• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

c bweezie

Jan 8, 2020
I've never subscribed to the belief that publishers (especially first-party) can only promote one game at a time. I think it's more that Sony's recent approach has been to mostly hold back until the game is imminent. In any case, I don't think the talk (or lack thereof) around the game is concerning. They just don't have anything particularly worth saying right now.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
My guess is it will have a ps4 version of the game but a ps5 version is going to get the main marketing push and that can't happen till the ps5 is shown off.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The most annoying things about these concern threads is that the OP usually bails after the first post and doesn't actually participate in the conversation they were supposedly looking for.

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
For a game that is coming out this summer, we know next to nothing about the game and we still don't have a firm release date. When developer are this silent about their games I feel like it is to hide the fact there is a troubled development going on with this game. I really doubt this game is going to make the summer target release date.

Uhm... i think October-November 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
The Music City.
For a game that is coming out this summer, we know next to nothing about the game and we still don't have a firm release date. When developer are this silent about their games I feel like it is to hide the fact there is a troubled development going on with this game. I really doubt this game is going to make the summer target release date.
Think we will hear something right after TLoU2 hits.

OP
OP
CrazyDude

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
It just feels like we would get more out of them by now. Like what do we really know about this game? We had one short gameplay demo and two cinematic trailers, but I'm no closer to understanding how the game plays or is structured. It just seems weird that you can't trickle out information while promoting another game.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer at TGA and a release window target announced < 3 months ago. Wouldn't expect to hear anything for a while. I guess its possible they could delay it or release cross platfom/generation, but the release window is really heavy in the spring and then not nearly as much in the summer and early fall period prior to when you would expect PS5 to launch. So it fills a gap pretty nicely for them assuming its ready for release.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
It'll probably get some major blowout around April for a release in August. The past few Sony exclusives should give a general idea of when to expect something from them.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a trailer only a few months ago after a lot of silence before that? Shouldn't that be enough of a sign that it's still coming...?

What do you expect anyone here to be able to tell you?
The most annoying things about these concern threads is that the OP usually bails after the first post and doesn't actually participate in the conversation they were supposedly looking for.

I really don't understand it. There's certainly games where I think this kind of thread can be warranted, for things that are more obscure and have little bits of news that may have slipped past the OP and actually be hard to find by searching. But a big first party release that very recently was shown to still be a thing that's coming fairly soon? What's there to even say beyond "maybe it's secretly going terribly" or "they will show increasingly more of it when it's closer to release"?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Think they will move it slowly to a launch title for PS5.
Do you think that is necessary for either Sucker Punch or Sony though? I think a strategic launch before PS5 launch is better for the game. The new IP will have to contend with PS5 exclusives (from a technical standpoint) at launch.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nothing is going on. Focus will shift to it after last of us en it will be amazing (I hope).

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
My uncle at Sucker Punch told me it's cancelled. Sorry guys.

Cancelled, studio shutdown, PS5 cancelled and Sony filing for bankruptcy.

giphy.webp

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish that they'd show more, but I don't think it's necessarily anything to worry about. That's just the marketing approach that Sony has decided to take with the game, for better or worse.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I imagine it will pushed as a huge ps5 game

Plus as everyone has said we've just seen stuff for it, and sony has other games to promote in the meantime

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
lol how many of these threads are we going to get prior to the game's release

www.resetera.com

What happened to Ghost of Tsushima?

Remember this? Remember the presentation? Wasn't that in like 2018? I'm currently deciding on selling or keeping my Pro and I was trying to find out how far out the game is... but nobody seems to know and I haven't seen any meaningful previews in a long time. I need the deets.

Silence is just an artifact of Sony doing what Sony does and revealing games too early. Team needs time to work now.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think there's any problem with development, but I definitely think they're weighing in whether or not they should bother with the ps4 version or go all in on the ps5

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
First FFVII, then The Last of Us Pt. II, then a big fat trailer around E3 with a solid date. That's how it will go.

MBABuddha

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Keep in mind also that corporations usually go by the official seasonal calendar, I.e. "Summer" stretches all the way to September 21.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

One day these type of takes will die especially after they gave us a trailer almost 3 months ago. I promise you we'll get a full on media blowout as we approach the launch date. Just like FF7 got tons of info this week, same will happen with all their major games

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'll never understand people's obsession with knowing stuff about a game months before it comes out.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
all i know is that sekiro has set the bar really, really high.

looking forward to it, though.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's releasing in the Summer.

Also, Sony's focused on VII Remake, Nioh 2, and TLoU Part II first.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cornelius Boots wanted too much money for the soundtrack so they're delaying it until Sony manages to pay up.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I do feel like this is all interrelated and part of the reason why we haven't seen anything about the PS5 yet… they still have current gen exclusives they have to push!

Starting with FFVII Remake, then TLoU2… then Ghost of Tsushima… then finally the PS5 in the fall. Huge year for Sony- love that they are investing into the PS4 even when it's about to be replaced.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
maybe being saved for one of the cross-gen highlight games for ps5? completely uninformed guess from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.