• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
This game looks pretty interesting (potentially from what little we have seen), and could have made sense at say $40 with Battle Passes, Seasons, or something on top (these probably will be there in any case). At $70 this is going to tank hard. Let's not even talk about Canadian, European, Australian or Latin American prices.

I think the Sackboy game is also too expensive for what is is even considering it's a launch game. There will be Cyberpunk, Spider-Man, COD, Assassin's Creed, etc... all launching at same time.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Actually when they showed this in the first PS5 showcase it seemed really neat and I was interested. I did not expect it to be a full retail game, so I'm surprised there. I'll be away from home when my PS5 arrives so this is not getting purchased anytime soon. But I'll be looking forward to learning more about it.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
discounts/sales are plentiful on the digital marketplaces these days. If $70 doesn't sit well for most, I wager you'll only have to wait a month or two for a better price.

I can glean enough from the trailer to be intrigued - looks like Burnout Revenge in arenas with parkour? You have my attention. I don't *need* to pre-order any games so I've got no problem waiting for the other shoe to drop on this one.

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
What little I've seen of the game looks cool, but the pricing definitely makes me wistful for the days when I could rent games at Blockbuster to try them out.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I feel like that game is being sent out to die with no marketing at 70 usd.

I feel like there will probably be a SoP covering it in more depth, advertising and some magazine & website coverage before it launches.

OTOH I also think this would be far better on PS+ as I can't see it building much of an audience as a retail title, unless there's a huge underground demand for take Destruction Derby that we're not aware of.

More details on the game coming soon

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This is Lucid's game that we are supporting, so ultimately it's in theirs and Sony's hands. All I can say is there will be plenty of details coming between now and launch, don't worry.

I know launch is pretty dang soon, so just hold tight 👍

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
This will sell just because it's a launch game. But yeah in a few weeks it's likely going to be down to 39.99 or lower. I wait till black Friday.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
discounts/sales are plentiful on the digital marketplaces these days. If $70 doesn't sit well for most, I wager you'll only have to wait a month or two for a better price.

Didn´t save Onrush from tanking completely though, by the point the prices gone down no one had any interest anymore. and the game was definitely good fun.

still see Destruction All Stars selling well because launch title. and i am interested as arcade car combat is right up my alley.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Idk but the game honestly way too much for what I think the game is.

Should be $50 max and even that might be pushing it.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see more, as from what is implied from the trailer looks like a really fun concept. But yeah it was surprising it didn't show up in the show case. No way I'm dropping 70$ on it right now.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the idea of this game as a fan of the Destruction Derby game from the 90's. I've always thought that a car crashing game without projectile weapons and the ability to get out of your car to run for your life would make a fun BR game that I would actually buy.

This isn't quite it, but it's close. I'm not seeing lasers, bullets, or rocket launchers so that's a plus for me. And you can get out on foot to try and survive which I love. The trailer makes it look like team based but I hope it has BR as well. I hope it turns out pretty good.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
We're two months out and Lucid Games posted on Twitter that they'll share more soon.

I'm expecting State of Plays or something like that detailing the games.
Destruction All Stars is a destruction derby game focused on Multiplayer. You simply destroy cars in an online battle game, the different characters have different abilities and you can also go by foot and fight.

There's also a single player component which I believe was teased at the ending montage of the showcase.

I think the game looks solid, actually got it pre ordered already. But I think its obvious that it (and Sackboy) will be shown off soon

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Nah , launch games always sell well.
It will sell enough as a launch title if the game is good.

people even bought 1,2 Switch alongside their Switches...
1-2 Switch didn't have a lot of games to compete and was on the system that followed the disaster that was the Wii U, is not the same situation

To compare All Stars will compete with Spider-Man, Demon Souls and Call of Duty, not even counting people that will buy other games still in the PS4 like Watch Dogs, Cyberpunk, even CoD and Spider-Man will also release on the PS4

With the increased price and intense competition chances it will underperform

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It is from the development studio that rose from the ashes of the developer of Blur, Geometry Wars and Project Gotham Racing.

That's all I need to know.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Didn´t save Onrush from tanking completely though, by the point the prices gone down no one had any interest anymore. and the game was definitely good fun.

still see Destruction All Stars selling well because launch title. and i am interested as arcade car combat is right up my alley.
Onrush was a mid-cycle release where even the reviewers that clearly wanted to like the game struggled to characterize it clearly. I imagine that probably factored into the publisher's decision to pull the plug rather than keep trying.

I'm not saying digital sales are a guarantee of anything but they've certainly helped some games catch a second wind. Combined with the fact that the game will benefit from launch period "shelf space" I think they've got a fair chance to pivot if the initial price really is a tough sell. And I think once we get more coverage of the game, it's going to have an overall easier pitch to make just in terms of the game concept than OnRush had.

Jun 13, 2020
I REALLY hope Sony's pricing blows up in their faces early on. I'm sorry for the devs, but I do hope Sackboy, this and even Demon's Souls sell below expectations because of the pricing. It's the only way that could convince Sony to lower the prices.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I'll see how it plays on Twitch before making a yeah or nah choice. With the prices how they are I have to be really careful I what I buy full price.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
1-2 Switch didn't have a lot of games to compete and was on the system that followed the disaster that was the Wii U, is not the same situation

To compare All Stars will compete with Spider-Man, Demon Souls and Call of Duty, not even counting people that will buy other games still in the PS4 like Watch Dogs, Cyberpunk, even CoD and Spider-Man will also release on the PS4

With the increased price and intense competition chances it will underperform

I used 1, 2. Switch to say :"launch games will sell, no matter what". and as this is one of the two "real PS5 exclusives" releases it well sell more than well.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Back at the PS4 launch people were even buying Putty Squad at full price, so I'm sure it'll sell. But there's a lot of high profile stuff on PS5 at launch, both first and third party, so I'm not sure we're in a Knack-situation here.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I used 1, 2. Switch to say :"launch games will sell, no matter what". and as this is one of the two "real PS5 exclusives" releases it well sell more than well.
Again the situation of the two is different, during the Switch release the only big game was Zelda and the previous console the Wii U had 1/8 of the current PS4 install base and no more games otside of Zelda, tunlike the Switch there are so many 3rd party games that will release on both PS5 and PS4

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
I think it looks like it has a ton of potential. I genuinely think it should be on PSN+ even for a week or two to hopefully replicate some of the success of Rocket League. While MP games are not generally my thing, I love the trailer and overall presentation. I have some high hopes for it.

