• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not a graphics guy, but appreciate those with great art direction.

So what I want is, for the love of God, consistent performance, not even 1 framerate drops...

I don't care if it's 30 or 60 fps, just rock solid, stable, no drops please...

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I want to see a big improvement in enemy AI, especially in stealth based games. We need to evolve further than the 'whistle or throw rock' gameplay scenarios.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Choice between 30 or 60 fps.

And surprise me with something new and useful in the new controllers.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want to see a big improvement in enemy AI, especially in stealth based games. We need to evolve further than the 'whistle or throw rock' gameplay scenarios.

Yeah, that would be cool. Something to go along with I'll f*##ing find you. Fisher, fisher, #*$#* Fisher Hey Fisher, F*#k you.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It would be nice if you didn't see shadows drawing in, agressive LOD, pop in so close to you and better draw distance. Games do look great but man, they are instantly broken now that they are quite high definition and more detailed so you notice it a lot more, glad to see the back of this gen with that stuff.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Frame rates. I'm fine with 30 (even fine with a choppy 30) but ideally 60 or over should be the minimum, even for massive open worlds. I don't care about raytracing or resolution. But performance is my dream.

Again if a game is good I'll tolerate choppy 30 or below (i.e "impossible" Switch ports) but if your form factor isn't an issue for your hardware and you're selling your console on being powerful - it has to be 60 next gen before anything else graphically.

If I want the best version graphically of a game I'll upgrade my PC. But I tend to prefer consoles.

It's one of the reasons I'm considering Stadia because of the "promise" of Cyberpunk being 60fps. A Chromecast is much more appealing form factor than a chunky console and I don't care about video artifacts.

DeNiZen

Dec 4, 2017
Canada
Artificial intelligence. Dynamic and unscripted. AI that learns how to move its own body, able to interact with the environment, and act accordingly to any changes. The AI should have different levels of intelligence depending on the character its controlling.

... you know what, just build skynet. Build skynet, then have it make all the consoles and games to go with them. The human element is slowing the generational growth anyway!

; )

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I want destruction to be permanent. Doors to open up and be logical about opening (insert famous pic of fallout 3 door here).

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Sony fixing their free space requirements for game updates. If they do I'll be 100% digital.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Quality of like things: faster load times, better suspend/resume features, better Ready to Play features.

Everything else is just icing on the cake for me.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
switch 2 raytracing and 4k support (even if it's just upscaling)

you know what I think would be a cool feature generally? If you and a friend play a game campaign online the save should be on both systems... something like that. I don't know if any games do this currently but that would be cool.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
  • Bite the bullet & go USB-C for both ends
    • It'll be beneficial in the long-term
  • Little-to-no load times
  • Cross-play becoming commonplace for online games
  • Maintain compatibility with existing controllers
    • This is especially the case for arcade sticks, as my TE2 works just fine & I'd rather not buy a new one unless the stick itself breaks

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More stable fps. Less pop-in, streaming issues. Zero jaggies across the board. Better A.I. Faster load times.

Buy TV's are hardly 21:9? And most play on TV's when it comes to consoles. Films and TV shows are not 21:9. It doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, without the TV's, supporting 21:9 on consoles makes no sense. 21:9 would require extra development work for virtually no benefit.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
Better build quality.

Between having to disable the eject button on my PS4, the rubber peeling off of my DS4's thumbstick, and stick drift with my Xbox One controller, this has been a terrible generation hardware wise for me.

Vic2003

Dec 8, 2017
I'll use Elder Scrolls VI as an example of the improvements that I want to see:
  • Faster load times
  • Better graphics
  • No loading entering cities, buildings, caves, etc. Everything should be loaded in the begging.
  • I want to be able to see out of windows in buildings.
  • Better animations.
  • Improve pop in and the graphics draw distance.
  • Better AI

Jan 19, 2018
Some of my top items:
  • 5.1 sound (and more) for all games.
  • More flexibility when configuring the dashboard UI. Folders on PS4 are great, but there's items that you can't sort. Groups on Xbox are ok, but there is a limit and it doesn't automatically remove games that are uninstalled. Switch UI looks amazing, but has almost no functionality.
  • Hard drive space is harder and harder to manage. When I first got my PS4, I lated something like 2 months before I swapped out the internal HDD with a 2TB drive. Xbox is easier, since you can plug external hard drives. Switch solution is not bad either, but swapping cards sucks.
  • No ads on dashboards. I like the "Newsfeed" option on Switch, it's got all the ads, but you have to launch it.
  • Durable controllers (not like launch PS4 sticks or Joycon drift)
  • Fucking color! The consoles and launch controllers are typically grey, white or black. Give me a few colors, I'll even pay a few bucks more for some crimson red or sunset orange!

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Crossplay, better netcode, lower load times.

Those are my big ones as someone big into fighting games.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
-Native custom Soundtracks. Sure PS4 and Xbox One eventually added them. But they were really half assed imo and I don't want to rely on using spotify or being limited to 200 tracks of a usb stick i have to keep updating. When I have a library of Music on my network that i can play from. I really hope they take things back to the cool custom soundtrack system from xbox 360/ OG Xbox.

-Faster Loading times. It's claimed to be a thing, but I hope it will come full swing with all games.

-Native Backwards compatibility with graphical improvements. It would be pretty cool if PS5 delivers with native PS4 backwards compatibility while also upscaling graphics of older games similar to Xbox One X's tremendous support with their previous library.

-Discord implementation. I think this would be the answer to all of the Crossplay issues. Sure we use it already, but how great would it be to have native support with all the major consoles too. Of course it would be a threat to the console's parties, but i think it would still be a great addition.

-Crossplay. I hope every mulitiplatform game next gen will implement this full force (reasonable exceptions aside)

- and Obviously better graphics of course