• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Seriously, I step into a stall at work and there's shit spray in the toilet, piss on the floor, once I found a suspicious whiteish glob on the toilet seat.

What about public toilets turns the civilised into faeces slinging apes?

I believe this could be a metaphor for people's shitty behaviour online.

/Rant over.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably because most normal people don't poop in public unless it's an emergency. And then after you had your emergency you don't have cleaning supplies like you would at home. Thus, you get shit spray.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Just don't use public toilets, unless you really, REALLY have to.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I have trained my body to take a shit every morning and every evening when I get home from work so I never have to use a public toilet. Just peeing in urinals during the day. People are animals so I avoid dealing with their filth at all cost.

Oct 31, 2017
Probably because most normal people don't poop in public unless it's an emergency. And then after you had your emergency you don't have cleaning supplies like you would at home. Thus, you get shit spray.

I have never in my life had shit spray around or out of the toilet seat. I don't see how it's even possible unless you're not sitting on the toilet for whatever reason

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Having been to some people's homes and used their toilets, I think some people just don't know proper toilet using etiquette. At home or outside.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have never in my life had shit spray around or out of the toilet seat. I don't see how it's even possible unless you're not sitting on the toilet for whatever reason

well you see, the toilet is dirty so you can't sit. There's shit all over it, and white goop.

Or you are in such a rush it starts spraying out your ass as you pull your pants down but before you've sat down entirely.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The (constantly out of service) toilets in my work place (an office) are a hive of scum and villainy. I've flushed so many other peoples shit for them. (how the fuck are people so lazy they can't even flush their own shit!?). I've seen things I wish I would unsee. The aftermath of demonic abortions, of exorcisms gone wrong, sentient blobs in toilet bowls squirming in their filth, tiny arms outstretched while squealing for me to mercifully kill them.

Sort out your fucking diet people, stop eating garbage all day, jeez.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also why don't American toilets have the spray hose like SE Asia. That would help you clean up after you spray the walls with poo.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I have trained my body to take a shit every morning and every evening when I get home from work so I never have to use a public toilet. Just peeing in urinals during the day. People are animals so I avoid dealing with their filth at all cost.

Unfortunately, I developed IBS in my 30s, so it's sometimes unavoidable. :(

Now imagine having to clean that shit three times a day.

Yep, although I tend to clean up the mess of whoever went beforehand because luckily at my work there's toilet brushes provided. I also tend to use toilet paper to mop up anything unpleasant and wash my hands thoroughly, I then check my own "work" afterwards to make sure I haven't left a mess, and clean it afterwards. The way I see it is it not only provides a more pleasant environment, helps out the cleaners, but I get extra time away from my desk when I'm feeling particularly unmotivated with work. :D

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how it's even possible unless you're not sitting on the toilet for whatever reason

Lots of people hover when using public toilets for obvious reasons.

To answer the OP's question, I think a lot of people are horrifying, filthy monsters by nature. The zero accountability environment of a public toilet is just one of the few places they can truly be their awful, disgusting selves.

Gorger

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
The degree of civilization in mankind can be judged by entering its public toilets.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
My job had to shut down the restrooms because a toilet was so clogged. Maintenance told me what they found. It's a sin to be that nasty. And my job provides lysol in every stall to clean the seats yourself and toilet covers to boot.

It's nasty.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
The degree of civilization in mankind can be judged by entering its public toilets.

The only difference between a good public tollet and a bad public toilet is weither they have someone close by to clean it at all times.

Maybe we could create a Discovery show about trying to find a higher soceity on Earth who treat their toilets with dignity. I dont think it exists.

PontyfaxJr

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
Sometimes you go in and there's just a massive turd in the bowl. No paper, no other poop, just one mega turd.

How does that happen

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Public toilets are heavenly here in Japan. Most of them are all so clean and comfortable.

s1lver

Oct 28, 2017
The same reason people shit all over the internet. Anonymity brings out your true self.

Yataran

Jul 17, 2018
Copenhagen, DK
Explosive shitting after a night of a lot of drinking?