Useyourfist

Oct 13, 2019
If it has split screen modes then it's day one for me as a game to play with the kids. However as it probably doesn't then it will wait until hits that 19.99 mark new/used

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
This is definitely the #1 game I want more previews/ reviews for before next gen launch

Seems like a lot of fun, but the $70 price point is very confusing and raises a lot of questions.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 didn't have several hundred back compat games to deal with though.
Most people don't want to play BC games on their new console. They go to the store and buy the new games and controllers with their console.

I would like to see more about this game and the other first party titles like we would have normally seen if there was an E3.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most people don't want to play BC games on their new console. They go to the store and buy the new games and controllers with their console.

I mean, this is effectively the first generation launch with widespread BC where someone can go get a console at walmart and choose from 100 games, some at 1/4 of the cost that have better word of mouth. I don't think that behavior is well established or not. People will absolutely be playing Fortnite and Rocket League (both free), Rainbow Six Siege, etc over a lot of new multiplayer games even without the shiny new features.

If the Switch had launched with Splatoon, Mario Kart, and a Mario Party WII u versions, even if basic, I doubt nearly as many people would have picked up the example of 1-2 Switch that people are using in the thread.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017

Queue-it

"Dominate the glittering global phenomenon of Destruction AllStars – the spectacular prime-time sport for dangerous drivers! Master the art of intense vehicle-based combat through timing, tactics and skills to cause colossal amounts of damage, destruction and devastation in vibrant arenas across the globe. Pile-on the destruction from behind the wheel or leap into the arena with a breathtaking reel of parkour action by dodging attacks, taking over vehicles or using abilities to disrupt the onslaught of incoming vehicles. Cause enough mayhem to power up your AllStars game-changing hero vehicle fuelled with special abilities. A roster of 16 blockbuster Destruction AllStars are revved up and ready to compete in the name of entertainment and demolition. So, strap in for intense, explosive and unpredictable levels of free-flowing action and fight to be crowned the Global Destruction Federation Champion. It's time to run, ram and slam. See you in the arena."

sounds like a car combat/demolition game to me.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
If this is MP-only, it's DOA at $70 USD. It could be the most compelling multiplayer game of all time and it would still be dead within a month at that price.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It will sell enough as a launch title if the game is good.

people even bought 1,2 Switch alongside their Switches...
Somewhat of a fair point about 1,2 Switch but the Switch launch line up was legit like 5 games. There was next to nothing to buy outside of BOTW.
That is not the same case here

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
It reminds me of Rigs on PSVR, which had a reduced price point ($50 iirc) and still pretty much ended up a multiplayer ghost town.

I have no idea if that's accurate because of the poor marketing to date, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is a launch title, and we haven't seen anything from it other than this trailer, have we?

Are we racing?
Is it a demolition derby?
Is it about survival?
Are there stunts involved?
Are there points involved like a sport?
Do you need a car to win?
Can you carjack other players?
Is there a story campaign?
Does it only have online modes?
Does it have a variety of environments, or do all the arenas pretty much look the same?
Do the characters or cars control differently or have different abilities?
Are there weapons?
Are there weapon pickups?
How many players are in each match?
Is there just one gameplay mode, or are there lots of different game types?

Shinobi, where you at? We need more info.

I now right? It's a launch game and we know nothing. And then there is the 80€ launch price. Ridiculous.
But it was that or showing Oddworld again.
Yeah.... I was like "Why am I seeing this again" when they showed Oddworld. They have a 1st party game with Destruction: All-Stars and we barely know anything about it.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I get the feeling this game will suffer the weird fate of Battle Arena Toshinden, Surfing H30, Genji and Knack.

The Ringo Starr Effect

Sep 8, 2020
I really liked the art style and regarding the developer Lucid Games I enjoyed ' Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery ' on my PS Vita.
What I find weird is that on their website there is absolutely no mention of the game?

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
With the PS5 standard edition coming in at around 600 usd and games coming in at roughly 83 usd, I really need to choose the one game I get wisely.
By not showing barely anything of this, they're actually making my life easier.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
With the PS5 standard edition coming in at around 600 usd and games coming in at roughly 83 usd, I really need to choose the one game I get wisely.
By not showing barely anything of this, they're actually making my life easier.
I now right? It's a launch game and we know nothing. And then there is the 80€ launch price. Ridiculous.

Again, there are 8 WEEKS LEFT TILL RELEASE, plenty of time to show more.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
It reminds me of Rigs on PSVR, which had a reduced price point ($50 iirc) and still pretty much ended up a multiplayer ghost town.

I have no idea if that's accurate because of the poor marketing to date, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

RIGS was PSVR exclusive and wasn't very approachable as an MP experience. This could be different with enough support.

Oct 28, 2017
This is Lucid's game that we are supporting, so ultimately it's in theirs and Sony's hands. All I can say is there will be plenty of details coming between now and launch, don't worry.

I know launch is pretty dang soon, so just hold tight 👍
Thanks for checking in. I'm pumped to learn more. Might be my second launch pic,k-up :)