• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best PS4 exclusive?

• Bloodborne

Votes: 951 36.9%
  • TLOU2

Votes: 578 22.4%
  • Uncharted 4

Votes: 56 2.2%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 60 2.3%
  • God of War

Votes: 531 20.6%
  • Spider Man

Votes: 179 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 220 8.5%

• Total voters

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima > Uncharted 4. If we're not including PC in the equation, then I'd say Nioh 1 > Ghost of Tsushima > Nioh 2 > Uncharted 4. Still gotta play Shenmue 3, and Bloodborne, so my list may change.

noj86

Oct 28, 2017
London
This generation it's definitely Bloodborne for me. Great gameplay, awesome atmosphere and somewhat of a new IP.

I think that it's the various exclusive of Sony that make me buy a PlayStation over a Xbox over the last few years.
Sony managed to create/deliver a wide range of fantastic cinematic solo experiences and I'll probably be an ongoing customer if Sony keep on doing so.

It just shows that exclusive or first party title are still very important. The games that Microsoft delivers are just not to my taste (even if there is plenty of great games - and their offer with GamePass is awesome) ; it explains why I've always been more of a Nintendo/Sony customer.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Close between god of war, uncharted 4 and bloodborne.

I think bloodborne was the better game, but it was annoying to play at 30 FPS. So im going with God of war.

I cant understand people hyping astrobot, Im a big 3d platformer fan, but the platformer in that game was so boring, it was a really great VR tech demo, but that's it.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne, incredible world and moment to moment gameplay.
It's the only current gen game I have completed more than twice (9 playthoughs including helping friends)

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Tough survey for me. The Last of Us 2 is my favorite game of all-time, but "best" can be taken a lot of ways.

Spiderman sold systems. A lot of them. And it will continue to do so next-gen. So for me, that was the "best" for Sony.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
God damn it, these are all amazing games. I'd probably give God of War and Bloodborne 1st place ex aequo.

SpiderLink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is your bet that this forum will overwhelmingly pick Bloodborne even though the answer is clearly Spider-Man?

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne was the only PS4 game this gen that kept me playing for 36h straight. It was really good.

The DLC pushed it into GOAT tier.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the story in God of War the most, I had the most fun with Spidey though. Bloodborne is overrated imo but still a great game.

Haven't played TLOU2 yet.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
It was God of War untill TLOU 2 came... That game is on a different level.

Close one though, and I am really looking forward to GOW 2

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tie for me between Bloodborne, Spider-Man and God of War for sony first party. I still go back to them to replay.

mangrilla

Aug 28, 2020
Washington, DC
I've never played a "Soulsborne" style game (I think they are called) but since folks are all over Bloodborne in this thread, I just picked it up. It's cheap and with this much praise, I have to give it a shot.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU2 or GoW, but on any given day I could give you a different answer. Both games are just so goddamn good by nearly every metric.

Bloodborne is great too obviously, but it's not even the best Souls game.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
From the poll: God of War, which I consider it to be the second best game on PS4. My favorite is Persona 5, and the best PS5 game I've played. Love them both to death.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Until Final Fantasy VIIR is out on PC, it is still a PS4 exclusive for me, so it is between that and the breathtaking The Last of Us II.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Gravity Rush 2 if we're just talking about 1st & 2nd party games.
gravity-rush-2-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-10jun16

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
my vote went to god of war

i just absolutely adored it's unique presentation and its smooth narrative flow

it also looked astonishing most of the time

some of the other games were just extensions of their predecessors, whereas god of war genuinely reinvented itself

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Bloodborne Follower by Sider-Man. If I had not played the others I don't feel like I would have missed out on much.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
It's Bloodborne.

edit- haven't played Astro Bot tbh, it seems really great. But Bloodborne is still probably the better pick.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna say God of War. But GoT, Spider-Man, and Horizon, fill about almost an equal amount of goodness for me. Haven't played TLOU2 or Uncharted 4 yet, and I didn't enjoy Bloodborne nearly as much as everyone else did.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Bloodborne for me personally, at least as far as console exclusives go. Id have said Nioh 2, but im pretty sure it's also confirmed for PC.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
I loved TLOU2 but Bloodborne ended up being one of my favorite games of all time...I always have the problem of getting burnt out on games around 30 hours in but I couldnt get enough of the world and lore.

Sep 23, 2018
I think the best is TLoU2
However I enjoyed Days Gone more.

What's crazy is how great their exclusives have been this gen, and how many of them I'm bought and enjoyed or loved.