The (constantly out of service) toilets in my work place (an office) are a hive of scum and villainy. I've flushed so many other peoples shit for them. (how the fuck are people so lazy they can't even flush their own shit!?). I've seen things I wish I would unsee. The aftermath of demonic abortions, of exorcisms gone wrong, sentient blobs in toilet bowls squirming in their filth, tiny arms outstretched while squealing for me to mercifully kill them.
giphy.gif

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Public toilets are heavenly here in Japan. Most of them are all so clean and comfortable.
Most are, but I would still avoid the toilets at the train station unless you have to use it. I saw some guy left some shit on the urinals at Shinjuku station. That was not a pleasant sight man. Also, the lack of soap here still bothers me...

Bramblebutt

Jan 11, 2018
Having taken care of my grandmother in her later years, which included helping her in public bathrooms, it's my intuition that most disastrous events at public toilets are not a result of anti-social degenerates ruining public spaces for fun, but of physically and mentally impaired people having accidents, being incapable of cleaning after themselves, and being too deeply ashamed to inform the staff or their caretaker (if they have one) of the mess.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
This. I use it before I leave home and have never used a public toilet in my life. I've seen and heard too much to want to use one. Ever. This isn't even counting the amount of times I've seen people leave without washing up. *shudder*

Related, my job went through a spree where the toilets were inoperable and would flood every week or so. While arguing with the owner of the building (love that lease life) we decided to get a few porta pottys and a large toilet trailer what we staged outside the building for employee and customer use. Expectedly, in no time at all they all became completely unusable:

-People peeing on the floor and toilet seats. Both men's and women's facilities on a daily basis. Completely on purpose do to the amount and frequency.
-People literally wiping shit on the toilet seats and stalls.
-People flooding them on purpose by stuffing the toilets and flushing. Amazing especially when it's 20 degrees outside and you come back to an ice rink in the trailer and all over the front of the site entrance in the morning.
-Someone took the brand new roll of toilet paper, wiped their ass with the entire thing without rolling it out and put it on top of the toilet.

People are scum and I felt sorry for the team that had to clean it every morning on a daily basis. On two different occasions they had people quit as soon as they saw what they expected them to deal with.. and I don't blame them a bit.

My job had to shut down the restrooms because a toilet was so clogged. Maintenance told me what they found. It's a sin to be that nasty. And my job provides lysol in every stall to clean the seats yourself and toilet covers to boot.

It's nasty.
When we finally got the go ahead to bring in an outside team to deal with our issue, they found the usual busted pipe w/ tree root systems scenario as well as multiple (I'm talking in the 10s) pairs of panties clogging the line.

I don't even want to know why.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The worst public toilets in the world are found in motorway service stations.

Sometimes I get the impression drivers out there hold it in for as long as possible and then explode in the general vicinity of the cubicle when they reach the limits of their constitution.

Illenium

Aug 7, 2019
Can't speak for men but women are equally disgusting. Period pads tampons everywhere. Toilet paper stuck to the floor so on and so forth. Urine on the toilet seat. Yuck

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND

Sort out your fucking diet people, stop eating garbage all day, jeez.
Is the toilet in your work place a portal to the immaterium?

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I've had explosive diarrhea that splashed so hard it bounced up under the toilet seat onto the back of the toilet, but I have IBS so thats not normal. Have to clean the under side of the seat all the time.

I've had to use a lot of public toilets in my life and you know what, Ive never left the outside covered in piss and shit. I think it's a cultural thing in the USA, people are so fucking selfish they don't even care about leaving toilets in decent shape for other people.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
People are animals. It's not just toilets. Work in retail and you'll soon find out.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
They don't have to clean it up, and then it's already gross so they don't want to touch what they added to the mess. I don't ever use public toilets to shit unless it's an emergency.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even during my roughest periods of Crohn's Disease in the past, I've never once actually made a mess out of a public toilet. I don't get other people.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
"Let me use half a damn roll of toilet paper and not flush one time."

Like, do you morons get inside a public restroom and just forget how toilets work?

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Diffusion of responsibility. "Someone who is paid will clean it up" combined with nobody ever being able to catch you making the mess.

Papa Satanás

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no
people in my workplace turn into tiny ducks and take sink baths when they go to the washroom. water everyfuckingwhere.