• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 12, 2020
This game is a launch title, and we haven't seen anything from it other than this trailer, have we?

Are we racing?
Is it a demolition derby?
Is it about survival?
Are there stunts involved?
Are there points involved like a sport?
Do you need a car to win?
Can you carjack other players?
Is there a story campaign?
Does it only have online modes?
Does it have a variety of environments, or do all the arenas pretty much look the same?
Do the characters or cars control differently or have different abilities?
Are there weapons?
Are there weapon pickups?
How many players are in each match?
Is there just one gameplay mode, or are there lots of different game types?

Shinobi, where you at? We need more info.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Have a feeling this will be a sleeper hit.

i think there will be more gameplay and overviews till the release, it is still 8 weeks till then...people have to relax a bit, remember GoT where people were also asking about the marketing and suddenly a month before release there was a big blowout.

allongo

Jun 29, 2018
Why do you need to pre-order, just wait, worse case buy it digitally if you want it and can't find the physical copies.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
The initial trailer looked cool but it seems like it's going to be a tough sell at full price and few details.

I'd love to see more.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad there hasn't been a showcase recently to show it off more

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I have searched everywhere for more info but from what I gathered which is me making shit up in my mind, is that it's an online type of game. So I didn't pre order lol

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
It will sell enough as a launch title if the game is good.

people even bought 1,2 Switch alongside their Switches...
Problem is it's going against Watch Dogs Legion, Call of Duty, Demon's Souls, Spider-Man, Cyberpunk...

And some of those games are cheaper than it. It's a very busy November. But yeah it does have a chance if it has a REALLY good showing before launch. There ain't a ton of multiplayer games launching around then.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
The game looks fantastic as does Sackboy but I'll have to wait until Boxing Day. Sorry Shinobi, only have enough in the budget for Miles and Demon's Souls at launch.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I did not realize they were charging $70 for this game. I really liked what I saw but that seems like a very steep price for what seems like a MP only game. I really thought this was gonna be a 40-50 dollar game tops. Guess we just have to wait and see whats in the game

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
It will sell enough as a launch title if the game is good.

people even bought 1,2 Switch alongside their Switches...
The problem is that Sony has a stacked launch here, with 4 first party launch titles. When this is sitting there for full price on the shelf next to Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, and Sackboy, it's not as attractive as say, Killzone Shadowfall and Knack sitting there as the only options for months before inFamous dropped.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I thought it was odd they didn't have a gameplay trailer in the showcase yesterday for this. $70 is a very steep price point for a game like this. Even more so with it being a multiplayer game that isn't from a well known studio.

It's a very different situation with this launch too since there are tons of backwards compatable games people can play on day one. A lot harder to get people interested enough to pick it up when there's so much else to play. I'll be curious to see some gameplay of it though.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Sony being lazy.

This looks to me like a budget PSN game. Maybe $30-$40 tops. Blame them like OP says. No information yet its a launch title for 70 lol. Like are they gonna release all PS5 games at 70 regardless of scope?

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Yeah, I thought it was odd they didn't have a gameplay trailer in the showcase yesterday for this. $70 is a very steep price point for a game like this. Even more so with it being a multiplayer game that isn't from a well known studio.

It's a very different situation with this launch too since there are tons of backwards compatable games people can play on day one. A lot harder to get people interested enough to pick it up when there's so much else to play. I'll be curious to see some gameplay of it though.

All these prices are quite insane. There is no reason to raise the prices except these publishers are greedy.

Also there was about a three second clip in the montage at the end of the presentation yesterday...and sadly that was all we saw of it.