• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Les Bleu Poudre, François Pérusse, The Simpsons, Conan O'Brien, The Larry Sanders Show

Last edited:

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
The Simpsons, Nick toons of the early 90s and a lot of the sitcoms on TGIF. The Muppets and Fozzie bear made me tell terrible jokes as a kid.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Growing up in the 2000s
190715-spongebob-top-100-spongebob-news.jpg

Aqua-Teen-Hunger-Force.jpg

71asnjg2pcL._SL1059_.jpg

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Early Simpsons, 90/00s Nickelodeon, Adult Swim's programming block and early internet (forums, FunnyJunk, etc.) were the biggest influences at a young age. Also, as a kid/teenager in the 2000s, unfortunately, Dane Cook.

Apr 25, 2020
Definitely Robin Williams very quick witted, sometimes humorously informative style. Cleverness can be very funny if done quickly and it makes sense in the context of the moment. Also love Monty Python's satire, George Carlin's dry polemic and Billy Connolly's storytelling styles.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I think about this a lot. I've got it pinned down to:

Spongebob
Fairly Odd Parents
Pee-Wee's Playhouse
Scary Movie 3 😅

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
-Anything with Leslie Nielsen
-H
-Eric and Ramzy
-South Park
-Borat
-Simpsons
-Harold and Kumar
-Superbad
-The first scary movie
-Jean Dujardin aka Brice de nice
-Eric Andre
-Mr Bean
-Tom and Jerry
-Sean the sheep
Its mostly H and the Eric, Ramzy and Jamel trio haha

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm a millennial of a certain age, so combine:

j6AHmxj.png

With:

kvmmkLx.jpg

And just a little bit of:

2GyYK9Y.jpg

And you have me.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
François Pérusse, RBO, The Simpsons, Tiny Toons, Jean-Marc Parent

Pérusse was audio comedy, did a lot of skits using voice changers and everything. Lots of song parodies, every day style situations. One of his better bit was just a guy buying stuff on the phone and getting into all sorts of funny situations with various vendors. So many of his characters stuck with me, to this day I can do a lot of his bits by heart.

I'm too young for RBO but discovered them through my mom & my uncle who were big fans. It was mostly sketch comedy, mocking current events, politicians, sports figures, making parodies of popular ads or tv shows etc.

The Simpsons I don,t think I need to explain, it's a staple in so many cultures, not only b ecause of how great the show is but also because of just how AMAZING the localization was (at least for where I'm from).

Tiny Toons was so much fun and really taught me about slapstick comedy.

Jean-Marc Parent is still to this day my favorite standup comic, I think. The guy was just so damn funny with the way he told his stories, and the best thing about him was that he was able to improvise so much of his stuff. He was the best to do it, a lot of people tried and failed. He had his own show for a while "L'heure JMP", he was pretty infamous for just going fuck it and going overtime because everything was improvised and no one knew wtf was going to happen. So it was a mess for adbreaks and everything. It was pretty damn popular for a while, one time one the show he talked ab out how it would be funny if people that were watching just randomly started to flash their lights so everyone could know "Hey my neighbor is watching too!" (Flash tes lumières!). It soon became a thing that happened often!

So yeah those are pretty much the influences that shaped my sense of humor.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Sideways Stories From Wayside School
Holes

Louis Sachar basically created my sense of humor: dark and absurdist, but not really mean-spirited.

I did watch and love some tv shows, but none were as influential as those books. My sense of humor got locked in very early.

Actually Giantbomb was the second biggest influence now that I think about it.

faint

Oct 27, 2017
Primarily lots of dark comedy in the early-to-mid 2000s. I remember watching a lot of Reno 911 as a 10 year old followed by Chapelle's standup and whatever else was on Comedy Central at the time.

Eventually it lead to me finding stuff like Whitest Kids You Know, Tim and Eric, and old clips of George Carlin on YouTube. From there, my teens largely consisted of Louie CK, Bill Burr, Hannibal Buress, Eric Andre, and Anthony Jesselnik, the latter of which is probably my favorite standup comedian.