• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Saturn was one of the best consoles of all time. SEGA Worldwide Soccer 97 is the best fútbol game ever made.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Resident Evil 0 has some of the best level design of the classic RE games.

Alienation is a criminally underated game with fantastic gunplay and a surprisingly my addictive end-game.

Last edited:

Sev

Oct 27, 2017
No game soundtrack composer/team compares to Falcom's music team and Monaca.

Metal Gear Solid V is the best open world game.

Tales of Graces F has the best combat system you'll find in an action RPG.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Phantasy Star Online Episode III is an excellent game.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (multiplayer mode) is one of the best FF games.

Sonic's friends are not all shitty and the multiple play styles in the Adventure games were mostly fun.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
I like Fire Emblem Fates' story and enjoyed playing through it. It's flawed for sure, but it's nowhere near the piece of trash more than half the fandom thinks it is.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
All the Star Fox games are good!

A Link Between Worlds is not only better than A Link to the Past, but it's also the best Zelda.

Order of Ecclesia perfected Castlevania. We never need another one.

Immersive sims have all lead up to Prey.

Donkey Kong Country is the best 2D platforming series.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Vita is the greatest handheld gaming system of all time, and provided me with more happiness than any other gaming device this generation.

I don't know about other handhelds as I've only really used 2, but I agree with the second half of your sentence. It's definitely one of my most used, that's for sure. It's just so comfortable to use, and pulling it out of its case and continuing a game wherever I am is something I really appreciate. The battery life and screen, too, are also things I haven't gotten over. Plus how can you beat earning trophies while on the go? :D.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Horizon zero dawn is the best game this gen

I fuck with this so hard.

7qzL.gif

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Zelda PH and ST played incredibly. Using the Touch-Screen to attack, move, write on the map, draw Bomb-Chu routes, aim boomerang was smooth, precise and satisfying. The overall gameplay might be a bit dull, but I would put that more on the level design and level of difficulty. If anything, those ideas were underexplored and the games could have been so much more.

On top of that, ST has an amazing 1x1 Multiplayer experience.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
New Super Mario Bros. U is as fun as SMB3 and SMW. In other words, I think it's a darn good Mario game.

All the mainline Pokemon games are good. Even the low points you find in Diamond/Pearl and XY don't ruin those games for me. I think they're pretty good RPGs that are fun.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
devils third was a really fun game that needed more development time to fix the technical flaws.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wii Fit and Wii Fit plus sold together over 43 million units, making it the 7th best-selling game ever and deserves every single unit.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope that extreme righty and extreme leftys stop posting political topics in this forum gaming section.
When i enter in the gaming forum, i don't like to read you bullshit political topics.

There is specific section for that political shit in this forum, why don't you people post those topics in there.
I know how shitty place this world is, and there are lots of bad people in it, but i don't like to get reminding of that when i enter gaming forum.

Last edited:

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the Sonic games are a lot better than they're given credit for.
On a similar note, Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is the best kart racer around.
Finally, a lot of Chloe's reactions in the original Life Is Strange were totally reasonable and realistic (except for the overreaction to Max's call to Kate, which she later apologises for) even before her backstory was fleshed out in Before the Storm. (I don't think this is at all controversial for the LiS fanbase, but Chloe is a reasonably common reason given for those who didn't like the game)

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
A Link Between Worlds is not only better than A Link to the Past, but it's also the best Zelda.

yeah its a special game, it's the sequel alttp deserverd and rightfully got it. Now they need to make it a 3rd haha

Koizumi ia a unsung genius and should be given the opportunity to write and direct anothed Zelda game.

Fujibayashi is Aonuma's successor.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 6 was my favourite game of last generation

Metroid Other M, Final Fantasy XIII, and Dark Souls II are some of my favourite games in their respective franchises

MGSV is the best Metal Gear game

Devil's Third is one of the best MP games of all time

Capcom never stopped being awesome

Metroid: Other M is one of my favourite Metroid games. I love how it plays, and the way the "murder mystery in space" story plays out as well.

