• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
25565-F06-0-BB2-4266-8510-D54965-F9-F2-C5.jpg

1,860 square feet in North Seattle.
3 bedrooms.
3 baths.
Fully finished basement.
Garage.
Off street parking for one car.
Ridiculously small yard. No backyard.

Short walk to a large lake/park and five minute walk to a light rail station that is opening in 2021.

That's my house. Crazy what the market is like in the city.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018

3 bedrooms.
3 baths.
Fully finished basement.
Garage.

Short walk to a large lake/park and five minute walk to a light rail station that is opening in 2021.

How long have you been there? I'd live the fuck in that house

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I thought that was going to be about the new modern "high-rise" houses popping up in Tangletown...

How long have you been there? I'd live the fuck in that house

Since 2007, we love our house. I did the basement remodel myself and also redone the other two bathrooms as well. It bums me out to know that if we ever sell a developer will just tear it down.

I thought that was going to be about the new modern "high-rise" houses popping up in Tangletown...

Since 2007, we love our house. I did the basement remodel myself and also redone the other two bathrooms as well. It bums me out to know that if we ever sell a developer will just tear it down.

Any interior pics we can see? Tell me it has a fireplace. It's a really cute house, regardless.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

3 bedrooms.
3 baths.
Fully finished basement.
Garage.

Congrats on becoming a "millionaire" which might have a partial outcome if you move to like, a jungle shack in Belize one day. Otherwise congrats on being trapped in a house you couldn't afford to move into if you did it today, like me!! :-)

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Congrats on becoming a "millionaire" which might have a partial outcome if you move to like, a jungle shack in Belize one day. Otherwise congrats on being trapped in a house you couldn't afford to move into if you did it today, like me!! :-)

Right on brother.

It would be nice to have an actual fenced backyard, but I don't want to move anyway. I love our house and our location and we've been here this long that dammit I'm taking advantage of having a light rail station within walking distance to my house in another year and a half.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
genMid.1416267_1.jpg

4 bed, 2.75 bath, 3070 square feet. $1.05m, $342 per square foot. Welcome to Seattle? New construction though.

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Seattle/14330-Fremont-Ave-N-98133/home/146917737

Haha, I was like HOLY SHIT that's a bargain for Fremont!!! But then I remembered that all those N/S arterial streets - like Fremont, Meridian etc, go all the way to Greenlake, then some of them pause, before resuming all the way to "Canada," which this one effectively is.

This in "proper" Fremont would be about 1.5 to 3 mill.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Haha, I was like HOLY SHIT that's a bargain for Fremont!!! But then I remembered that all those N/S arterial streets - like Fremont, Meridian etc, go all the way to Greenlake, then some of them pause, before resuming all the way to "Canada," which this one effectively is.

This in "proper" Fremont would be about 1.5 to 3 mill.

I initially had the same reaction, "WHO THE FUCK HAS A YARD LIKE THAT?!?" but then I noticed the 14430 and was all "wait, that's up past 145th..."

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right on brother.

It would be nice to have an actual fenced backyard, but I don't want to move anyway. I love our house and our location and we've been here this long that dammit I'm taking advantage of having a light rail station within walking distance to my house in another year and a half.

That'll be a game changer. Right now the closest stop for me is the U stadium - not walking distance - and by the time I get a ride or Uber to there from my house, I'm a quarter way into just might as well drive to the airport. My dream is to one day roll my bike to the new U district stop and go straight to the airport, fold my bike up on the train, pop it in its carry bag and travel the world seeking adventures or going to dull conferences.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
That'll be a game changer. Right now the closest stop for me is the U stadium - not walking distance - and by the time I get a ride or Uber to there from my house, I'm a quarter way into just might as well drive to the airport. My dream is to one day roll my bike to the new U district stop and go straight to the airport, fold my bike up on the train, pop it in its carry bag and travel the world seeking adventures or going to dull conferences.

We bought our house about six months before the Northgate/Roosevelt extension was announced, got lucky. It's about a two mile walk/bike ride to Husky Station right now so I'll do that on a nice day when I'm headed to a Mariners game or something, but other than that it's not super helpful.

My block has four single family homes left, but it's mostly condos, townhouses and apartments. I bet we'll be the last holdouts one day.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Well this was a depressing eye-opener. Here's a couple that are listed for a mil.

ISivr5tp24jmea1000000000.webp

Comes with its own lake I guess.

ISql1d442u4szz0000000000.webp

Out of curiosity I looked to see what kind of house another million will get you (so $2 million). Apparently that's when you get into Tony Stark lite territory.

IS2b9dxz6sn7f10000000000.webp

Deleted member 45957

1 Million € gets you a nice flat in Paris for an average sized family but nothing extravagant. Houses barely exists in the inner city itself, and are worth far more than 1 Mil.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
72588_72588_52686CK61_IMG_02_0000_max_656x437.jpg
This is about 45 minutes from me in Normandy....

If I move back to the UK, it'll depend on whether I go to London or not. If I do, not an awful lot.

I know a guy looking for a house in London with about a £30m ($40m) budget. It's insane.