• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Labo is Nintendo at its very best and also the best game they released this year.

Mass Effect 3's ending was pretty ballsy, and outside of it being rushed and space kid, should be celebrated for not going in the space jesus Shepard saves the day direction.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
The Yooka Laylee team deserve credit for how well they delivered their kickstarter, and how they were willing to stick to their morals and put their project in the crosshairs of angry gamers, when ignoring controversy would have been far easier.

Also it's a good game which I think demonstrates the team's potential to live up to their past work. Even if it has its shortcomings.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect 3 ending wasn't bad at all. Extended Cut fixed almost everything.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
I instantly thought of Resident Evil 6. While it's a flawed game for sure, I enjoyed the way each campaign managed a different in tone and play style. Leon/Ada's campaigns were like a mix of RE2 and RE4, Chris' campaign was basically Gears, and the Jake/Sherry campaign was more an action adventure story.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Lost World are pretty enjoyable Sonic games. I feel all them were very polished.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Assassin's Creed's modern aspect is a cool framing device that makes the series better. A purely historical series without the Animus-mediated presentation or flash forwards to present day descendants of the main characters would be less interesting.

The modern day aspects of Assassin's Creed are interesting and fundamental to the series.
Hurray, I knew I wasn't alone here.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
I liked ME3 ending and the Extended Cut made it even better.

Love the Batmobile in Arkham Knight, it's just a fun car to drive.

I think Shadow of the Tomb Raider was great. The saga began well, not everything has to be innovative.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
the batmobile in arkham knight was pretty cool, the game had it problems elsewhere
i especially liked doing the races on the tim burton batman dlc tracks

Nov 25, 2017
The N-gage (v2) was an awesome device, one of the greatest portable cRPGs of all time is still stranded on it (Rifts). That game was so good!

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Arkham Origins is unbelievably underrated and has the best Batman story in the franchise.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Persona Q is the best SMT game ever made, and one of the best dungeon crawlers ever made.

The game manages to marry character-focused party members with the collectathon gameplay loop of most monster taming games in a way that not just has the benefits of both, but elevates them to new heights.

Fusing personas is far more fun when you have to take into account how it will compliment a set characters base stats and abilities, and forces you to be far more strategic in what you're making. At the same time, you can also be far more creative and free with your creations as the pressure to cover all your bases is lessened when you're already doing that naturally.

The characters are over-exaggerated, but this plays to the games benefits as it makes an over crowded cast far simpler to manage. By reducing each character to their barest traits and hypercharging them, the group becomes more of a cocktail of various caricatures, and the fun is in throwing them at each other.

The soundtracks fusion of the P4 and P3 styles is incredibly interesting to listen to, and it works incredibly well.

All in all PQ is great and the fandom are a bunch of meanies.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Nier: Automata is the greatest game ever made.
  • CS:GO is the greatest competitive multiplayer game ever made.
  • Ubisoft make some of the best games of the year, every year.
  • The Arkham Knight Batmobile was a great addition to the game.
  • Competitive Esports is one of the best things to happen to the video game industry.
  • VR is a revelation and worth buying in to right now.
  • Metal Gear Solid V is one of the best games of this gen from both a gameplay and narrative standpoint, despite its issues.
  • Dark Souls 3 is the best Dark Souls
  • Halo Reach had the best multiplayer of the franchise until Halo 5

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man 11 was one of the best games of last year.

Street Fighter V is the best fighting game of all time in terms of gameplay and graphics (save for the hair and lens face I love the art style and animation)

O3ulyjX.gif

I appreciate you

Last edited:

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Final Fantasy XIII is a fantastic game and one of the better Final Fantasy games. I also think it has the best soundtrack in the series even though it wasn't by NU.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Dark Souls 3 is my favorite soulsborne game(and I played them all)
I liked ME:Andromeda
FFXV had so many flaws but was still one of my favorite gaming experiences the last few years.
I liked NMS at launch and loved it later on with the big updates it got.

Its not that I don't see the flaws in most of these games, but I still like them on a personal level and have a really good time with them

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Infinity Ward was right about everything in Modern Warfare 2.

Shotguns aren't viable as primary weapons and stopping power adds a cost to cold blooded.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
That 2018 had two great games and they were Detroit and The Missing!

In a year of mostly boring games those two were shining beacons of videogame intent and anti-self-aware charm.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Also, Route B in Nier Automata was great, and it was absolutely essential to the narrative. And hacking was really fun and was tied into the narrative in really clever and interesting ways.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DmC is pretty much one of the best entries in the series alongside DMC3. DMC5 should feature more content from DmC, or Capcom could allow NT and MS to make DmC2.
I really like 007: Everything or Nothing.
It's still the best 007 game ever made, in spite of all the nostalgia for Goldeneye (which is a terrible 007 game).

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Xenoblade peaked with X and its fantastic soundtrack is a large part of that. Future sequels should be related to that plotline.

Anthem looks great and has given us no cause for concern whatsoever so far.

There are a good four or five Monster Hunter clone franchises that have vastly improved on the original formula.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a spectacular game viewed in any way but relative to its predecessors. The comparison is inevitable, but it deserves praise even if it fell short of our expectations.

AC: Assault Horizon was still a wonderful game, even if it's gameplay and tone were different and less enjoyable then the franchise's norm.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Tidus is a pretty interesting character if you can see past some of the suspect voice acting

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Assassin Creed Odyssey was miles ahead of any other game that came out last year, and is the best game this generation.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Paper Mario Color Splash is great and with small modifications in its combat system is the ideal template for Paper Mario

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A flawed game that tries to break the mold is more important than a great game that sticks to the formula.
Unlimited SaGa, BOF5 and Let's GO Pikachu are all more important games than previous games in their franchises, even if they may be less enjoyable.

Also Unlimited Saga is SQEX's best PS2 game.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I've actually liked EA's output this gen (of the games I've played), can't wait for Anthem
The people who say, "There hasn't been a good football game since NFL 2K4" probably haven't played Madden lately
You can field a pretty good team in MUT without any MTXes with a little dedication to the grind
Spider-Man has the best traversal in a video game EVER
Spider-Man PS4, as much as I love it, isn't the first good Spider-Man game and I hate when people say that
Spidey is also my favorite game of all time
Crackdown 3 looks fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.