• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Was Your Favorite Inside Xbox Reveal?

• Chorus

Votes: 34 6.4%
  • The Medium

Votes: 215 40.3%
  • The Ascent

Votes: 67 12.5%
  • Second Extinction

Votes: 26 4.9%
  • Call of the Sea

Votes: 104 19.5%
  • Bright Memory Infinite

Votes: 40 7.5%
  • Scarlet Nexus

Votes: 48 9.0%

• Total voters

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Scarlet Nexus caught my eye the most. Looks like it may have interesting combat and multiple characters. Story looks pretty uninteresting though.

Forgot about this game because it hasn't received much attention after the show. Despite not being much of an anime fan, I thought the art style was super interesting and gameplay looked fun. Definitely want to try that game out.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Layers of Fear and Observer were ok and Blair Witch was boring, I really hope Bloober can finally deliver a great game.
Call of the Sea looked really cool, looking forward to that and Scorn which looks fantastic.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I'm not too sure about The Medium, looked like I'd played that style of game a million times before. Give me The ascent and Call of the Sea any day.
Was a pretty soild lineup now looking forward to the big show In July!

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Looked at the Scarlet Nexus trailer again. Gameplay looks really fun. Reminds me a lot of Devil May Cry. Did anyone else get those vibes?

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
The medium and that one game the ascent. They look really cool. Great variety from Xbox and I'm glad they're showing jrpgs

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
It's actually a shame that IX is getting such a bad rap. It's really overshadowing the amount of good looking games presented, many of which did show gameplay. If ACV wasn't there it would have probably been received more favorably.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely The Medium for me because it looked interesting and has the dual soundtracks, one for the real world and spirit world (assume the Silent Hill composer's soundtrack is probably the spirit world). But I am also very interested because it is a Series X exclusive game that the game director from Bloober had some things to say in interviews below that make me very curious what they will share later because it isn't just the raw SSD speed that he openly talked about being able to remove loading screens.

Undoubtedly, The Medium is our largest and most ambitious project to date, and it is one that we at Bloober Team have wanted to create for some time. Being able to work with the latest hardware in the form of the Xbox Series X – with 4K resolution, ray-tracing technology and SSD for a single, seamless cinematic experience without loading screens – has finally enabled us to do this vision justice. We've also got another few surprises in the coming months that demonstrate why the game is perfect for the Xbox Series X that we cannot yet talk about. So please stay tuned for more information on this.

As for why it's taken the studio so long from The Medium's initial announcement in 2012 to release the game, Piejko says the team simply hasn't been able to fully realise its vision until now. "Only the next-gen horsepower [has given] us tools to create the game that we wanted," he tells me, "that's why we've been waiting for this for a long time." "Immersion is very crucial for us," he explains, "and having this seamless experience without any interruptions like loading and stuff is perfect for horror games."

"I can't tell you right now about our most important feature, because we will have to save it for later. But the gameplay mechanic built around those two worlds couldn't be fully realized on current-gen hardware. This is something that I think will distinguish our game from any other. It's also even patented. So yeah, the game simply cannot work the same way on current-gen platforms. And that's why we are developing the game for Xbox Series X, plus PC."

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually a shame that IX is getting such a bad rap. It's really overshadowing the amount of good looking games presented, many of which did show gameplay. If ACV wasn't there it would have probably been received more favorably.
If they didn't hype it up and promote it the way they did, it probably would've been universally praised as the best Inside Xbox yet. Oh well. Hopefully they nail it in July.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
My brother kinda wants the yakuza spin off

I'll be interested in assassin creed if they drop the micro transactions.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
I'm not getting an XsX so it doesn't really matter but I though the Ascent looked really fun.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many of them, I can't pick just one. My top two are: The Medium and Second Extinction and Call of the Sea and Bright Memory Infinite and Chorus.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, but since that's a known one, I'll say Call of the Sea looks really pleasant and appealing. I'm keen to explore it.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
As a big fan of odd forms and somber tapestries, I'm voting for Scorn even if OP is not considering it.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely The Medium for me because it looked interesting and has the dual soundtracks, one for the real world and spirit world (assume the Silent Hill composer's soundtrack is probably the spirit world). But I am also very interested because it is a Series X exclusive game that the game director from Bloober had some things to say in interviews below that make me very curious what they will share later because it isn't just the raw SSD speed that he openly talked about being able to remove loading screens.

That sounds super amazing. Very hyped and curious to see those secrets. I really hope it makes the Series X launch date!

The only thing that surprises me in a negative way: it doesn't have HDR??

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
For me it's The Medium followed by Call of the Sea. I've never really been into horror games but The Medium looks like it will be really good.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
All of the ones that will appear on gamepass same day :).

Bright Memory infinite and Medium are both incredible looking games.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Bright Memory Infinite looks phenomenal:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Call of the Sea is my top pick. The Ascent and The Medium also looked great.

Sep 14, 2018
So is Chorus kind of Star Fox-y? That one looked next gen to me, 4k/60 fps and Ray Tracing with good art direction, I don't know why but I sort of overlooked it at first.
www.xbox.com

Chorus | Xbox

Play as ex-cultist Nara and her sentient AI starfighter in Chorus.

How are Chorus and Second Extinction on the poll over Bloodlines 2 and Scorn?
The former made their debut yesterday, the latter made their debut years ago. I think Scorn should be in the poll but Bloodlines is too big for these newer/smaller games, not just cause of the og there's the whole WoD thing.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The Ascent. Loved Ruiner and this is like next gen version (although with a little less attitude and style). But looking at the list I'm actually interested in all them except Scarlet Nexus and Second Extinction.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Scarlet Nexus. It looks like a cool setting/artstyle for some third hack n' slash combat (even if the universe and story will most likely disappoint).

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Chorus because I haven't played a space shooter since Star Trek: Invasion and Ascent looks pretty rad.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
The Ascent looks like my kind of jam. Excited to see the IGN First rollout with that project. Interesting to see it go as a launch title not on Game Pass as there will be some healthy competition.

Scarlet Nexus would be number two for me from the list. The Medium and Call of the Sea are Game Pass titles that may or may not hit, in my opinion. Impressed by what one person has done for Bright Memory Infinite, but I am unsure of the scope on the project. Need to see more of Chorus and Second Extinction.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I picked call of the sea because I know I will play it day 1. The Medium looks more cool and next gen-y, but it looks scary.