I remember though was when I first heard it in AC GCN, it was in Twirp's house, but due to the layout, I couldn't reach his tape deck to check the title. Took me a ling time to request the song as a result.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
KK Soul, baby.

Oh, and I should also mention KK D&B. The live version of that song... so good.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
I love love LOVE Bubblegum K.K. and K.K. Cruisin', but no one has shared the masterpiece known as K.K. Bossa yet, and that's a travesty:

It can only be either KK Disco or KK Moody folks, sorry I don't make the rules.

Oh wow, the taste jumped OUT! <3

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I Love You

edit: Oh, and special mention to Only Me

I'm a sucker for the slower/more touching ones.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
The musically minded of you may be curious about a New Horizons thing, which I will put in a spoiler tag. Otherwise, play through the game naturally and you'll learn about this in the course of 3-5 weeks.

When you eventually meet KK Slider in a certain capacity, he will take song requests. The song you request must be spelled correctly (e.g. K.K. Cruisin', not kk crusin) to get him to play it. Misspell it, and he plays a random song of his choosing instead. Spell it right, and he plays his own solo-Slider version. If you don't own the requested song already, once he's done playing, he will slip you a "bootleg" copy of said song, the same kind of yellow-note icon that you can buy from Nook's Cranny on a daily basis. This is the song's "arranged" version, with a wider array of instruments (though usually still in the bleep-bloop spectrum).

But this bootleg aspect only works for the FIRST song you request in a given visit. You'll have to wait for his next visit to get a bootleg copy of additional requests. You can keep making requests while he's in town and hear the exact songs you want, at least.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I always loved the acoustic versions of K.K. Bossa used the film based off Wild World. It was a really nice chill slice-of-life film that really got the feeling of playing Animal Crossing, and also made it feel a bit bittersweet due to its association with Margie who moves away like your own villagers may eventually do.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't find a video of it from NH, but K.K. D&B's underrated and pretty damn good even if it isn't my favorite (that's K.K. Disco, baby). Love how he's breakin' it down throughout the song, lol.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

This has been playing in my house for the past 20 days and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Straight out of Persona 5.