• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your favorite dipping sauce?

• Bbq sauce

Votes: 286 37.6%
  • Tzatziki

Votes: 33 4.3%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 67 8.8%
  • Dijon mustard

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • Hot sauce

Votes: 113 14.9%
  • Cheese dip

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 178 23.4%

• Total voters

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
iStock-1156109598.jpg

So Era I thought we could decide once and for all what the best dipping sauce is and more importantly, we could all agree that BBQ sauce is a crime against humanity.

But just to let you guys know, there are dozens and dozens of dipping sauces out there and it's just impossible to list them all in the poll, so I picked what I think are the most popular choices. So if your favorite sauce isn't part of the poll, you know why.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Don't see how you can just call BBQ sauce bad when there's hundreds of kind of BBQ sauce.

Puddington

Nov 2, 2017
I'm gonna need to hear an argument against BBQ sauce and are we talking all the varieties of BBQ sauce or specific styles that are bad?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
In my older age I have been starting to favor mustard more. No sugar/carbs, very little calories. Still a strong flavor and thick consistency. Kid me would disown current me, but, I've been learning to favor it.

Oct 27, 2017
From those I'd go with ranch. Also tartar, hot mustard, marinara and more. Ketchup shouldn't even be on the list as we're not a forum of toddlers.

Last edited:

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
There's so many choices for BBQ though. In fact, BBQ is such a wide "genre" of sauce that there's always going to be good and bad.

I think my favourite though is... probably Fritessaus. The Dutch have that shit figured out.

eh i chose tzatzaki didnt know its gonna be in the poll its better than bbq fo sure
Oh, great choice. Only had it a few times but it's very good.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BBQ is legit for actual BBQ, but not if you're just rolling through and getting chicken tenders/nugs.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
It's a tie between Ketchup and Sweet and Sour for me. The former is more versatile but I like the latter a bit more.

Shame on you people voting BBQ Sauce though!

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Title: Why BBQ sauce is terrible

OP, you didn't do very well at writing essays in high school, did you?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Aaaaand we agree on one of your food hot takes.....

Hell has officially frozen over

Nov 27, 2020
Title: Why BBQ sauce is terrible

OP, you didn't do very well at writing essays in high school, did you?
I don't like thing, even though thing is incredibly varied and regionally distinct.

Therefore, all must not like thing. Thing is worst thing ever. Ban thing!

Internet think: The thread.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
As dipping sauce? You don't "water it down" with something else? Soy sauce, ketchup, honey, etc? It's so thick and strong by itself

I've used it as a dipping sauce for everything from onion rings to fried chicken (so... really anything that has breading). It's thick, but delicious.

One of my favorite snacks is dipping chili peppers into gochujang.

Jul 1, 2020
Popeye's Blackened Ranch is pretty good. Ranch in general is very versatile but is completely inappropriate for some foods.