Word

Batman Arkham Knight is the best superhero game ever made.

I can get behind this too.

mothball

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite what you'd expect given its predecessor, Two Worlds 2 was actually pretty enjoyable and had an interesting magic system. I had more fun with it than Skyrim.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Halo Reach is the best Halo game.
Bioshock 2 is the best Bioshock game.
Horizon and Persona 5 are the two best PS4 games.

Lunir

May 17, 2018
Mexico
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is my favorite Wii U game. Not every crossover needs to be about characters, but I liked how they reflected the mechanichs from both games in one. Although, it could be way darker than what they did giving the story of both franchises.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls 2 is a well designed and great game. Xbox One was worth a purchase early on because of Kinect and Titanfall.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best generation for gaming ever and thoughts otherwise are clouded by nostalgia or outside factors such as people and relationships. Some things are indeed irreplaceable like the communities and gaming partners you may have had in other generations on games like Counter Strike, Halo 3, and MW2 but in terms of the games themselves for at least 90% of genres, they've been better than ever.

This gen is kinda like what the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen was to the PS1/N64 gen in that it expanded upon the ideas of its predecessors and made games that aged far better. I can't think of a single game this gen that was already seen as good that might feel unplayable a decade from now. Sure there's an outrage over lootboxes this gen but the sentiment isn't much different from the outrage over map packs last gen and yearly sequels or expensive peripherals before that. Once you get outside the EA/Activison/Ubisoft backlash, you'll see plenty of all time greats from this gen on every major platform.

It's controversial because I still hear how gaming was so much better last decade and before but from my own experiences and observations, that was likely due to being younger and having some of the people we played games with who may not be playing with us anymore. The overall products have drastically improved and will continue to do so next gen as well for both single player and multiplayer games.

Oh but the one thing that has declined this gen is Bethesda games (though mainly due to a lack of output) and that leads into another controversial opinion at least on Era: Vanilla Skyrim is a great, beautiful game and deserves to be called one of last gen's best. Open world games this gen have surpassed it but I still enjoy it as I feel it nails immersion through a great atmosphere and interactivity plus most importantly an amazing soundtrack. Hopefully Bethesda releases more next gen.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Final Fantasy 2 is a great game with a fantastic story.

Zelda II: The Adventures of Link is the best Nes Zelda game, and OoT and Link in Smash would be drastically different if not for it.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
- The Koopalings are some of my favorite characters in the Mario series and I always get excited whenever they show up in a main game or spin-off

- I enjoyed Sticker Star and Color Splash just as much as the first two Paper Mario games

- Every numbered Final Fantasy as their own merits and each is worthy of being someone's favorite and being in the series

- Eliwood is just as good as Lyn and Hector

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
System Shock 2's ending was great.

After all the shit Shodan put you through, having your player character just say "Nah" while shooting her in the face was the most hilariously cathartic thing to happen.

I can't wait to see how SS3 addresses this.

Sep 12, 2018
mgs fans seem to not like mgs v but it is probably game of the generation for me. only breath of the wild and bayonetta 2 come close.

i like sonic unleashed colors and generations more than mario galaxy ahhhh

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
  • Halo 2 is the best arena shooter ever made.
  • Portal 1 was the best game Valve developed
  • Rayman Origins is the best Pure 2D Platforms in the past 20 years
  • I liked Battlefront 1 (2004) more than Battlefront 2 (2005)
  • I really enjoyed Battlefront 2015
  • Oblivion was my favorite Bethesda game
  • I thought Escape from Monkey Island was better than Curse of Monkey Island
  • I thought The Order 1886 was pretty solid
  • I enjoyed Uncharted 1 just as much as the others
  • I think Jak 2 is the best in the series
  • I think that Jak and Sly as a pair are the two best 3D platforming series that have ever existed.
  • I like Final Fight 3, I think it's the best beat-em-up out there.
  • I think Sonic Adventure 1 was better than Sonic Adventure 2
  • Mercenaries 1 is better than most current open world games
  • Alan Wake is the best Remedy game so far
  • Kingdom Hearts 1 is one of my favorite games of all time, and none of the other games in the series have come close.
  • I enjoy the simplicity of LBP Karting or ModNation racers over the needless complexity of Mario Kart's customization that effects gameplay. Slows down multiplayer waaaaay too much.
  • I think the first Star Fox is the best one in the series
  • I think Driver 2 is a fantastic game
  • My favorite Need for Speed is a tie between High Stakes and Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2)
  • Borderlands 1 was the best game in the series by a large margin.
  • The only TellTale games I enjoyed were Puzzle Agent 1 and 2, as well as the Poker Night series.
  • The Vita had a more interesting library to me than the 3DS or DS did.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
FFXV is great and my fav FF that I have played

Halo 4 and 5 campaigns are good (5 less so but I still enjoyed my time with it)

AC multiplayer was a ton of fun and wish it comes back in some way in the future

Sonic Adventure 2 is fuckin great and better than most 3D Mario games, 3D Mario games that are better that come to mind are Galaxy and Odyssey

Old AC was great to the end and was replaced by a fantastic RPG shift in the series, I would love to have spin off games tho that have the old style along with the new ones.

Resi 7 is the best Resi.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Knack 2 is a good platformer.

Xbox One OS is rather good.

Uncharted 4 is the best third person shooter on current-gen.

Super Mario Odyssey is better than Galaxy 1+2.

The Last Guardian is a masterpiece.

Rayman Origins + Legends is the best 2D platformer.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
i love botw's story and narrative and thought it perfectly suited the game
Metroid: Other M is one of my favourite Metroid games. I love how it plays, and the way the "murder mystery in space" story plays out as well.
Hell yes to both of these. I loved how BOTW gave you enough to go on and keep you interested, and then got out of your way. The corny, hamfisted stories of many previous Zeldas often felt like they were bringing the whole experience down. BOTW had a perfect balance imo.

And Other M was so much fun to play. I actually replayed it many times in the years following its release. I should go back to it sometime. Although I confess on successive playthroughs I enjoyed being able to skip the cutscenes. I guess in general tbh I don't really think stories are very good in games and they often interfere with what I think the strengths of the medium really are, but I'm trying to keep this post positive!

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
  • The Order 1886 is a great Single Player experience. Great movement-shooting mechanics, good story, fantastic visuals.
  • Gears of War Ultimate has fantastic art and world design (upgraded from the original). Marcus and the rest look better than even Gears 4 characters.
  • Every single Gears of War has been great. I recently played them on normal and hardcore (all of them) and only Judgment feels less than excellent.
  • Uncharted The Lost Legacy is a very solid product and feels more like "classic" Uncharted than Uncharted 4
  • Fallout 4 was good enough. It had fun minute to minute gameplay and a great art direction. They made Power Armor look like it should and I will always appreciate that.
  • The MCC Collection is a FANTASTIC collection. Single player campaigns with 4K, HDR, all in 60 fps. On top, you have hundreds of Multiplayer stuff to try (it works great now, in 2019)
  • HDR - Dolby Vision truly is the next thing we should be expecting from all games and hardware/displays. Yes a standard needs to be followed by manufacturers, video producers and game developers, but it REALLY works. Going from million to billions of colors + specific luminance and highlights per frame is...well: Next Gen, but now.
  • God Of War 2018 was the best "grown up Zelda" I have played.

Piotrek

Oct 28, 2017
Warsaw, PL
Tokyo Mirage Sessions has the best battle and skill system Atlus has ever created and they should definitely adapt its elements into future Personas or SMTs.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Mobile gacha games deserve more praise and recognition for the amount of content they contain and continue to add week after week.

Status
Not open for further replies.